Author Topic: Miyamoto Interview  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Miyamoto Interview
« on: July 22, 2006, 12:33:46 AM »
Asked about reactions from E3 which claimed it difficult to go back to using a standard controller after having used the Wii controller, Miyamoto said, "That's because once you've gotten used to free style using the remote control, going back to a controller where you use both hands, you're unable to move your hands and end up feeling a lack of freedom. However, I have absolutely no intention of being negative about current controllers. We are, after all, preparing a standard style controller in the form of the Classic Controller."    Miyamoto feels that some games will actually work better with the classic controller. He mentioned F-Zero as one such game.

So the classic controller will work with new games, good.

IGN

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Miyamoto Interview
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 09:57:20 AM »
It's like using a mousewheel and then going back to a no-wheel mouse.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Miyamoto Interview
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 11:14:03 AM »
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 11:23:11 AM »
You know I am going to have to disagree with Miyamoto.  Personally I see F-Zero being great with the WiiPointer in the classic position.

Turn as you would expect.  Then you have Gas, Brake, Boost could be forward on the D-Pad, and Back could be hand brake for very quick turns.

Left and right are used for the dashs that can either be for attacks or really subtle position changes.

It would be beautiful.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 12:32:56 PM »
Interesting but not much info.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 04:31:11 PM »
For as long as I have been thinking Nintendo needs to create a revolution with a new interface, Fzero has been one of the model examples for how such controller would work to make games fun again.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 03:48:48 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
You know I am going to have to disagree with Miyamoto.  Personally I see F-Zero being great with the WiiPointer in the classic position.

Turn as you would expect.  Then you have Gas, Brake, Boost could be forward on the D-Pad, and Back could be hand brake for very quick turns.

Left and right are used for the dashs that can either be for attacks or really subtle position changes.

It would be beautiful.

without thinking of buttons for a second....

i think f-zero on wii would work better if it was one handed. hold the wiimote pointer style and simply twist your wrist left and right (think of turning a key, or a doorknob), banking wouldnt have to rely on a press of a button anymore.

fzero isnt your traditional racer after all, so holding it in a "traditional" style wouldnt work. its such a face paced game, and your turns are so quick that i feel it would be better to control it in this method.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 04:26:33 PM »
I think your control scheme would be best for something akin to Katarugi (sp?). You would move ship by moving the wiimote left or right, and to move really fast you would twist the wiimote left or right. Shooting would be done with A and switching would be done with B.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer