Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3213372 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread (updated 09/09/2007)
« Reply #725 on: September 10, 2007, 08:48:09 PM »
Incorrect, RE4 does.  RE4 is slightly more responsive.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 10, 2007, 09:08:50 PM »

Easily developed, but a beautiful set-up to wow non-gamers, entertain casuals, and keep the hardcore at bay.

Wow non-gamers with Zelda? Can't say I agree with that. An updated Duck Hunt probably would've sold well almost entirely on nostalgia alone. Of course, Duck Hunt and Link's Crossbow Training on the same disc would've made the package more appealing by upping the value and targeting a wider audience.

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread (updated 09/09/2007)
« Reply #727 on: September 10, 2007, 10:27:29 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold

It doesn't help that the spin-off sucked and all the Star Fox games since then have also sucked.
Hey, hey hey.. Command was actually pretty good..

Thanks Ice Cold, if you had not said it I would have.

I do find it strange that they are using Zelda for this though. It just sounds like it was thought up in the same meeting as the DS, which admittedly was a completely strange and unexpected concept for me when it first was shown, but it turned out great.

As far as Link ever using firearms, I would not mind really, as long as none of the guns were even semi-auto, that would kind of kill it for me. If you think about it, Hyrule already has gunpowder, what with bombs and cannons, so it is not that far of a stretch that they would have some sort of firearms. The designers also keep skirting the Western (as in Cowboys) theme, which is most prevalent in TP so that may end up being one of the next evolutionary steps in the Zelda series, kind of like how Metroid has, in my opinion, moved towards a more fantasy-esque setting then the originals (for example:Bryyo was partially destroyed by Magic ).
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 11, 2007, 03:34:51 AM »

An updated Duck Hunt probably would've sold well almost entirely on nostalgia alone.

Yeah I think its done a couple of million sales worldwide already

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 11, 2007, 04:08:14 AM »
We don't know sh*t about the game, and already everyone has decided it's worthless.

Try a different tampon, people.  Like maybe a bigger one.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 11, 2007, 07:34:49 AM »
the real reason nintendo didnt release Duck Hunt 2 with the wii zapper:

lots of those new non-gamers/casuals are PETA loving P**sy types that would hate on nintendo for promoting cruilty towards animals. if this helps get pam anderson shaking a wiimote in an experience video (in slow motion to boot) then its all WIN.

/joke

i can see where some of the hate is coming from but, like strell said you dont know sh*t about the game so you're a stupid elite fanboy for dismissing it right away

not so fast for the rest of you, because automatically loving it is just as fanboyish.

I personally won't accuse nintendo of milking the Zelda series until i see how the game is, and that doesnt just mean screenshots or vids either. i want to play it for myself and see if its any good. if its something like the Can Shooter game in WW:SM (ie screen - press start - play - game  over), thats when i'll start to worry. But if it delivers something more than i won't start to worry about seeing a Zelda Monopoly or trivial pursuit mini game compilation in the future.

as for the crossbow hate, c'mon.. is that really such a big deal? crossbows arent something that would'nt fit in the midieval-type Zelda universe. Its not like its a laser gun, rocket launcher, or a pistol/rifle. Their not turning this into Grand Theft Epona guys... geez
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 11, 2007, 08:06:25 AM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure
lots of those new non-gamers/casuals are PETA loving P**sy types that would hate on nintendo for promoting cruilty towards animals. if this helps get pam anderson shaking a wiimote in an experience video (in slow motion to boot) then its all WIN.

I hadn't even considered that until now, but it actually makes the most sense.

Back when the NES and the zapper first released, animal cruelty wasn't as big of a deal. Nowadays, a game which promotes the shooting of animals and is perceived to sell to children would cause a goddamn ruckus the likes of which Nintendo could do without.

I know everyone loves duckhunt, but I think the brief cameos of the ducks in Wii Play is the extent of what we'll be getting.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 11, 2007, 08:47:21 AM »
the sad part is i was joking, even though in my heart i know that our world really has become so PC that a game about hunting is considered wicked..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 11, 2007, 10:51:18 AM »
If someone else has pointed this out, then I apologize, but I think the real reason is pretty obvious:

Why would Nintendo give you a free, updated Duck Hunt, when they can (and will) sell you the original Duck Hunt for 5 bucks? Nintendo's not bundling Duck Hunt with the Zapper because everyone who's going to buy the Zapper is gonna buy Duck Hunt anyway. And the reason Nintendo's not making a new Duck Hunt is because that would only discourage people from buying the old Duck Hunt.

I can't be the only one who came to that conclusion, right?

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 11, 2007, 10:53:41 AM »
That depends.  Is Nintendo going to somehow make the Zapper compatible with NES games?

I was under the impression they didn't want to do such things.  Besides, the emulator would have to be re-written to take advantage of the Wiimote's IR capability, and I just keep seeing Nintendo as too lazy to do that.

That is, of course, unless I completely missed the part where they said they'd do all of that.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 11, 2007, 11:48:17 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
RE4 is third person. And still, after playing it, I find WiiPlay more intuitive..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 14, 2007, 04:44:24 AM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure
the sad part is i was joking, even though in my heart i know that our world really has become so PC that a game about hunting is considered wicked..

Truth, and I think it is really just a matter of time before effort is made to ban hunting entirely. It isn't as popular a past time as it once was, and there is getting to be less and less places to actually hunt anymore thanks to development.

Back in 1985 (or whatever Duck Hunt came out) hunting was far more popular than it is now. I don't know if PETA even existed back then...

And the version bundled with Wii Play isn't the same as the original. It should have had that dog in it.
is your sanity...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #737 on: September 14, 2007, 07:53:06 AM »
If a Wii Hard Drive Rumor has not been created yet.  I am creating one now.

Right now the Wii is about to get 2 new VC systems that will require massive storage space to play the games.  This means that the Wii's little internal memory is just not going to be enough.  Aparrantly I am not the only person who agrees.  Matt over at IGN has commented he believes it is coming and it is only a matter of time.  

So this rumor is to address that issue...and I believe an announcement will be made soon about the product.  It could even be a part of the supposed September announcement.  Here is the reason I believe this is coming.  Both Neo Geo games and Turbo Graphics CD games are announced for next month releases.  And recently the NEO GEO Japanese releases were delayed.  Perhaps this delay was to in fact better time these product releases with a Hard Drive release.  Or even possibly a Wii Update release to allow games to be played off SD card, but I really doubt the latter.  

So let the rumor spread...when will this necessity finally be revealed?

Offline UERD

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 14, 2007, 10:04:26 AM »
Nintendo seriously considering Wii demo channel?

link
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 14, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
I wonder if VC games will start being sold on discs instead of just being downloaded. Storage capacity is just one concern with these mega large games; bandwidth is the other concern. Seems that things take too long to download from the VC already... can you imagine CD sized games comprising 600-700 MB?

Plus many people don't have broadband anyway.
is your sanity...

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #740 on: September 14, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold

Originally posted by: Professional 666
RE4 is third person. And still, after playing it, I find WiiPlay more intuitive..

Stop playing kids games.  The targets are gigantic to accommodate non-gamers.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 15, 2007, 06:37:53 AM »
The rumor has been around

03/18/2007
-Nintendo to release an external HDD for Wii (waiting for TGS..., but rumor just resurfaced by IGN editors on 06/02/2007)

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 15, 2007, 08:19:21 AM »
Nintendo should release a 16 or 32 GB SSD for the Wii.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 15, 2007, 10:19:18 AM »

I wonder if VC games will start being sold on discs instead of just being downloaded. Storage capacity is just one concern with these mega large games; bandwidth is the other concern. Seems that things take too long to download from the VC already... can you imagine CD sized games comprising 600-700 MB?

Probably won't happen, but I'd love it if it did. I like having hard copies of my games and I'm a sucker for compilations.

A hard drive is probably more likely.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 15, 2007, 12:47:36 PM »
They better release a freaking harddrive! I need it for all those Neo Geo and Turbo Duo games!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 15, 2007, 03:14:37 PM »
One more update before TGS (whenever that may be)

This is mostly rumors from just the last 12 months.

10/28/2006
-DVD capable Wii for Japan in 2007 (was announced, could still happen for 2008)

01/03/2007
-DQ Swords to be a Wii pack-in in 2007 (false)

01/06/2007
-Fire Emblem has two parts (false)
-NiGHTS Wii (true)
-SE & Disney to put KH on Nintendo consoles (lets hope so)

01/09/2007
-SE to sell two franchises (KH & Mana to Disney?) (Most likely false)

01/24/2007
-Nintendo to release Wiimote v2.0 (rubber grips & rechargeable batteries)(False, but 3rd parties have provided those upgrades)

01/29/2007
-New colors for Wii Q4 2007 (not very likely, but we'll see. Maybe in '08)

01/31/2007
-Konami to announce a "flood" of games for Wii (I wouldn't call it a flood, but it was related to water)

02/03/2007
-Guilty Gear coming to Wii (true)

03/10/2007 technically from 02/25/2007
-EA developing a dancing game for wii that uses a microphone (true)

03/18/2007
-Nintendo to release an external HDD for Wii (waiting for TGS..., but rumor just resurfaced by IGN editors on 06/02/2007)

04/09/2007
-Assasins Creed coming to DS & Wii (waiting for TGS...)

04/10/2007
-Free Radical has a Wii exclusive FPS on the way, could be TimeSplitter 4 (waiting for TGS...)
-A Wii Nascar game is being held back to incorporate online capabilities (waiting for TGS...)
-Capcom is to revamp an old franchise into the 3D 3rd person realm (waiting for TGS...)

04/12/2007
-Sega to make a game that will have you "shaking to beats" this year <Samba De Amigo!> (true)

05/07/2007
-RockStar to bring TableTennis to the Wii (Confirmed 07/18/2007)
-Dreamcast shooter Karous may be headed to Wii  (waiting for TGS...)

05/17/2007
-Harmonix & MTV's Rockband coming to Wii (mentioned, but not confirmed...)

05/26/2007
-Crysis in development for Wii (waiting for TGS...)

06/19/2007
-Nintendo to go "3rd party" and produce games for the Apple iPhone (not gonna happen)

06/29/2007
-Beautiful Katamari PS3 canned in favor of Beautiful KatamarWii (true)

07/08/2007
-No SSBB for EUR in '07, Mario Kart Wii instead (true & false. Mario Kart releases WW in '08)

07/10/2007
-Camelot will show off a NEW RPG for Wii(Bill is having a "RumorReport" BBQ if false...TGS?)

09/09/2007

According to Gaming-Age.com, the Wii Zapper pack-in game is Link's Crossbow Training. (true)

09/15/2007
-Nintendo to have a Fall Conference on 10/10/2007 (waiting for 10/10/2007...)

thats not all the rumors, but its most of them from he last 12 months.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 15, 2007, 03:37:29 PM »
Might as well add the rumour that there's a Ninty conference coming on October 10th...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 15, 2007, 05:02:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Might as well add the rumour that there's a Ninty conference coming on October 10th...

Who said that and when? Just so that I can date it and place it on the list accordingly.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 15, 2007, 05:04:14 PM »
Link

Original source is Gamefront.de
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 15, 2007, 05:41:57 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Link

Original source is Gamefront.de

Is Nintendo planning a 'Nintendo Autumn Conference 2007'?

According to reports of japanese wholesale dealers Nintendo will hold the 'NAC 2007' on 10.10.07 in Tokyo. There should be several announcements, unveilings and a presentation of the upcoming lineup.

Nintendo has neither confirmed nor officially announced this conference.

How Bill's original post should have looked ^^^