Author Topic: Nintendo Offers Brain Age to President Bush  (Read 14203 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Nintendo Offers Brain Age to President Bush
« on: July 06, 2006, 11:35:32 AM »
Commander-in-Chief gets a special package from Nintendo of America on his 60th birthday.

For U.S. President George W. Bush's sixtieth birthday, Nintendo of America has sent him a special package with a Nintendo DS Lite and a copy of Brain Age to sharpen his mental faculties.  We'll leave the jokes to our talkback goons...  Here's a photo of the gift package and a copy of NOA's letter to the President:    

President Bush's Brain Age Birthday Gift

Nintendo of America
 4820 150th Ave. NE
 Redmond, WA 98052
 July 6, 2006    

President George W. Bush
 The White House
 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
 Washington, DC 20500    

Dear President Bush:    

Happy Birthday!    

Don’t worry, turning 60 is an exciting milestone. As you know, you’ve joined millions of other baby boomers in an invigorating new decade of your life. And, like many boomers, you may be looking for ways to keep your mind sharp. That’s where we come in.    

Please accept our gift of a new Nintendo DS Lite system and a copy of Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day. You now join millions of people around the world who have fun challenging themselves with Brain Age. If you have never played a video game before, don’t worry. Brain Age is part of our new Touch Generations brand, which includes games that are easy for people of any age – regardless of their video game experience – to pick up and start playing immediately.    

It’s obvious you don’t have a lot of time to play games, which makes Brain Age such a great activity for you – just a few minutes a day with more than 15 daily training tests will help keep your mind sharp. Training tests include categories like math, reading and memorization. Try it for a few days and watch your score improve. Brain Age also comes with more than 100 sudoku puzzles – these could make your next long flight on Air Force One a bit more fun! (Perhaps copies of Brain Age for journalists joining you on your next flight would be a nice distraction!)    

Have fun exploring Brain Age with your Nintendo DS Lite and be sure to let us know your brain age!    

Have a tremendous birthday!    

Sincerely,    

Your Friends at Nintendo

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Offers Brain Age to President Bush
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 11:44:06 AM »
As I said in another forum, thank god they didn't give him Advance Wars.  Otherwise he'd think our officers could make blizzards appear out of freakin nowhere.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Saturn2888

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo Offers Brain Age to President Bush
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 12:00:11 PM »
Oh god this is great. Apparently Nintendo wants to help out the President get some smarts. They're like, oh, this is easy for anyone, even YOU! lol lol. There was SUCH a hidden message there regardless of your political preference. God I love Nintendo. Who would've thought they'd pull something like this. Cracks me up.
Only insanity brings perfection.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 12:13:31 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Too much, just TOO much....

Of course, this assumes that he can, you know, read...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 12:17:21 PM »
That's awesome.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 12:29:20 PM »
Haha, this is just too easy. Thanks to Nintendo for providing us more chances to joke about Bush's IQ.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 12:29:24 PM »
I'll start laughing when the economy improves and I don't spend more than a Wii to buy gas each month.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 12:29:53 PM »
Yeah because we all know only dumb people have bought or played Brain Age.  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 12:31:03 PM »
If only they gave him a game to help with his building skills. . .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 12:35:19 PM »
Hahaha...

What's next? An original Nintendo with Duck Hunt for Cheney?!
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Saturn2888

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 12:36:37 PM »
You know, I'm really interested in his "Brain Age" lol! Let's see if he can hold up some number that at least says he's living. It's not as much Bush bashing as much as the stupid decisions the man makes.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 12:44:57 PM »
Yeah I know, that Bush must be brain dead he only graduated from Yale. Why must people turn these boards into political discussions? I was starting to respect some of the people heer but most of that has went out the window after reading some of the idiotic political bashing of Bush. There is no hidden message behind giving Bush brain age, it was a gift from NIntendo in order to gain publicity for its touch generation label, with Brain Age being one of the most popular both here and in Japan.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 01:03:04 PM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution There is no hidden message behind giving Bush brain age, it was a gift from NIntendo in order to gain publicity for its touch generation label, with Brain Age being one of the most popular both here and in Japan.

The word "naive" is not in the dictionary. Go look, I swear!
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 01:11:01 PM »
Hmm...if he likes it, (and even this imbecile can't - I've not met a soul yet that didn't love Brain Age) it could mean some good publicity for video games for once, not just Nintendo games per se. Smart move.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline Dandruff5

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 01:12:51 PM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution
Yeah I know, that Bush must be brain dead he only graduated from Yale.

Gee, I wonder what one would need in order to graduate from Yale, own a baseball team, and become President.

Lots of money from daddy perhaps?

Offline Saturn2888

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 01:14:57 PM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution
Yeah I know, that Bush must be brain dead he only graduated from Yale. Why must people turn these boards into political discussions? I was starting to respect some of the people heer but most of that has went out the window after reading some of the idiotic political bashing of Bush. There is no hidden message behind giving Bush brain age, it was a gift from NIntendo in order to gain publicity for its touch generation label, with Brain Age being one of the most popular both here and in Japan.

You are wrong. I am sorry, but very wrong. He went to both Yale and Harvard, but it is unknown as to whether he graduated from either. I'm sorry, but I'm not lying at all. I wasn't bashing him, if I was, I'd bring up the Patriot Act which I hope no one here gets into. I was saying, because he had made such stupid decisions during his presidency and yes, Nintendo wanted the coverage, but it's a two sided coin. The Bush lovers will say, wow, Nintendo is cool, the Bush haters will see the joke, and anyone who has actual met the President and talked to the man would know that he's pretty dumb. He hasn't lived the life of a poor college student and doesn't normally converse with "commoners." I am not lying. You meet him and talk to him before trying to say he's smart because he graduated from Yale. I'm sorry, but Bill Gates dropped out of High School, and not one person I've met thinks he's brain dead. Actually, while he's not gathered the most respect, he has made a feasible amount of money, and I personally would consider him to be a smart man even though he dropped out of High School.

Also, I don't appreciate being called stupid because I didn't graduate from Yale which is really what you're saying if you think about what you actually just said. You're judging a person on their accomplishments rather than on who they are.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 01:33:21 PM »
I have a friend in the army who has met him and said Bush LOVES to talk, like he'll just go on and on and on without end.

Also, I printed out the first 50 pages of the Patriot Act and taped it together for a Halloween costume once, claiming that I, the Patriot Act, was without question the most evil thing at the party.

No one argued.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 01:41:52 PM »
The usual rule about no political discussion is still in effect.  Jokes are fine if contained in this thread, or you can make a serious comment on any historical significance of the gift, but do not get into a political debate in this forum.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 02:18:41 PM »
found this on the gonintendo forums and really hope the politics dont get as bad here as they did there...

anyway, its pretty funny and anyone who doesnt mind making a joke at the presidents expense could appreciate it.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 02:33:01 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Originally posted by: VGrevolution There is no hidden message behind giving Bush brain age, it was a gift from NIntendo in order to gain publicity for its touch generation label, with Brain Age being one of the most popular both here and in Japan.

The word "naive" is not in the dictionary. Go look, I swear!

So witty, did you make that up yourself? I still not believe this has any significance, Bush was turning 60, and Nintendo did this as a way of freely advertising a popular game that is supposed to train your brain age (In a way I guess it was a joke but not like the smart alik way some here take it as meaning, it is more of an age joke).

To Saturn, I take it you have talked to Bush? I've heard from individuals who have talked to him on a personal level and say he is not stupid, he may not be the best speaker but that does not make you stupid. In response to your grossly exagerrated claim that my statement about going to Yale indicated your own intelligence, all I meant was to graduate from Yale shows intelligence, and that is it. Nothing about whether you can be smart and go to college (I know many people who did not go to college yet are intelligent). To graduate from Yale and Harvard you need more than money since most kids at Yale or Harvard have rich parents (Unless they got a great scholarship). Also I would like to see your source that it is unsure that Bush graduated from college, I believe he has a Bachelors in History from Yale and MBA in Business at Harvard.

In response to Bill Gates, I could have swore it was college he didn't graduate from, I think he had 3 years at Harvard, he only dropped out because he wished to pursue software development. And finally just because you don't agree with someone's descisions doesn't make them stupid, has Bush made mistakes? Every world leader has, but many of his descisions are based upon a different approach to solving problems. You are never going to have a successful debate with anyone if you call their descisions stupids instead of actually trying to understand where they are coming from.  

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 02:44:12 PM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure
found this on the gonintendo forums and really hope the politics dont get as bad here as they did there...

anyway, its pretty funny and anyone who doesnt mind making a joke at the presidents expense could appreciate it.

Lol that is pretty funny actually.

Offline Mario323

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 03:49:02 PM »
Let's see if he can figure out how to get the cartridge into the system.  If he holds it down and lets go, the spring-loaded slot will shoot the cartidge in his face.  Maybe he will declare that the Nintendo DS is a WMD and that Japan is using this device as a way to sneak the deadly thing into our homes.  Such a brilliant strategy!  

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 03:50:47 PM »
On an interesting note, did y'all know that Dubya tried fairly hard to prevent Nintendo/Yamachi from buying the Mariners because he was against a Japanese company owning an American Baseball team?

(which makes you look at that ports deal eariler this year completly different, but that's politics and not for this board!)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Saturn2888

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 04:07:14 PM »
You made good points. I feel like my argument is downed by just that. Yeah, on Gates, I was wrong. I was thinking someone else from back before 50s. I don't remember who. What I meant was that I was unaware of if he graduated, sorry about that. I did not talk to the man when he was probably at his best, so that may be why. I also remember another time speaking with him while he was under alcohol. That did not help my views any.

I agree though. This is GREAT marketing. If Bush likes this game, then oh wow will Nintendo maybe finally get public recognition as an actual competitor for once and man I really like how this could mean good things for videogames in general.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 07:39:48 PM »

Originally posted by: Saturn2888
You made good points. I feel like my argument is downed by just that. Yeah, on Gates, I was wrong. I was thinking someone else from back before 50s. I don't remember who. What I meant was that I was unaware of if he graduated, sorry about that. I did not talk to the man when he was probably at his best, so that may be why. I also remember another time speaking with him while he was under alcohol. That did not help my views any.

I agree though. This is GREAT marketing. If Bush likes this game, then oh wow will Nintendo maybe finally get public recognition as an actual competitor for once and man I really like how this could mean good things for videogames in general.

In case you are wondering I do not think you are stupid at all, you appear to be quite logical and respectful, I appreciate that. On the subject of the DS, I do think this is a great marketing tool, I don't recall this ever happening before. Do any of you guys know of another situation where a company donated a gaming system to a president?