Author Topic: Ken Kutaragi No Longer Matters  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Ken Kutaragi No Longer Matters
« on: June 25, 2006, 09:43:04 AM »
http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/21/technology/10dontmatter.biz2/index.htm

Anyone see this? Apparently Kenny boy no longer matters.  
is your sanity...

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: Ken Kutaragi No Longer Matters
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 10:08:18 AM »
Eh. By "people who don't matter anymore", it seems they mean "people who we don't care about anymore."

I thought it was going to be a list of people who are thought to be more powerful than they really are, or something.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Famicom

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 12:30:06 PM »
Did he ever really "matter"? I'm not the most aware person when it comes to who runs businesses, especially in Sony's case, but I never heard of him until I read all of his crazy statements during the hype period of PS2, PSP and now PS3. And I don't think any Playstation fanboys would praise the ground he walks on like some Nintendo fans would Iwata, or even Yamauchi back in the days.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 10:13:58 AM »

Did he ever really "matter"?

Actually, yes. He made good on his promise on 'burying Nintendo' after Nintendo sold them out, who garnered a deal with Philips in that whole Cd-i debacle during early-mid 90's.  But that story's been told and re-told, check the intertron for more details....

I wouldn't put too much stock in that piece. It rags on him specifically because of Blu-Ray, which isn't even out. The author is pretty keen that video-on-demand is the next big thing, not once, but twice:

...Hastings has created an amazing system for shuffling around 120mm plastic discs, but online rivals such as iTunes and MovieLink seem to have the momentum as we head into the future.

That was about Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix.

There's little evidence that consumers are eager to upgrade their existing DVD collections, and by the time the latest format war is settled, most of us will simply download movies in our living rooms instead of hoarding them on little plastic discs.

That was about Warren Lieberfarb, who backs HD-DVD. How's the author so sure about the next format war's failure, and certain about digital distribution's sucess? [/off topic]

While one can question whether Kutaragi is legally sane, he's still one of the key players in the console wars.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 11:06:26 AM »
Then we can rely on Kenny K. to pull a Hitler-class fumble by assuming the Allied Forces will be landing on Calais.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 11:16:25 AM »

Originally posted by: Djunknown
I wouldn't put too much stock in that piece. It rags on him specifically because of Blu-Ray, which isn't even out.

Blu-Ray hit stores on June 15th. It's the actual media, which has seen delays. So the BD players are available now, but the actual discs won't be available until next week, at the earliest. Also, I believe Sony's first BD Player has been delayed until sometime in September.

PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 01:16:51 AM »
Ken thinks he is the ruler of North Korea sometimes.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 12:02:22 PM »

Originally posted by: Rhoq

I wouldn't put too much stock in that piece. It rags on him specifically because of Blu-Ray, which isn't even out.

Blu-Ray hit stores on June 15th. It's the actual media, which has seen delays. So the BD players are available now, but the actual discs won't be available until next week, at the earliest. Also, I believe Sony's first BD Player has been delayed until sometime in September.

Hold up, Blu-Ray Players are available... but not from SONY?  Who else?!
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 12:38:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Deguello

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F99FDE/103-6771142-4494203

Offline Grant10k

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 06:22:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Artimus

Originally posted by: Deguello

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F99FDE/103-6771142-4494203

I thought this was intresting from that site

What do customers ultimately buy after viewing items like this?

62% buy
Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD Upconverting DVD Player
Click to see price Less than $700-ish

18% buy the item featured on this page:
Samsung BD-P1000 Blu-Ray Disc Player
$999.99
 Without data, you're just another schmuck with an opinion.
     -Chris Anderson, TEC speaker

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 12:40:10 AM »
People could argue that people are waiting to blu-ray
Then again most people who buy these, are proberly the rich familys with plasma's in every room... not hardcore gamers

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 05:06:15 AM »
Blu-Ray has history against it already.  They failed with Betaman, they failed with MiniDisc, and they are failing with UMD, so it's far to say that Sony has an uphill battle with Blu-Ray.

The best quality doesn't always win, if that were the case then Betamax would have become the standard and VHS would have gone the way the Betamax ultimately did.

And as far as I am concered, Ken never mattered, he just another ass who runs his mouth for the sole purpose that is to garner attention on to himself.

He's the Paris Hilton of the Corporate Head set.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?