Author Topic: EA Announces Need for Speed Carbon  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
EA Announces Need for Speed Carbon
« on: June 22, 2006, 03:53:44 PM »
It's coming to Wii, DS, GBA, and even GameCube.  Now features...canyon racing?

EA ANNOUNCES NEED FOR SPEED™ CARBON    

Best-Selling Racing Title to Hit the Streets this Fall

Redwood City, Calif. – June 22, 2006 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that Need for Speed™ Carbon is in development and will hit the streets this November.  Developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, British Columbia, Need for Speed Carbon delivers the next generation of adrenaline-filled street racing and will challenge players to face the ultimate test of driving skill on treacherous canyon roads.    

â€śWe pride ourselves on our ability to reinvent the franchise and continually uncover new and exciting trends in car culture.  Canyon Racing is a real test of a driver’s skill and we think it provides a fantastic game play opportunity to lean into," said Larry LaPierre, the game's executive producer.      

What starts in the city is settled in the canyons as Need for Speed Carbon immerses you into the world’s most dangerous and adrenaline-filled form of street racing. You and your crew must race in an all-out war for the city, risking everything to take over your rivals’ neighborhoods one block at a time. As the police turn up the heat, the battle ultimately shifts to Carbon Canyon, where territories and reputations can be lost on every perilous curve. Need for Speed Carbon delivers the next generation of customization giving you the power to design and tweak your crew’s cars in every way using the ground-breaking new Autosculpt™ technology.   Represent your car class, your crew, and your turf in Need for Speed Carbon, the next revolution in racing games.    

Need for Speed Carbon will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance, PSP™ (PlayStation Portable) handheld entertainment system, PC and mobile.  More information can be found at www.needforspeed.com.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: EA Announces Need for Speed Carbon
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 04:02:55 PM »
The GameCube version will still manage to be the worst of the bunch.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 04:53:18 PM »
Sony already has canyon racing down.

honk honk
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »
i really liked most wanted.  the only thing keeping me from outright buying it is that it freezes so much on me =\.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline trip1eX

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 07:57:13 PM »
Another year another Need for Speed milker.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 09:16:26 PM »
More like Carbon COPY am i rite?

Offline Wesisapie

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:EA Announces Need for Speed Carbon
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 07:04:45 PM »
yes you are.
Fin.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 04:39:29 AM »

Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii™

Just...Wii.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 05:23:08 AM »
The full name is "Wii™ don't care about fancy words"