Author Topic: ps3/xbox to get crush by GC2?  (Read 18099 times)

Offline )Dark-LInk(

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
ps3/xbox to get crush by GC2?
« on: March 01, 2003, 02:16:25 PM »
Right now the way im seeing ps3/xbox2 development IM DOUBTING SUCCESS, because now theres many places where sony/MS says their including INTERNET surf,cd burn,game dl from net.(which game companies dont like) and alot of of other stuff in their next console(ps3/xbox2)

WITH al their promising it looks like the ps3/xbox2 cant FAIL.BUT.... they ARE FORGETTING about game companies  which for me seem 1 huge MISTAKE that wil cost them  badly, making al the 3RD PARTY COMPANIES to go with NINTENDO( =) )
here are several reasons why the ps3/xbox2 wil fail if sony/ms forget about game companies/games(maybe)

-FIRST is THAT THERES no point on adding al this GOODIES in the ps3/xbox2 why? CAUSE ONE WORD "COMPUTERS" that machine wil always have the cd burning,game dl, and al the crap the PS3/xbox2 can ever offer!

- dozens or even hundreds of 3rd party companies wil RUN to develop games for the GC2 why?because gc2 wil basically offer the equipment AND MARKTE for what they WANT to do "GAME MAKING"

-ps3/xbo2 cant survive with just their SMALL game DOWNLOADS,cuz EVEN WITH BROADBAND ul be there OVER 5 HOURS waiting for a game to finish dl which isn't even garateed to work/be good.(and thats if their only 500 mb)

-gc2 wil prolly support equipment made for GAMING ONLY which wil crush ps3 in game hardware

IF im right and sony/MS is forgeting about game companies/games and focusing more on the other GOODIES for the ps3/xbox2 then theyl be crush,WHAT does this mean? it meanswe wil witeness the fall of the PLAY STATION/XBOX label........and THE RETURN OF THE KING=NINTENDO, AND possibly sonys exit of console(MS dont think so they HAVE enough   cash to keep TRYING competing with their LOSING console)
so what do ya think? AM i nuts or do i got a point?

Offline willys85

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 02:27:59 PM »
Another things are the costs, Nintendo GC2(sounds like the copy of PS2, i rather a new name) will be just for gaming so the cost of purchase could it be between 150-200 bucks (like the cube) but a pc for gaming (Xbox 2/PS3) will cost like 500 bucks, the dvd burners aren't cheap, the materials that they will need for their consoles are expensive too, so who wants to buy a console for 500? i prefer buy me a new PC than a console for that price
So Your God fell in Love with the War, Well He is Only Your God

Offline MikeHrusecky

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 02:38:18 PM »
Would be interested to hear where you picked up most of that information... because it sounds like someone with an overactive imagination.  Then again, no I wouldn't.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 03:37:21 PM »

Would be interested to hear where you picked up most of that information... because it sounds like someone with an overactive imagination.

It has to be based on Sony's and Microsoft's claims of being a "Whole Entertainment" system.

Although, I doubt Nintendo's next console will be called "GameCube 2".
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Stex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 05:57:29 PM »
Somehow I doubt that.  Just because MS and Sony are adding other stuff to their consoles doesn't mean that they won't be competent game machines.  Adding other entertainment features doesn't mean that they are forgetting about games, and as such game companies won't abandon them.  I don't see how "there is no point", considering an all purpose machine is much more appealing than a single purpose machine.

And the cost of stuff like DVD burners and hard drives is going to be significantly (hundreds) less than what it is now.  I wouldn't expect PS3/Xbox2 to be much more than PS2/Xbox was at their releases.

And anyways, somehow I don't think it's going to have all of that stuff.  Maybe something like a TIVO feature, but not too much more than that.

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 04:02:32 AM »
NO, because Nintendo is considered "UNCOOL" and until they change that image they will always lose the console wars.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 05:31:50 AM »
Hmm, maybe it'll be called Gamecube Color?  

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2003, 01:26:29 PM »
Well, what do you think the "Gamecube 2" should be like? What outstanding features should it have?

Nintendo could call their next system anything they wanted and it would sell. It could be called the Supercube 500, or even something lame like the Nintendo Friendship.

But what do you think would be a serious, good-sounding name for the system?
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline )Dark-LInk(

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2003, 02:12:06 PM »
i think the NEXUS name rumour is a good name for the "gc2"but other wil be like

Nintendo GAMECUBE ADVANCE  

Nintendo 96(lame but it sounds kool)

Nintendo GameStation

im thinking of more but out of al these the NEXUS wil fit the most....

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 02:15:21 PM »
Go through a dictionairy and find cool words. Beyond that none of you has any idea.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 04:21:41 PM »
there is only a few things nintendo needs to do to make the next console a huge success.....number one if it is at all possible, they should make everything backwards compatible. this way u can throw away or sell or do what ever with the gamecube, but keep everything else like memory cards and controllers and games. maybe even the broadband adapter, gba player, or any other accecories that come out by then. this way they can launch a console that already has all the accesories out......i think the most important thing is to launch the console with realistic zelda.......u can launch many games to help the console sell well, but the one thing they could do to relaly get the console selling is launch it with that title. to be honest if i were nintendo i would start now on the realistic zelda, online pokemon, smash bros online, mario kart online, and maybe a mario game. obviously its a lot harder said then done, but if the next nintendo console launched with those games it would be a sucess no matter what happened.....even if m$ and sony teamed up they couldnt stop that. pokemon and smash bros would really apeal to japan, and realistic zelda and mario kart would own the west. however i dont think nintendo will do this, just cuz they dont seem to do stuff like that.....
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2003, 05:43:07 PM »
I'm amazed at how the majority of our conversations turn into what Nintendo needs to do to be successful.  They already are successful.
I hate speculatory enthusiam but I'll reply anyway.  I think Sony's next console will have a stronghold over the market just as the PS2 does now.  There is no way Sony or Microsoft will go beyond 300 dollars for their next consoles, no matter what crap they put on them.  They know that would be out of the "average" gamer's price range and I'm sure they don't want to alienate their consumers.   And Nintendo's next system will not be named Gamecube 2.  I am willing to stake my life on it.
Done.
it was time for a change.

Offline dumdum

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2003, 06:42:18 PM »
So you're saying that Nintendo will crush PS3/Xbox 2 cuz it will have LESS or everything???

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2003, 12:18:20 AM »
By having less of everything, development time is shorter, they can invest that same money into better gaming hardware (Higher specs, better dev hardware etc) than spending the RnD money developing  the extras which would also push the price up. For each features you put into a console, more it cost, less people can/want to go buy it. Therefore the company would have to take a loss on each console like this generation. how much loss is taken depends on the company. If you follow this generation, Nintendo is more than happy to take a small loss, while Sony takes a substaul loss. Then there is Microsoft who are will to almost give away thier consoles. If you take note of the number of features or lack thereof, the price of the console increases. Selling a console at a loss is dangerious though because you might not make the money back in the hardwares life cycle. In Microsofts case it does not matter. For Sony, it is some what riskly as their fall back income is much less than that of Microsoft, while gaming is nintendo's life blood. So nintendo would have to do away with the extra features anyway.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2003, 07:55:52 AM »
I had heard in i think egm are somewhere that PS3 is going through ALOT of developing problems and will be delayed possibly a year.  Anyway that is just what i heard.  All considering, with nintendo getting "back in bed" with Squaresoft-Enix, Konami, and now sega, I think the line up for a Nintendo "BestSystemEver" (tentative title) will be drop dead gorgeous.  I really can't wait.  They are claiming to be out a year before competitors with better specs, due to all the extras that are going on MS's and sony's machines, there won't be sufficient room, they would have to be big machines.

Nintendo's next system should be the the Nintendo LoveMachine.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2003, 12:31:54 PM »
 I can see the internet pictures already... bad idea on Lovemachine...

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2003, 12:33:51 PM »
haha... i know.  But i do think that the rumored nexus is the best name i have heard in a while.  And it fits the Nintendo name perfectly.

Just think of the ads.

Enter the Nexus.  Fill the void.        Nintendo Nexus
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline )Dark-LInk(

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2003, 01:14:10 PM »
yep I LOVE THE NEXUS NAME IT FITS WITH THE 2 N'S HEHEHEHE...

now back to topic  

marcus your right that they shouldnt go over 300$ for their concole or their scrwed BUT SONY was bleeding with the pS2 with the EXTRA dvd player(and prolly stil is) and if they add so many new things and price it at 300$ they wont get CASH back and theyll get scrwed  with no gains.(and might cause sony to exit the game industry) which sony UNLIKE microsoft cant afford...................

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2003, 01:28:17 PM »
Some of you guys mentioned that the PS3/Xbox2 might have a DVD burner.  Are you guys nuts?  What sort of company would include a means to pirate games with their console?  If the PS3 came with a DVD burner it would probably take to a simple mod to make the machine not only play pirated games but actually make them as well!

I've mentioned it many times: the only way Sony will lose their number one spot is if they commit a massive f*ck up on N64 cartridge like proportions that forces third parties to leave.  A DVD burner sure as hell would do that but I really doubt they would include such a feature.  I agree with the logic that Sony and Microsoft's obsessions with making set-top boxes will eventually bite them in the ass but I don't think it will be so soon.  Microsoft isn't even in a position to pull any sh!t yet anyway.  They're still in a distant second and are going to remain gamer and developer friendly for a while.

Odds are that if Sony f*cks up Xbox and Gamecube will be more like equals anyway with Nintendo being stronger in Japan and MS stronger in North America.  It certainly wouldn't be instant "the king is back" or anything.  Probably would be very Genesis/SNES like.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2003, 04:22:37 PM »
I may be wrong, but SNES seemed to beat Genesis into the ground.  I didn't own either, but SNES was certainly the one to go down in time, and eventually that's all that matters.

But as for the new systems. . . I'd be happy if more people bought Nexus or whatever and were cleansed of the "kiddie system" illusion that pisses me off so much.  Anyone that calls GC kiddie should be tortured, burned+crucified, starved, and shot.  And they deserve a good slapping.  There are ample Teen/Mature games (more than you can afford, if nothing else, and better ones), and those that aren't teen or higher still appeal to all audiences, like Zelda and Mario.  That belief just annoys the poo out of me, and should be officially discredited.

But I hope Nexus/whatever it'll be does well.  I know I'll get one.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Stex

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2003, 05:47:42 PM »
What do you mean Sony can't afford it?  Granted they're not as rich as MS, but they probably the most profitable home entertainment company.  Plus they make so much money off of game liscensing that it will evantually lead to profit even if they begin by taking losses.  Unless I'm wrong, PS2 broke even a few months ago, and unless software sales stop, profits can only get better for Sony.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2003, 07:15:57 PM »
Yes Sony has been making a profit on the PS2 line. But I don't think they are making money on the units themselves with the price cuts they made and are about to make.

But as PGC reported a few day ago, there was that report that stated that Nintendo has made a lot more profit then Sony even though they had more revenue (money moved). I don't think Nintendo is very interested, at least as goal to reach at all costs, in retaking the number one in user base slot. They are interested in making games and money. As long as they are doing that all other things are irrelevant.

As for MS/Sony, Sony maybe one of the most profitable entertainment companyies. But Microsoft is one of the top five most profitable business ventures in the world if the the first. If Microsoft sees it viable to put support behind there next console and see it first in user base they can and will put its weight behind it Sony will not be able to match Microsoft dollar for dollar. But this next generation will be close and costly for the two companies, Nintendo will do what they have been doing in this generation to promote the Gamecube. And will more than likely come out ahead in profits again. And if the next consoles have backward compatiblity they will not see the problems they seen with N64 when they announced the Gamecube. And has a good chance to keep up a good clip with the other two.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline boggy b

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2003, 11:14:10 AM »

I had heard in i think egm are somewhere that PS3 is going through ALOT of developing problems and will be delayed possibly a year. Anyway that is just what i heard. All considering, with nintendo getting "back in bed" with Squaresoft-Enix, Konami, and now sega, I think the line up for a Nintendo "BestSystemEver" (tentative title) will be drop dead gorgeous. I really can't wait. They are claiming to be out a year before competitors with better specs, due to all the extras that are going on MS's and sony's machines, there won't be sufficient room, they would have to be big machines.

???

1) Early Square-Enix announcements suggest that they're going with Sony BIGTIME.

2) Konami are going to Nintendo? You assume this straight from a MGS announcement?

3) Sega are going with XBox, I believe. And the best Nintendo have got from them anyways is Super Monkey Ball. If that's what you're basing your 'getting in bed with' idea, then Sony are cheating on Nintendo with Sega. I'd take Virtua Fighter 4 over SMB any day.
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Offline Demonhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2003, 04:22:40 PM »
My brother told me some WEIRD story about how Sony was hyping the ps3 to be a giant beowulf cluster, and while you're not playing it helps other people process their game. And it has 4 processors and can burn CDs. I dont know where he got this but that is the most retarded idea i've heard in a long time. Quad processors *pfft*

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2003, 12:19:29 AM »
Saturn had two preocessors and look where it ended up.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence