Author Topic: Which Wii Games Has Nintendo Already Sold You On?  (Read 18208 times)

Offline obscureownership

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Which Wii Games Has Nintendo Already Sold You On?
« on: May 11, 2006, 07:28:16 AM »
I know this is a fanboyish thread, but hey, Nintendo hasn't had this much good press for quite awhile. I decided, just to add fuel to the fire of the hype machine, ask all of you which games has Nintendo/3rd parties already sold you on for the Wii (if any)?

My List:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - We have been waiting for this game forever.
Super Mario Galaxy - Seems to be a true sucessor to Mario 64. That's enough to be amazing.
Metriod Prime 3: Corruption - Judging by seeing people play it at e3, this game looks INTENSE.
Red Steel - Sword fighting looks superb.
Wii Sports - Seems to be a extremely fun party game I can play with my parents.
"we all no the revolutions gonna be worse than 360 and ps3 but hey its cheaper and i dont even think im gonna get any of them because i dont waste 400 bucks on sum crap that destroys your brain and cuts away from you guitar playing time!!!!!!!!!"

-A Review of the Wii by Cheese from Amazon dot

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
RE:Which Wii Games Has Nintendo Already Sold You On?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 07:31:24 AM »
I'll list them in the order they got me.

Red Steel - those scans had me
Legend of Zelda - I've been looking foward to this game since E3 2004, but the "redubbing" as a Wii game was good
Mario Galaxy - Mario, need I say more?
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - I think I crapped my pants when this annoucnement was made.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline silverwings07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 07:37:38 AM »
Fire Emblem, Zelda, Smash, Mario, Metroid, Red Steel, tennis (in order of excitement)

Offline attackslug

• View Profile
RE: Which Wii Games Has Nintendo Already Sold You On?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 07:40:58 AM »
Smash Bros is a definate sell for me.  There was definately poop and/or pee in my trousers when I saw the new trailer. Unfortuantely, I'm out of college and can no longer mosey over to the neighboring stoners' rooms and pick up a match anytime I want to.  Hopefully it will be Wifi enabled...
MP3 looks great, Mario looks like a sure sell, Excite Truck looks cool, and Tony Hawk is actually looking pretty fun. I actually have interest in a Sonic game for once, and MonkeyBall looks as fun as ever.  Hopefully they can iron out the kinks in Red Steel and get it at a steady framerate and visual quality more on par with the trailer and scans, because as it is it sounds like it plays and looks somewhat rough.

And Wario Ware looks like it's usual awesomely schizophrenic self. Frankly, I can't wait for this system to come out.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 07:41:47 AM »
Excitetruck - Looks like pure fun, stunning graphics in motion too.
Red Steel - It's unbelievable the amount of effort Ubisoft are putting into this, looks great. I have real faith they will deliver a fantastic product.
Super Monkey Ball Wii - Straight up Monkey Ball lovin', just what I wanted.
Wario Ware Wii - It's a new Wario Ware taking advantage of new controls, enough said.

Lots more i'll probably buy, heck i'll buy the entire launch lineup if I can, but those 4 are the only definates. Interesting how they are all by non-Nintendo devs...

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 07:47:11 AM »
I will own the following on launch day:

Madden
Zelda
Metroid
Red Steel
FF:CC
Dragon Quest
A boatload of VC downloads

Which means it'll be the most games I ever purchased on launch day.  I usually buy two games, a second controller, memory card and the console.  Looks like I'll be spending significantly more this year, especially if I want a 100 gig HD for all my downloads.

Looks like a $700 day...yikes!
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 07:47:40 AM »
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Fire Emblem 10

That's what I'm sold on.

Red Steel
Disaster
Wii Sports

Those are my secondary interests.  Not including the vast number of awesome DS games, of course.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline eljefe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 07:48:47 AM »
people on here will probably laugh

but by personal taste and budget I can make some good assumptions without even playing them:

.: MUST BUY :.
Super Mario Galaxy
Madden 2007
SSBBrawl
WiiSports

.: TRY FIRST / MORE INFO :.
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Bob Ross: Joy of Painting
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Spiderman 3
Elebits

.: PRICE DROP / INITIAL LOW PRICE :.
Warioware: Smooth Moves
Supermonkeyball: Banana Blitz
THDJ
ExciteTruck

Yeah, that seems about right..It all depends on the pricing tho. I want to know how much extra Wii remotes and nunchaku cost. I always buy 4 controllers (and at least one multiplayer game) before anything else.

(I know, I know...Z:TP , MP:C, and Red Steel purposefully absent.)

..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 08:16:31 AM »
I'm definitely getting all the big AAA NIntendo franchises.  Zelda, Mario, Samus and SSB for sure.  Only two of those are available at launch tho.  The other NIntendo properties depend on price.  Excite Truck I want to get, but if it's $50 and doesn't have many courses then I'm not sure.  I'll wait for a price drop.  Same with WiiSports.  It depends on price vs what's included on whether I pick it up right away.

Also plan on getting Red Steel and Madden.  If you want 3rd party titles you better support 'em too.  I'm sure there's other titles I might pick up down the road too.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 08:24:16 AM »
I may price drop some games, too.  Wii Sports, Trauma Center, Warioware, and Super Monkey Ball seem likely candidates for that.  I love the last two, have interest in the first two, but not enough for full price.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 08:26:30 AM »
I'm interested in basically everything.  Madden and Wii Sports probably won't make it into my collection since I have to save money somewhere, also the Elebits preview on PGC has me second-guessing that one, and it seems too early to say that Spongebob will be worth buying.

If Wii sports is less than the price of an ordinary game, it will make my list too.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 08:30:37 AM »
All of Nintendo's first party stuff grabs my interest enough that I want to at least try it.  That's pretty incredible.  The last time that happened was E3 1996 when all the cool N64 games were shown.

The titles I'm really interested in though are SSB, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, WiiSports, and Excitetrucks.  I am interested in Zelda but not really in the Wii version of it.  The controls sound a little forced and awkward and I'm more interested in playing it on the Cube.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 08:40:20 AM »
Bust-A-Move Revolution
Call of Duty 3
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Hudson Flight Game
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Orb
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
Resident Evil
Sadness
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz   
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Wii Sports

To Create this list I jsut got the PGC list of Wii games and deleted the ones that I'm not sold on yet.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 08:42:29 AM »
Mario Galaxy most likely, maybe it'll be good. Though I don't put much hope into a 3d Mario game.
SSBB may be interesting but it's not very high priority to me since I don't enjoy Smash Bros that much.
Prime 3 sounds interesting but I didn't play MP2 very far so I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it much.
I'll be keeping an eye on HAMMER, while I wouldn't say its chances are great it might turn out good.

Damnit, now I have to see through the other posts because I can't remember any other interesting games. Hm, nothing. Maybe FFCC if that manages to be a HUGE deal better than the GC game.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 08:49:30 AM »
Until I know more, it's hard to say for sure. Zelda certainly, but I'm also not totally averse to buying the GC version of Zelda and being content with my DS for the rest of the year. I'm very interested, at least in theory, in a lot of Wii games. Without a lot more info though, Nintendo still hasn't sold me on pre-ordering for launch.

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 08:54:41 AM »
Fire Emblem
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Red Steel
Sonic Wildfire
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I have interest in some other games but I would like to here more info on those games first. I had no interest in Sonic Wildfire initially but all of the impressions of the game have been extremely positive. I am curious to learn more about Disaster since its being developed by Monolith. I also want to hear more about Dragon's Quest and FF: CB. I didn't care for Crystal Chronicles at all, I hope the sequel has more traditional Final Fantasy elements. Super Mario Galaxy is on my radar but it isn't an automatic on my sold list because Sushine just didn't do it for me on Cube. That said, I am happy to see Nintendo make an effort to appeal to "mature" gamers with games like Disaster and Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 08:56:43 AM »
Mario Galaxy - It makes me feel like I have to learn how to play video games all over again and I think that's cool.

TP - Because it's Zelda.  I have heard mixed impressions from the staff, but I haven't been able to play it yet.

Wario Ware - Incredibly entertaining.  In one game all you do is push a girl... =P

Monkey Ball - The Wii Remote actually made it more difficult imo, and that's a good thing.

Brawl - KEEPING CLASSIC CONTROLS!!!

Phantom Hourglass - Main game feels very good and I think I can get used to the controls.  Multiplayer is a blast.

Mario Hoops - VERY WELL DONE!  I bet this game will be a ton of fun.  Square making a sports game isn't so weird after all.

Elite Beat Agents - I hadn't played Ouenden (sp?) but the staff sold me on it.  The game is a blast.

Pokemon  Mysterious Dugeon - The way it chooses your character alone is enough to warrant a purchase IMO.

The VC Controller - An awesome piece of hardware.  Makes me feel silly for shelling out for a Hori GCN pad last month.

Prime - I haven't played it yet, but I've watched a ton.  The fact that you control both of her hands is just too freaking awesome.

That's all I can think of for now.  E3 is definately sensory overload.  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 08:57:31 AM »
I won't list anything but I will be spending, at launch, aproximately $1500 CAD if there is that many games/controllers/accessories to get.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 08:58:49 AM »
For 3rd party: Sonic Wild Fire, Red Steel, Bomberman, One Piece, Super Monkey Ball...More when I actually see them in action...

For 1st party: EVERYTHING! T_T
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 09:18:03 AM »
If the controls are the only difference I'll get the Zelda GC version because the Wii controls don't look very good for this kind of game.

Bill: You're easy to excite, aren't you?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 09:20:30 AM »
Zelda: TPwii
Metroid Prime 3
Smash Bros Brawl
Mario
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 09:29:04 AM »
I was gunna say Fire Emblem but I'm worried the game might feature children or people with blue hair.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Fro

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 09:41:01 AM »
Launch Games:
Zelda: TPWii
Metroid Prime 3
Red Steel

I'll definitely get Mario Galaxy and SSB:B when they hit too.

I need to hear more on Sonic and Madden although those two sound really promising.

Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest seem promising too, although I want to read gameplay impressions

Excite Truck, Tony Hawk, and Project H.A.M.M.E.R. sound like rentals right now, although that could change.  I want to see how much depth they have in their final release.

Wii Sports and Wario Ware sound like a blast, but I'm probably not going to pay $50 for them with so many other games coming out I want.  

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 10:05:35 AM »
Are Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy really going to be available at the North American launch?  I did hear launch, but I assumed that meant Japan.

Nintendo needs to save a few games for the new year.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 10:14:08 AM »
would they say launch at an american game expo and then later come back with "we meant Japan"?

Seems possible DQ might slip. Square generally doesn't like to release multiple games in the same week.