Author Topic: FIRST REV SCREENSHOT SCANS!!!!!  (Read 128031 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Red Steel Topic, new details added!
« Reply #425 on: July 06, 2006, 10:59:02 AM »
"FiringSquad: Will there be any multiplayer options for Red Steel?

Marie-Sol Beaudry: Yes, we plan to have MP mode up to 4 player in split screen."

RED FLOP CONFIRMED

NO ONLINE OFFERINGS AT LAUNCH.

Wii IS TOO WEAK TO HANDLE INTERNETS
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 06, 2006, 11:49:59 AM »
You're just upset about of the lack of Daisy on the Wii

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 06, 2006, 11:55:02 AM »
I don't think Online was realistic anyways.

They started production not very long ago and they are dealing with a completely new method of control. I think once developers start to settle down, we'll see WiFi games and the like (most likely next christmas). It's all very similar to the DS.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Red Steel Topic, new details added!
« Reply #428 on: July 06, 2006, 01:36:14 PM »
Red Steel Interview! New info on Nintendo's relationship! Talk talk talk read read read BUY!

UbiSoft generated a lot of buzz this past spring when they revealed their plans for Red Steel, a first person action game that would be exclusive for Nintendo's Wii console. FiringSquad got a chance to chat with the game's producer Marie-Sol Beaudry to find out more about their plans for Red Steel and how it uses the unusual Wii remote controller.

Click here for all the juicy bits and pieces!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 06, 2006, 07:46:25 PM »
Interesting interview, it seems like that really care about the game, hopefully that translates into a polished and fun product.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 07, 2006, 12:36:06 PM »
Yeah, above all, I noticed that they seemed to be VERY interested in making this game all that it can be.

RS is definitely on my must-have list for launch titles and I frankly hope Ubi advertises the bejeezus out of it. The Wii is Nintendo's best chance ever to break free of the "only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo consoles" stigma which largely haunted them with the GC.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 07, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »

They made a first list of interactions: cut, shoot, slash, smash, dick, use it as a rackets, lasso, spoon, flashlight… They wanted to focus on the moves that are possible to do in reality.

Wait, what?  Wii's got a secret weapon in the fight against real time weapon change!

I think they are very serious about this game, which is great, but I think most of the time developers are serious about the games they're making.  Except maybe when they're cheapo liscenced titles.   My point is, without the manpower and talent, it doesn't matter.  Luckily I think Ubisoft has the manpower, and some of it's employees have the talent, so I still have high hopes for Red Steel.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 07, 2006, 01:23:01 PM »
Still, it's a launch game, and it's only going to be about 13 hours long. I'd be quite happy if it turns out better to be a better game experience than...ugh... Perfect Dark Zero.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 07, 2006, 01:37:58 PM »
I no longer consider game length to be that important.  Nintendo made too many games that could have been way more fun if they weren't watered-down to make them longer this generation.  If the game is properly fun, then it will be worth playing over and over anyway.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 07, 2006, 07:21:03 PM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
I no longer consider game length to be that important.  Nintendo made too many games that could have been way more fun if they weren't watered-down to make them longer this generation.  If the game is properly fun, then it will be worth playing over and over anyway.

I know what you mean, even though I do prefer Wind Waker over OOT (yes you can shoot me for that opinion) it was a perfect example of watering down (no pun intended) to make it longer during the triforce scavenger hunt.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 10, 2006, 05:46:21 PM »
NEW PICS

they look rather gorgeous to me.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 10, 2006, 05:55:40 PM »
I don't think I've said this before, but I'm really enamored with how lighting looks in Red Steel. Everything seems uber bright and suffesed and intense, just like my own pop-culture image of Tokyo nightlife.

This is what I call style, not "oh look we have characters making shadows on themselves" but things that are less technical but much more sublime.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #437 on: July 10, 2006, 06:49:41 PM »
To me they look like artwork. Either there is a filter being applied to create a 'grainy' look, the screen capture didn't work right, or they are just concept art. The screen with the two swords has a close up of the zipper on the sleeve, and it looks all geometric, but looking at the rest of the environment just gives a sense of colored pencil.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 10, 2006, 07:00:25 PM »

Originally posted by: bustin98
To me they look like artwork ... the rest of the environment just gives a sense of colored pencil.

That's.....so awesome.... *drool*

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 10, 2006, 07:38:56 PM »
It's Ubisoft, the pics are most likely not even real. It'll still look good though.

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #440 on: July 10, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »
Let me weigh in having played the demo at E3 - the polygon counts from these screens are nearly identical to what I saw while playing the game. However, this "film-grain" look was very much absent from the playable demo, leading me to believe that they didn't just add a filter to the game, but that these screens are heavily modified post-capture. I wouldn't expect the game to look like that at all. Something you can't see from the screens that we did see in the demo was stiff character animation and completely static lighting (looks alright, but doesn't move or change).

Not to be pessimistic or anything, but after getting excited about the first Red Steel screens and then playing its ugly stepsister at E3, I'm not going to get hyped up for this game until I play the final product.  
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 10, 2006, 10:41:22 PM »

Originally posted by: Svevan
Let me weigh in having played the demo at E3 - the polygon counts from these screens are nearly identical to what I saw while playing the game. However, this "film-grain" look was very much absent from the playable demo, leading me to believe that they didn't just add a filter to the game, but that these are heavily modified post-capture. I wouldn't expect the game to look like that at all. Something you can't see from the screens that we did see in the demo was stiff character animation and completely static lighting (looks alright, but doesn't move or change).

Not to be pessimistic or anything, but after getting excited about the first Red Steel screens and then playing its ugly stepsister at E3, I'm not going to get hyped up for this game until I play the final product.

Or - and I'm having a rare optimistic moment here - the game has improved since E3. After all, they'd just newly ported the code to Wii from GC two weeks before E3. IGN and elsewhere have reported that work on the game continues, after all, there is an 80-odd person team working on it.

In regards to the lighting though, I meant that I appreciated how the game had this sort of garish neon nightlife look that you'd expect from Tokyo, with lighting (static or dynamic) not just brightm, but instead saturated. That sort of unnatural feel that I'd expect from a pop-culture Tokyo, that sort of je-ne-sais-quo that is an example of art, not tech, and how it can subtly build my immersion.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 11, 2006, 08:37:53 AM »
I've found that still screenshots are and always have been a horrible representation of how the game looks in motion.

That aside, I'm sure that both graphical and control improvements have been made to this game since E3.

Also, I'm far more concerned about gameplay mechanics than I am about graphics. I'm far more concerned about accurately crossing swords with Yakuza bosses than I am with how well lit he looks while doing it.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 11, 2006, 08:54:21 AM »
I spent some time llooking around the internet and watching the various off screen videos of people playing at E3 (youtube has several) Everyone's movement seemed very smooth and natural with the shooting parts, but the sword fighting looked stiff and appeared to have a slight delay.

It's hard to tell the quality of the graphics from those videos, but the gameplay seemed solid.

Offline Aussiedude

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 17, 2006, 10:00:36 PM »
What could this mean????

...On Red Steel's multiplayer mode
In Red Steel, you'll have up to four players [in the multiplayer mode]. If they play together in split screens we can only say that the fight will not be only on screen (grins).

Source
Will Wii Win?  

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 18, 2006, 12:42:33 PM »
I thought that was a given, considering that you can always punch the guy who's in the lead.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #446 on: July 18, 2006, 05:47:31 PM »
Hey, then he drops his Remote, essentially dropping his sword, and you may proceed to dismember his Wii (virtually, tho real-life would be difficult with the Remote).

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 19, 2006, 10:06:19 AM »
Seriously, it might become a game where players pantomime sword fighting and the Wiimote speaker makes noise to indicate when swords are clashing or when you've stabbed the other guy.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #448 on: July 19, 2006, 11:12:06 AM »
Is the Remote capable of rendering poorly lip-synced kung-fu dialogue?

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 19, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »
Just don't push the "sync" button.