Author Topic: Magazine Scans with Loads of Info: Rev, TP, MP:H, etc.  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Magazine Scans with Loads of Info: Rev, TP, MP:H, etc.
« on: February 18, 2006, 08:13:10 AM »
-You can't direct link to them here for the same reason the gonintendo.com guy had to take them down... sorry.-

Some pretty interesting stuff, including a bunch of pictures I'd never seen of TP, some interviews with Capcom about RE DS and a lot more.  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Magazine Scans with Loads of Info: Rev, TP, MP:H, etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 09:39:28 AM »
Ah yes, thank you, those must be the scans taken down from here earlier.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
RE: Magazine Scans with Loads of Info: Rev, TP, MP:H, etc.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 10:41:26 AM »
Correct.

I wasn't sure if these had been posted before but they were too interesting not to be.

For one thing, the magazine seems to assume that using the Rev to control Link's sword is a shoe in for TP.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 10:49:15 AM »
"Titles such as Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4, Killer7, and PN03 have taken a gamble and pushed forward the boundaries of gaming"?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Whoever writes that magazine is a total idiot. VJ, RE4, and PN03 didn't do jack to "push the boundaries of gaming." Not to mention their little article about Zelda possibly coming to the Revolution, when that rumor got killed by Nintendo already.

Other than that, there was nothing exciting about those scans at all.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 10:53:34 AM »
I thought the MP:H info was good, as well as the information that RE: DS was on a 1GB DS card, which I previously didn't know was possible.

Granted, I wouldn't condone taking everything in the scans at face value. Furthermore, it's a Capcom interview: what did you expect them to say? "These games were a steaming pile of refuse and we'll never make anything like them ever again."? No one prints without spin.

And they specifically CONFIRMED that Zelda will be on the GC.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 11:46:08 AM »
Hey, I love my Capcom FOUR. (FIVE if you include Mega Man Network Transmission)

As far as I'm concerned, they did show me new and interesting things, and they surpass my Nintendo published games in terms of gaming hours (excluding the multiplayer games).
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 01:40:22 PM »
Just to clear somethings up was it GB or gb?  Little or big b.  It matters.  Little is bit and big is byte.  Just think of it this way.  Take a gigabyte and divide by 8.  Thats the little b a gigabit.  Nintendo had said that the capacity was a Gigabit when the DS was announce.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 01:42:29 PM »
Yeah I thought RE:DS was on a 128MB card..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 03:18:39 PM »
It was a capital "B", but I think you're right: I do believe this was Gb and not GB.

I keep forgetting about the 8b = 1B conversion.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 03:47:26 PM »

Originally posted by: Dirk Temporo
"Titles such as Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4, Killer7, and PN03 have taken a gamble and pushed forward the boundaries of gaming"?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Whoever writes that magazine is a total idiot. VJ, RE4, and PN03 didn't do jack to "push the boundaries of gaming." Not to mention their little article about Zelda possibly coming to the Revolution, when that rumor got killed by Nintendo already.

Other than that, there was nothing exciting about those scans at all.

I disagree, Resident Evil 4 and Viewitful Joe most certainly did push the boundaries of gaming and did new things, and both are extremely high quality games on top of that. PN03 is debatable but I enjoyed it, and appreciated the approach the game was made. Killer 7 is just insane! I don't know abuot pushing the boundaries of gaming, but it pushed the boundaries of my brain as it tried to make sense of what was going on.

Oh yeah i'm not reading the scans beacuse of spoilers.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 03:54:04 PM »
There's nothing new in these scans. Except maybe some MP:H info.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 08:21:59 PM »
That first one says "Mr M and Mr A are still fully committed to bringing TP to GC later this year"

I wish it would've said "within a few months" instead of "later this year" oh well
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
I disagree, Resident Evil 4 and Viewitful Joe most certainly did push the boundaries of gaming and did new things

How so? Resident Evil 4 was just like any other third person shooter, and the only unique thing VJ had was the time shifting, and that was done before.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 11:17:14 PM »
VJ used the changes in time and camera position to change the physics of the world. During slomo you did more damage and would dodge almost all attracks thrown at you, during fast forward only you were faster (and a few map objects), during zoom your attacks became more elaborate and damaging. Other games only slowed down the game, maybe slowing bullets more than players  but that was it. No other game had you punching things in slow motion in order to apply more force.

RE4 has those interactive cutscenes, they aren't too common in other games.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Dirk Temporo
How so? Resident Evil 4 was just like any other third person shooter, and the only unique thing VJ had was the time shifting, and that was done before.

You're wearing a hole in the bottom of the barrel in your search for counter-arguments.

First of all, good LUCK finding a game which plays and behaves anything like the way VJ played.

Second, RE4 was up for GOTY from many media outlets and with damn good reasoning. RE4 was the first game of its kind to make an aiming system from over the shoulder actually mean something. Before then, all we had for 3rd person shooters was garbage like "Dead to Rights" which used an auto-aim system, resulting in a great deal of button mashing without much skill involved.

RE4 actually placed the obligation of being able to aim upon the shoulders of the player, something a 3rd person shooter has never done and something a console FPS has yet to do properly.

I don't know why you have such a chip on your shoulder for Capcom, but give credit where it's due.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 05:42:21 PM »
I don't have a chip on my shoulder for Capcom, I just think that, while both games were indeed amazing, there was nothing in them that really pushed any boundaries.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 06:51:47 PM »
Fair enough, but what would classify as pushing boundaries in your mind?

I guess I have to agree: in terms of "boundaries", nothing was terribly new, but it was the way the games used existing concepts in different ways which made them great.

The only boundary I can think of was the GC's graphical capabilities being pushed by RE4.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 07:11:54 PM »
Hey.

Did the games kickass?  Yes.

No further discussion needed.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 08:29:21 PM »

Resident Evil 4 was just like any other third person shooter

Citizen Kane didn't push the boundries of movies! It was just like any other third person film!  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon