Author Topic: Get Historical with Age of Empires on DS  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Get Historical with Age of Empires on DS
« on: February 14, 2006, 09:30:27 AM »
Microsoft's famed strategy franchise is now available on DS, by way of Majesco and a new turn-based format.

MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT SHIPS 'AGE OF EMPIRES: THE AGE OF KINGS' FOR NINTENDO DS    

Best-Selling Strategy Series Now Available for Popular Handheld System

EDISON, N.J., February 14, 2006 - One of the most successful game  franchises for Windows PC comes to the Nintendo DS handheld system as  Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL) today ships Age of  Empires(r): The Age of Kings.  The standard-bearer for real-time  strategy games on the Windows platform, Ensemble Studios' Age of Empires  property has sold more than 16 million copies worldwide, making it one  of the best-selling PC franchises of all time. Age of Empires(r): The  Age of Kings was developed by Backbone Entertainment, a division of  Foundation 9 Entertainment, and is available now for a suggested retail  price of $29.99.    

"Age of Empires has set the gold standard for real-time strategy games  and its global audience continues to grow," said Ken Gold, vice  president of Marketing for Majesco.  "We're extremely proud to bring  this amazing franchise to the handheld audience."    

Age of Empires: The Age of Kings boasts turn-based strategy gameplay - a  first for the franchise - as players move from the Dark Ages through the  Middle Ages with one goal in mind: domination of the known world.    

Game features include:    

*        Command one of five different civilizations: the Britons,  Franks, Mongols, Saracens or Japanese;    

*        Control special 'hero' units such as Richard the Lionheart,  Minamoto Yoshitsune, Joan of Arc and Genghis Khan whose special Hero  Powers affect the battlefield;    

*        Lead over 60 different types of units into battle--from archers  and monks to hand cannoneers, battering rams and samurai;    

*        Construct and upgrade buildings to create resources for your  civilizations and provide access to new units and technologies;    

*        Research over 55 different technologies like chemistry,  ballistics, iron casting and spying to advance civilization into the  next Age;    

*        Consult a new Combat Advisor for advice on a battle's outcome;    

*        Battle wirelessly with up to four players;    

*        Gain Empire Points to unlock maps and units while improving  your Emperor Rank;    

*        Includes all new music plus the sounds from the best-selling PC  version.    

More information about Age of Empires: The Age of Kings can be found on  the official site www.AgeofEmpiresDS.com

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Get Historical with Age of Empires on DS
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 10:08:48 AM »
Age of Empires has set the gold standard for real-time strategy games

Age of Empires: The Age of Kings boasts turn-based strategy gameplay

I think that was a stupid idea for something to change. Turn based AoE isn't much more than simplified Civ.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 11:55:52 AM »
Though I agree with KDR, reviews have been excellent...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE:Get Historical with Age of Empires on DS
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 12:19:14 PM »
I hear it plays alot like Advanced wars, not that I have played Advanced Wars, so I can only assume that is a good thing, right?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 12:44:07 PM »
Microsoft makes the best games. I wish they had their own console.  

Offline archioverload

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 01:02:42 PM »
I'm really surprised by the good reviews it's been getting. I thought it would be more toward the Battles of the Prince of Persia side of the spectrum, rather than the Advance Wars side.  
"Dazzle people with smoke and mirrors, and swoop down like an eagle to clutch their hearts in your claws." --Travis, Killer 7

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 03:14:28 PM »
Simplified Civ on the go, KDR.

I don't see how that's necessarily a bad thing, so I'll probably be picking this up.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...