Author Topic: Article on video game media's shortcomings.  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Article on video game media's shortcomings.
« on: January 11, 2006, 10:28:33 AM »
Clicky.

I've got to agree with this guy. Video game journalist in the mainstream seem afraid to be negative in fear of losing their privlages (such as getting reviewable copies early). I've found that smaller fan-run ones (such as PCG) aren't afraid to speak out.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Article on video game media's shortcomings.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »
Ahhh, this is the guy that JoyStiq aptly called the putz he is.

"Having been eating my young for the past 979 words you'll note that I haven't named the names of magazines, websites or otherwise for obvious reasons. Apart from libel there is the issue of burning my bridges, and I do want the option of being able to work in the videogame town again at some stage myself, and I daresay this piece being dragged out in a few years will not do me many favours with all but a few."

He's criticizing video game websites for blunting criticisms so as to curry favor with developers. And yet he flat out states HE is blunting criticisms so as to curry favor with video game sites! I'll pass on backboneless slime such as this dope.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 02:41:34 PM »
LOL PRESS ISN'T SUPPOSED TO COVER VIDEO GAMES, THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO GENERATE TRAFFIC FOR AD REVENUUUUE.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Article on video game media's shortcomings.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 02:48:59 PM »
^^So true...
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
RE:Article on video game media's shortcomings.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 04:23:22 PM »
Well I've just been a bit late coming to the conclusion that the formulaic, child-minded writing-for-the-lowest-common-marketing-denominator style that encapsulates 99% of the mainstream videogame press is a load of crap.

irony
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 04:33:25 PM »
Thats why I love forum discussion, particulary the Ian - Bill dynamic that happens here, it gives a better picture of things than just reading reviews.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro