Author Topic: No Disc  (Read 5656 times)

Offline H

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
No Disc
« on: February 23, 2003, 06:48:19 AM »
Greetings!  I recently aquired a system that is about a year old.  Up until now, it has done just fine.  Suddenly, when I insert a disc, is says no disc.  After several tries, I MIGHT get it to work, but not usually.  Any thoughts, or places I might go for help?  Thanks ahead!!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 06:49:49 AM »
Something similar happened to my friend's Gamecube. . . he replaced it, and his new one is working great.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 06:50:37 AM »
Hi and welcome to the boards.

I don't have any thoughts but a reliable place you can go to is the Nintendo service and repair hotline.  It's usually on the back of instruction manuals.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline H

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 06:56:39 AM »
Thanks!

Offline H

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 07:06:02 AM »
Is there anywhere online that answers questions, or has a troubleshooting spots??  I appreciate input or thoughts!

Offline Maverik

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 08:01:40 AM »
My game cube has the same problem. It takes like 5-6 tries and moving the actual console around to get it to work. what's the model number on your gcn? is it DOL-001(USA)? I don't know if that has any meaning, but maybe every system with that # is defective? I've had mine a little over a year and this started happening too.
Golden Sun Network
http://www.goldnsun.net

Offline H

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 08:46:47 AM »
yes...same model #...I am going to the company to see about this...will post back!

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 08:49:44 AM »
happened to me too, means your disc drive is defective, that repair cost me 80bucks
LZ 2005

Offline H

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 08:53:22 AM »
I wonder if that is a common thing with the year old systems...Hem...where did you send your to to get it fixed??

Offline VideoGamerX

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2003, 09:04:29 AM »
I've never ever had it to happen and my system is just over a year old. It must be a defective part with the disc drive. You can still get Nintendo to replace the Gamecube. Contact them and they'll have you send it in. They'll ship you a new one I'm pretty sure (anyone else know?). You just have to send the console itself in. They'll send you a new Gamecube console with a controller. In other words, you may get a free controller out of it.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2003, 09:06:28 AM »
well i sent it to the official repair center of nintendo
that was here in germany though, they could still fix my ntsc cube but they charged me bad time
if you have warranty or not, just send it it to the official repair center, youll find a troubeshoot and official
adresses on nintendo.com
LZ 2005

Offline Sleepyfoo

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2003, 09:22:34 AM »
actually, first you should try calling nintendo.  they have REALLY nice service people.  My GCN was just about a month over a year old when this started happening, and the lady just extended my warrenty for another month. So i just sent it in, 1 week later, for free, it was back, in black (well, actually its indigo, but...meh)

Offline babble

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2003, 09:27:26 AM »
Mine did the same thing last week. Freaked me out!!! After pushing on the internal part (just under the arm that olds the DVD) it works fine now. I hope that it's gonna stay that way.
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2003, 10:48:49 AM »
yeah nintendo has a great customer service
LZ 2005

Offline MarioFoxZelda

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2003, 12:08:20 PM »
Introducing Mariofoxzelda's 15 step plan to get your GC working again. For FREE.

Step 1. Buy brand new GC
Step 2. Make sure GC is same colour as broken one
Step 3. Keep Receipt
Step 4. Go home
Step 5. Open box as carefully as possible and keep it so it looks like it was never opened
Step 6. Take out new GC
Step 7. Put in old broken GC
Step 8. Fix box to look like new
Step 9. Bring back next day (to the same store mind you, this could be a big problem if you don't)
Step 10. When asked "Reason for Return" say: "Unwanted Gift"
Step 11. Get money back
Step 12. Put in wallet
Step 13. Laugh on way out of store and start running
Step 14. Go home again
Step 15. Play new GC and have lots of fun
what

Offline electrify12

• View Profile
No Disc
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2003, 12:41:20 PM »
Hey sleepyfoo they did the exact same thing with me.  I'm just getting ready to send it in.