Author Topic: No more Phoenix Wright?  (Read 9388 times)

Offline NotSoStu

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
No more Phoenix Wright?
« on: December 26, 2005, 11:40:27 AM »
http://www.capcom.com/nintendoDS.xpml

Notice something's missing? Most sites don't havei t either... ;_;
i haven't used this in years why is it the second result when you search my name asdfadsfasfa

Offline ShawnSt3r

• Banned
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:No more Phoenix Wright?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 02:16:12 AM »
   If so, thats a shame, it was such a fresh experience, I wish more people had bought it.

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE: No more Phoenix Wright?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 08:35:11 AM »
Tell me about it. I've been trying to track down a copy for a couple days now and it seems like everyone and their mother has either back-ordered it or doesn't even have it in their listings. Very annoying, indeed.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 08:45:41 AM »
Very annoying indeed, indeed!  This and DDR Mario are the only games I really want right now, what a disaster!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 10:47:15 AM »
my local eb has a copy of Phoenix Wright, it's $29.99. want me to pick it up for you?
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline Chris1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 01:26:39 PM »
Speaking of games we can't find, I havent seen Castlevania anywhere!  Anyone see it feel also free to pick it up for me, but I can't pay you back, but your genorosity will be much appreciated  

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 03:41:43 PM »
=O I shall treasure my imported copy. This probably means the UK/Euro release will be cancelled for lol now.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 01:47:57 AM »
Thats weird cause its still schedualed for a feburary 28th 2006 release in Aus...

I hope it hasnt been canned, the ds has some of the most refreshing titles of this generation (consoles included)!!!
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end of Satan's rainbow?

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 01:05:11 PM »
In a surprise turn of events, my GameStop got a new shipment of copies. I picked mine up today and I'm absolutely loving it.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 02:52:20 PM »
Wow, glad I bought mine the day it came out. This was by far the most satisfying experience I've had on the DS so far.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 02:56:29 PM »
Maybe since Capcom didn't do any real advertising (apart from a print ad or two) they did a really small run and figured that would be enough. When you're releasing something this unique, it must be hard to predict how many you'll sell.

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 06:08:01 AM »
It's actually very easy. If you make a small production run, there won't be enough. If you give the game a big production run, there'll be too many. I don't know why they can't get it right.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 06:41:33 PM »
Hey, speaking of Phoenix Wright, I have a question about multiple game saves.

I just borrowed this game from a friend and she hasn't beaten it yet, When I save my game, does it overwrite hers? Or is it just unlocking stages? How does it work?

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 07:41:55 PM »
If she's in the middle of a case, it'll overwrite her progress when you save. Whenever a case is over, it frees up a new case (well, until you beat the game).

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 09:38:56 PM »
Crap, she is gonna be maaad at me...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 05:32:27 AM »
This is strange, considering Capcom announced a second Phoenix Wright game for DS a little while back, they'd want to get the original game into more peoples hands.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 06:07:58 AM »
"Speaking of games we can't find, I havent seen Castlevania anywhere!"

Same here.  I got it for my brother for Christmas.  Every store I checked was out except Toys R Us.  I quickly snagged a copy and a few weeks later they too didn't have it.  It seems to be following the tradition of the last two portable Castlevania games of having a limited print run.  I can understand that sort of thing for something like Phoenix Wright.  That's a new unproven franchise and if it doesn't sell as well as expected it's risky to manufacture more copies.  But Castlevania is a major franchise in gaming.  If Circle of the Moon is still worth manufacturing years after release why not the other games?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 08:28:58 AM »
Maybe Konami doesn't think Castlevania sells in the US? I've seen plenty of copies of all Castlevania games over here and the games were available for a long time. OTOH, Phoenix Wright hasn't got a release here.

Offline Mr Bloober

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 12:11:48 PM »
Sure am glad I got it for Christmas, that would have been ANOTHER discontinued game I couldn't get.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 06:12:25 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"Speaking of games we can't find, I havent seen Castlevania anywhere!"

Same here.  I got it for my brother for Christmas.  Every store I checked was out except Toys R Us.  I quickly snagged a copy and a few weeks later they too didn't have it.  It seems to be following the tradition of the last two portable Castlevania games of having a limited print run.  I can understand that sort of thing for something like Phoenix Wright.  That's a new unproven franchise and if it doesn't sell as well as expected it's risky to manufacture more copies.  But Castlevania is a major franchise in gaming.  If Circle of the Moon is still worth manufacturing years after release why not the other games?

Dawn of Sorrow seems to have just been reprinted. If you're looking for a copy to keep for yourself, Toys 'R' Us has it for $45 Canadian, while Electronics Boutique has it for $50.

The nearly impossible to find "Lost in Blue" (also from Konami, with the exact same cart size) seems to have been reprinted at the same time, and is at both TRU and EB for $40.

Also, EB just had a new copy of Riviera for the GBA. Had.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2006, 01:12:37 PM »
I was lucky enough to snag a copy this afternoon. I'm glad I did. It's awesome. Incredibly deep for a text-based game.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2006, 02:04:49 PM »
If anyone stills needs a copy I might be able to hook you up. When I was in my EB picking up Phoenix for knowsnothing, they said they had 1 copy left.
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2006, 02:09:41 PM »
Fair warning - when I purchased my copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney this afternoon, I was told that Trauma Center: Under The Knife has just gone out-of-print as well. That's a game I've been planning on buying, as I'm sure many other here are too. Act fast before it's too late! I'll probably pick it up this weekend.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2006, 02:38:45 PM »
Everything's being discontinued to make way for more copies of Elf Bowling and Snood 2.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2006, 10:37:58 PM »

Fair warning - when I purchased my copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney this afternoon, I was told that Trauma Center: Under The Knife has just gone out-of-print as well. That's a game I've been planning on buying, as I'm sure many other here are too. Act fast before it's too late! I'll probably pick it up this weekend.

Trauma Center is made by Atlus. Atlus games go out of print after they make their first run, which is usually around 500 copies.

You're probably just lucky in that your local store still had some kicking around until now, and they were running low, and they only just now tried to order some more and noticed that they couldn't.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi