Author Topic: IGN reports the next Triforce game  (Read 6977 times)

Offline Nat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
IGN reports the next Triforce game
« on: February 22, 2003, 10:28:57 AM »
 Hey all, IGN.com recently reported the next Triforce game. Unfortuantly, it's an "Insider" story. The clue they gave below the link was the "Key of Avalon". I don't know if the members of this board are allowed to post information from IGN Insider material, so instead of getting in trouble for asking, I thought I'd ask if anyone has any ideas of what this game is. Does the phrase "Key of Avalon" mean anything to Nintendo games?
By the way, I'm new here!

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 10:35:06 AM »

Offline Celsius

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 10:41:05 AM »
www.the-magicbox.com has info.  They have all insider stories.  
"What! Sarah, look not upon me with doubting eyes." - Motoko Aoyoma (Love Hina: Mystery Guests at Hinata Hotel)

Offline Nat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2003, 10:46:15 AM »
 That's kinda disappointing actually.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2003, 11:00:45 AM »
Here is the official site for the game if anyone wants to take a look: www.a-key.jp/index.html. I also read at the nintendojo.com boards that there isn't any buttons or joy stick. Instead it uses a touch screen panel. You can go to the nintendojo.com discussion about the game by clicking here.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline DevilishDude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2003, 11:34:47 AM »
im confused...is it for gamecube or is it an arcade game?
:: My name Smeedle
:: Tingle, Tingle... Koolah Limpah! These are the magic words Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!

:: Homestar Runner Quote Of The Week:
:: Ow! My Stomach Lining

Offline mrbojangos

• foggy goggle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2003, 01:18:26 PM »
Both, the triforce board is a piece of hardware that allows gamecube games and arcade games to interact, or be developed from one another...  Did I explain this correctly?
wii- 0480067198119868

msg me on aim (mrbojangos2k5)with your FC if u add so i can add yours

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2003, 01:24:46 PM »
Pretty much, the Triforce is an arcade board based on GC hardware, and supported by Nintendo (duh), Sega, and Namco. If I read correctly, somewhere in the PGC F-Zero info/impressions, F-Zero is the second game to use the Triforce board. If that's true, what was the first game that utilized it?  
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2003, 03:17:21 PM »
i thought the first game to use triforce hardware was a soccer game, but im not sure
I'll shut up now...

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2003, 07:12:44 PM »
First game was SEGA's Virtua Striker 2002, a soccer game.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2003, 08:46:38 PM »
And the third game will more than likely be Star Fox Armada, that is if Namco can get it out first.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Mephistopheles

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2003, 10:32:58 PM »
Well, there are 2 ways to look at this...

#1)  "aww man, what a lameass game.  I hate Sega."

or...

#2)  "wow, Sega is making games on the Triforce without coersion, using material usually intended for the more mature crowd, and is getting Hitmaker, one of their best developers, to do it, therefore familiarizing themselves with Gamecube hardware on a foolproof game concept... and did I mention that the Gameboy Advance's eReader makes this game a possibility for porting?"

Think about which one you'd rather have... half-empty, or half-full?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2003, 12:41:19 AM »
half full all the way

Offline Calibretto

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2003, 04:05:10 AM »
An arcade card game sounds like an interesting experiment.  I am not into card games or video game versions of them, but nonetheless I think this is a most ineteresting idea.  I presume it is made to attract fans of card games to arcades, and let hope it works.  Developing entirely different games than the traditional arcade fare may spark interest in arcades again.  
"This makes the master of the Gun-Katas an opponent not to be taken lightly..."

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2003, 06:23:05 AM »
The Key of Avalon sounds like a really cool idea for a game in theory but is hurt by a major limitation that will likely make it only appeal to the hardcore.  The fact that you have to buy a starter set of 40 cards just to play the game (according to Gamepro though Magic Box doesn't mention it) is immediately going to hurt this game's appeal.  The average person isn't going to see a game in the arcade that requires you to buy a whole whack of cards and try it on a whim.  This is an "investment" game and those sorts of games usually don't appeal to the mainstream.

This game is totally made for e-Reader support but again the huge amount of cost for the requirements is going to limit appeal.  In order to play a Cube version you would need the game, a starter set of cards, a GBA, an e-Reader, and a GC/GBA link cable.  That's too much to bundle together and too many requirements for the average user.  All those things can be used with Animal Crossing as well but you don't need all of them just to play the game.  The ideal situation would be to make the Cube version come with an "electronic" set of cards that comes built into the game so people can still play the game without the e-Reader.  They just are limited to using the default cards.  It's like how Pokemon Stadium gives you starter Pokemon for those who don't have the Gameboy game.

Oh yeah and online support for the Gamecube version would be a must have in my opinion.  The game is already very hardcore so they might as well go all the way.  The target audience would fit online support perfectly.

Does anyone else think that this exact game but with Pokemon cards would be f*cking huge?

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2003, 06:32:40 AM »
This game looks to be arcade only. Looking at the cards, it doesn't support the e-reader. The game seems popular because it was second behind F-Zero in popularity at AOU 2003.

Offline DevilishDude

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2003, 07:27:10 AM »
maybe they will make it a MMORPG or sumthing.  you can trade cards, and  put cards up for stake so that if you win a card match you get the opponets card. you could collect money by winning battles, and buy new cards....that would be cool  
:: My name Smeedle
:: Tingle, Tingle... Koolah Limpah! These are the magic words Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!

:: Homestar Runner Quote Of The Week:
:: Ow! My Stomach Lining

Offline Uncle Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2003, 04:58:33 PM »
Interesting.
Playing it Bogart.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2003, 05:13:07 PM »
i think its a card game rpg.
Key of Avelon

The board game which used the dore-teingaka-do. 1 IC card, 40 game cards entered into play, it purchases the " starter kit ". This you constructing your own sufficient deck to the base, at the time of game end combining card 1 is paid, it fights.

As for feature of this work, 40 " every throwing the deck of 1 set into the deck leader roundly, " the point which it makes lump together makes recognize. If you mention the card leader, 1 1 it is normal to make the card grasp individually, but you can call the leader of this work the truly overturns former common sense from root epoch-making system.

" The ha and others go round the purpose of the game densely ". In order the ha and others to enter densely, " the key of the avelon“ " being necessary, for that besides the fact that it has the key, the player must be knocked down. Turn system is adopted, at each time your own turn come life decreases. If it wins battle, or the ha and others enters densely, life recovers. When life becomes zero, game over.

dude this board supports Japanese text awesomeness! Gotta work on my signature now. damn nevermind.

and thats a altavista translation of game impress.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2003, 06:29:32 PM »
Its not very "NEXT" if its already on arcade
proberly be released same time as F-zero or sooner, cause nintendo will proberly make f-zero get pushed back