Author Topic: My thoughts on various Nintendo commercials  (Read 3244 times)

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
My thoughts on various Nintendo commercials
« on: February 22, 2003, 01:59:43 AM »
PIKMIN = Nintendo showed this a lot when GameCube was released.  I remember thinking, "What an odd-looking game.  Looks boring too.  If that's what modern games look like, I think I'll stick with the 16-bit stuff."

MARIO SUNSHINE = "Gee... going around and cleaning stuff.  I can do that right here in my own home.  Pass."

YOSHIS ISLAND = "Yep... that was an awesome game!  Good commercial."

BUFFY = "Cool my favorite show.  But why does it look like crap?  Sounds like crap too.  Pass."

METROID PRIME = "Cool!!!  Awesome graphics.  It's like an interactive Buck Rogers!"  This is the game that convinced me to buy a GameCube.

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 02:35:01 AM »
Is this topic aplace wereI can empty my thoughts and share them with you about commercials?
Or are we suppose to comment ure post?

El pollo Diablos

Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 07:43:42 AM »
I feel like I keep seeing this thread.  Anyway...

El Diablo, your link is dead, I believe.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2003, 03:18:50 PM »
I haven't really seen any game commercials other than LoZ:WW (pretty good, but slightly corny).

The others, however, are quite cool.  For example that old one, "180 games.  What a rush." That one was awesome.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2003, 03:30:49 PM »
The Metroid Prime commercial sucked. I think the best commercials Nintendo makes are those with the guys disguised as Mario, Yoshi etc.  

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2003, 03:34:07 PM »
The Animal Crossing Commercials were Nintendo's best... EVER.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2003, 03:36:08 PM »
Gads, not the Metroid Prime one I saw. . . of course I downloaded it, but it was still cool.  May not have shown on TV.  Starts with the words:

"The cold silence of space only punctuates the feeling of death that eminates from this virtual and lifeless planet."

while Samus jumps out of her ship and does a bunch of flips.

As for the other system commercials. . . all of those are crap, especially the PS2 ones. I hate the PS2/Walmart commercial, and that dumb Getaway commercial.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Gunstar212

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2003, 07:07:37 PM »
I liked the Metroid Prime and Splinter Cell.

Also, when Super Smash Bros 64 came out, I thought it was humerous. That's what kept me watching that commercial. Strolling down flower-filled fields, holding hands in harmony. Then, someone get tripped and all hell breaks loose. That was funny and I loved watching that commercial every time I saw it. Great-looking games like MP and SC kept me watching the commercials because they both looked good and they were both great games with great gameplay(MP has better gameplay, IMO).