Author Topic: Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?  (Read 81708 times)

Offline PointZero

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?
« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2003, 11:02:02 AM »
i never know Gunvalkyrie was on the genesis and oddworld i never played the others and this game didnt atrract me one bit until i decided to try it and it was really good and PGR dont worry most people dont like racing at all.Well you have to understand there are very good games on both xbox and gamecube that gets no publicity like Eternal Darkness I barely saw any ads for the game and it was a really good game.

Offline KatDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2003, 12:20:02 PM »
This topic is freakin' amazing.  

After I've read all of these responses, I had to look back up and check the subject again.  And now I know the answer.  Hear me out.

The root of all evil is "excessive fanboyism".  All three consoles have them.  I just laugh when I read responses on other console boards, and most recently this post.  All I can picture is a bunch of kids jumping around on a playground screaming "mine is better than yours".   Freaking hilarious.  And sad.  It's like people have to "justify" what they have by pointing fingers and saying, "I hate yours because..whah wha wah whaaaahhhhhh wahhhh waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (In my best Charlie Brown's teacher's voice).

I've been a member of a popular Xbox board for a long time.  Since 6 months before the Xbox release.  Nothing makes me more sick than to hear "excessive Xbox fanboys" speak out of their arse.  Putting down other systems, games, etc.  Excessively promoting the Xbox like they are Bill Gates' biatch.  It's almost funny.  But it's easy to get sucked into thinking like one when an "excessive fanboy" from another console says something like "The only good game for the Xbox is Halo", or "Xbox sucks", or "I won't buy an Xbox because of Bill Gates". That is my personal favorite.  Also on the other side, "GC is for kids, wah wahhh wah wahhhhwahhhhhwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

I am an Xbox fanboy.  Not excessively though.  I don't blindly promote the Xbox to no end.  But I do promote its' good points when necessary.  

Good things:
    They have a pretty decent library of quality titles.

Proof?  

1) Halo....Best....FPS....Ever.  Don't knock it until you play it in HDTV with Digital Surround pumping out all around you.  Amazing.
2) Apex...great racer, great grapics, great tracks.
3) World Racing...one of the best racers I've ever played.  Awesome graphics, very realistic handling, custom soundtracks.
4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer....great hack 'n slash title.
5) Steel Battalion....simply amazing.  You have to play to believe.  Fabulous replays that are saveable on the HD.
6) Deathrow...awesome "future sport" game.  Has a huge cult following.
7) MotoGP....great Xbox Live racer.  Nothing like competing with 15 other people, and being able to talk smack with all of them.
8) Mechassault...decent single player experience...great Xbox Live title.
9) DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball.....just kidding....personally, it sucks.
9) Morrowind...very deep RPG.  Not turn based (which is ok), but TONS of options, armor, weapons, races, cities, etc.  
10) Kung Fu Chaos...with 4 players, this game is great fun and is hilarious.  The replays are priceless.
11) NHL2K3...nothing like playing some hockey on Xbox Live.
12) Panzer Dragoon Orta...BEAUTIFUL game.  Very challenging.  TONS of unlockables, including more missions and the original PD game.
13) Quantum Redshift...Great playing futuristic racer with a crappy storyboard.
14) Shenmue II....the sequel to one of my most favorite games.  
15) Tao Feng...finally a fighter that makes you learn the combos to win.  Very strategic.  Button mashers need to stay away...

And upcoming titles like Brute Force, Halo 2, Doom III, Fable, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Sudeki, Return to Castle Wolfenstein:Tides of War, and others, it looks like the future for the Xbox is bright.

Great Hardware with a lot of untapped capability.

Great customer support.  There was a period of time where some Xboxes were failing prematurely.  To this day, MS is still repairing a lot of defective Xboxes (or replacing) at no charge, no questions asked.

Anyway, that is my PRO list for Xbox.

Cons:  They have a strange marketing plan, promise the world sometimes and do not deliver, put out some of the god-awfullest titles (Bruce Lee, anyone?) that should have never seen the light of day, and are like a neverending hype machine.  Even Xbox fanboys are beginning to take grains of salt before just believing everything.  Also, the Xbox is damn HUGE!!! I didn't really realize how big it was until I put my GC beside it.  Holy crap.  You could make 3 Gamecubes from the plastic from 1 Xbox.

I just got a Gamecube about a month or so ago.  I have some good titles for it.  A few, I'd put in the great column.  I never really payed much attention to the GC.  

And to be honest, I really didn't because of the "kiddy" titles.  I wouldn't call them "kiddy" now, but that is the image some people get when they see Mario, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, children's games such as Pooh and Tigger (which my kids love), etc.  You see where I'm coming from.

Some people are blinded by ignorance.

Once I got my GC, I went out and got 4 titles:  Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, Zelda: WW, and Super Monkey Ball.

The next day, I went out and bought: Pikmin, Resident Evil, and found a used copy of ZeldaOT/Master Quest (bought all 3 for $35.00)

A week ago, I bought Rogue Leader and the Tigger/Pooh game for my kids.

So what's the verdict?

Freaking Metroid Prime has me hooked.  Hooked on a game like I haven't been in a while.  I didn't like it at first.  But once I beat the Parasite Queen, it's all been sweeeet.  

Zelda : WW is simply art in motion.  Almost a perfect 10 in my eyes.

And I like the other titles too, just between MP and All Star Baseball 2004 for the Xbox, I haven't had much time to get to them.

Gamecube will always be in my home from now on.  And when Nintendo's next console comes out, I'll buy it too.

Ignorance almost kept me from enjoying some great GREAT titles.  Not being an "excessive fanboy" with blinders would have made me miss out on the chance to play probably 2 of the best games of the last 5 years (MP and Zelda).

I feel that "Excessive fanboys" from both sides of the console war would really appreciate the other console if they had time to invest in the other console.  To call Xbox "crap" and not spend a few days playing Halo, Steel Battalion, Panzer Dragoon Orta, etc.  should be a crime for a "hardcore gamer".  Same goes for Metroid Prime, Zelda, etc.  These are some of the best games of this generation.

In the end, just give me good quality games.  I do not care by whom they are made.  Whoever makes the best games is who gets my money.

That is why I sold my PS2, but that is another story....

Sorry for the rant....

Dyslexic man sells soul to Santa--film at 11.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2003, 12:38:58 PM »
KatDaddy, that was such a great post, I almost decided to close the thread here. That would just be the perfect conclusion to this ranting, raving madhouse of a thread.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2003, 03:03:09 PM »
Nintendo fans do not hate the Xbox console.

May Nintendo fans own both an Xbox and GameCube, and enjoy playing both.

It is the select few, the "fanboys" who are unable to accept and expirence the fun of the Xbox console
Matt
Contact Info in Profile

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2003, 01:26:04 PM »

It is the select few, the "fanboys" who are unable to accept and expirence the fun of the Xbox console

Believe it or not, some people just don't like the game selection on XBOX.  Whats wrong with that.?  Does that make me a 'fanboy'?(can't we think of a new term?)  I've played several of the games, and have come away unimpressed.  That is a truthful interpretation.  There are not enough exclusive 'must have' games to warrant a purchase, IMO.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2003, 01:38:14 PM »
No, fanboy is an accurate term for some- the people who are too close minded even to give the XBox a chance. However, just because some of us are opne minded doesn't mean we HAVE to like the XBox.  I someone has given the XBox a chance and just didn't like it, they're not a fanboy. A fanboy would have the preconcieved notion that the XBox sucks and doesn't deserve their time at all.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2003, 03:57:37 AM »
The one thing I will always hate about Halo is it has no bots. Even stupid bots give me something to do while everyone is finishing chowing down.

The Omen, if you have really played a lot of the titles, then that is fine. If you cannot justify spending that money on it, hey it's your call, we can't tell you, "you haves to buys its!" I personally don't like a lot of the titles for most of the systems and it is easy for me to see how you could not justify the money.

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2003, 05:52:13 AM »
I think it is jelously. They seeming to have such a passion for disliking it, so where is that passion coming from? Everyone wants what they can't have.  

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2003, 07:07:40 AM »

I think it is jelously. They seeming to have such a passion for disliking it, so where is that passion coming from? Everyone wants what they can't have.

Is that to imply I can't afford the XBOX?  Give me a break.  Some people just don't care for the games, like myself.

And by the way, who on earth would ever be jealous of a video game console?
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2003, 05:31:29 AM »
A spae alien on the planet nurblioprant who complains about consoles.

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2003, 03:32:12 PM »
Calm down. Who said I was talking to anyone specifically?  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2003, 03:39:56 PM »
"And by the way, who on earth would ever be jealous of a video game console? "

Oh come on- while I disagree with what AERO said, haven't you ever been a little pissed fof when a 3rd-party puts their big title on the rival console? I know *I* was when the XBox got not only Shenmue II but Jet Set Radio Future, as well. AERO didn't mean jealous of the physical console itself (he's got a girlfriend and I don't!), he meant jealous of the *support* that console's getting as opposed to yours.

"Calm down. Who said I was talking to anyone specifically?"

That's the thing, AERO- you were making a generalization that the reason some people don't get multiple consoles is because of jealousy and wanting what you can't have, which just isn't true. Maybe it applies to certain situations, but you have to make the distinction. I personally don't have an XBox for 2 reasons, the first being it doesn't have enough games that I think look good to warrant a purchase, and second because even if it did, i already own a Gamecube and PS2 and wouldn't be able to afford supporting all 3 consoles. That is NOT jealousy.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2003, 08:29:16 PM »

Oh come on- while I disagree with what AERO said, haven't you ever been a little pissed fof when a 3rd-party puts their big title on the rival console? I know *I* was when the XBox got not only Shenmue II but Jet Set Radio Future, as well. AERO didn't mean jealous of the physical console itself (he's got a girlfriend and I don't!), he meant jealous of the *support* that console's getting as opposed to yours

But if I was, I would just buy the Xbox.  Thats my point.  I dont feel a need to buy it, because i am not jealous of any of its games.  I'm happy with what i have, and if i wasn;'t i'd buy the xbox

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2003, 12:46:08 PM »
I'm the one who started this topic, but I changed names, just to clerify that.

I would think if someone were not jelous they wouldn't be in this topic debating about, it after stating their original case, if even that. I just seem to notice alot of the time in topics on the main board, when theres negative news or something like that about gamecube, someone always seems to mention the xbox and something negative about it, out of the clear blue, for no other apparent reason. I'm wondering why this is.

And I think it is, becuase the gamecube is closer to reaching the sucess of the xbox rather then Playstation 2 which nobody can touch, so they choosing to fight a 'battle' they have a chance of winning.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2003, 01:48:22 PM »
Omen: It's not so black and white, man- it's not a case of either being perfectly happy with your console or completely unhappy. I love my Gamecube to death, along with all of my 16 games, but there's still a few titles on the XBox I'd likem namely JSRf and Shenmue II. But you know why I don't buy an XBox? Because 2 or 3 games just isn't enough incentive to buy an XBox. So yeah, I'm jealous the XBox got some great Sega games, but since it's only a couple I'm not rushing out to buy one. You'd be lying if you said you were NEVER interested in a game on a console you've never owned.  

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2003, 06:36:55 PM »
Well, i didn't say ANY console.  The comment was about the XBOX.  And to clarify, once again, I don't 'hate' it, which this thread was started about.  If the XBOX has a few good games, why would I be jealous over it?  Good for XBOX owners.  If I ever feel the need to buy it, I will.  But as of right now, i am not envious in any way.  PS2 has many more games that are worth owning than either system(and more sh!tty ones, as well),  so I have a PS2.  I still prefer my GC because of the 1st and 2nd party titles.  Since I got my GC at launch, i've bought about 25 games, as compared to about 3 for the PS2.

I have never been 'jealous' over a game console.  I've been upset over some 3rd parties dis-regard for the GC, but , as I said in 'the end of the world' thread, I do not see more than 3 games on xbox worth my investment.  With Nintendo, you're virtually assured 5 titles a year that you can't get ANYWHERE else.  I'm happy for the exclusives I get, not worried about some on XB0X.  Most of them are available elswhere anyway, sooner or later.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2003, 09:28:03 PM »
I'm not saying you hate the XBox, man. But there has to be at least ONE XBox exclusive you wish deep down inside was on the Gamecube or PS2. I refuse to believe that you can't find one game you're interested in on the XBox out of it's entire repertoir. Maybe the words jelous and envious are a bit extreme, the feeling has to be there albeit on a very small level. Liek I said, it's not so black and white- I don't, and I know you don't, go out and buy a console just because it has one game we're interested in. But that still doesn't change the fact we're interested in it.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2003, 11:20:49 PM »

I refuse to believe that you can't find one game you're interested in on the XBox out of it's entire repertoir. Maybe the words jelous and envious are a bit extreme, the feeling has to be there albeit on a very small level.

Thats true, there are about 3 that i'm interested in.   I think like you said, the wording is a bit strong.   Interested is a better word.  Agreed.  One game I am interested in recently is Knights OTOR.  But i'll get it for my PC, other than that, Halo, Tao Feng and some racing game...can't remember the name.  So, as you see, I do like some of the xbox games....just not enough of them.  I personally don't like the Sega games for the xb0x.  I barely like them on the GC.  Never been a Sonic fan, although Skies OA looks like its a definate buy for me.  Why don't they give me a new Afterburner, ?  Anyway, i'm rambling...so interested?, yes, jealous?, no.

Offline Mode 7

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2003, 11:30:15 PM »
Well, I'm back--mostly to add some fresh (or refreshed, as the case may be) blood to this sickly debate since it keeps getting fairly off-topic with pissing contests and what have you. Though, looking back over the older posts, I can't believe the longevity of my "Halo-Box" comment from the days of yore.

Glad to see that one kid got the boot, but I'm still surprised a lot of the fighting is still on here, considering the supposedly enforced rules of the forums, but I digress...

...spent some more time with the pals' X-Boxes, respectively. Played the games that were worth giving a try, and the only thing that was really interesting to me was Mech Assault. It's pretty good for a "mech game," if that is a genre, but it's still a little on the generic side. I think that has more to do with the genre, than the game itself. The geometry and textures are very nice--especially when you bust buildings down little by little--but the music is throw away and the voiceovers (and "character design") are mediocre. If running around shooting and blowing up stuff, but not doing anything else, is an interest to you, then there you go.

Went back to Halo. Getting tired of Halo. We're all just a little too good at this game, so it makes it very, very intense. Also makes the atmosphere very hot. Still hasn't changed my opinion on the system.

What's my opinion? Glad you decided to join the conversation. My opinion of the X-Box is not that it "sucks," or something, but that the games just aren't there yet. 2.7 games are not enough for me to drop the money it takes to support the green-black boat anchor. I'm a Nintendo supporter, and even they don't get a lot of my money anymore.

With the coming of Wind Waker, my reason for backing Nintendo has been rediscovered. I like substance. The Gamecube is more of an art machine, the PS2 is still a pop machine (pop, as in popular, as in pop-music--not the drink), and the X-Box is excess.

To illustrate my point, I'm going to go off onto a film studio scimilie rant. The Gamecube is like a studio that brings you films (games, for the dense) made by the likes of Speilburg, Zemeckis, P.T. Anderson, Cameron Crow, James Cameron, Kevin Smith, Tarrantino, Wes Anderson, (old) Tim Burton, Fincher, and even Lynch. The films made by these artists don't come out very often, but when they do, they are spectacular and everone in the industry--and its fans and followers--feel it. They also have a broad range, pretty much having a little something for everyone.

The PS2 is a machine that is very much like a pop music radio station. It has a lot of stuff that is very popular, but that doesn't mean it's good. It does have its gems now and then, but after some time, they lose their life only to be either forgotten or remembered down the road in nostalgia. Fewer still will go down as legit classics.

With X-Box, I have to go back to the film scimilie, because I know if I stick with music I will ruffle too many feathers (quite frankly, I think that 95% of new rock music is terrible and I was going to use that genre). X-Box is the studio with people like Michael Bay, Jerry Bruckheimer, "the people that brought you The Fast And Furious," and Verhoven on the payroll (whereas Verhoven represents the part of the studio that I actually like). There are tons of other names, but that escape me right now because they're not worth remembering. They have big stars, they spend a ton of money, they have 50 effects houses working around the clock, and they come out with tons of movies. All kinds of excess, but very limited substance. I can't be a big fan of this studio just because Verhoven churns out Total Recall, Basic Insinct, or Starship Troopers--and that's Halo to me. Verhoven.

Hopefully that makes sense to everyone and this doesn't turn into another kind of pissing contest. You can agree or disagree all you like. To sum it up, Gamecube supports art and what is "alternative" as subjective as those words are, PS2 supports what is popular, and X-Box also tries to support what is popular but fumbles the ball more often than not.

Anyway, it's entirely too late, so I'm getting the hay outta Dodge.
Mode 7: The Filthy Mutie

"Clothes make the man; naked people have little or no affect on society." - Mark Twain

Offline Zelda

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2003, 12:42:08 AM »
all developers want to make good games, but they also want to make games that sell well.

and that is that. Games on both PS2 and GameCube are art. Playstation 2 does not somehow become a non-artistic console because it is popular. Now stop being a fool.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2003, 05:52:10 AM »

With the coming of Wind Waker, my reason for backing Nintendo has been rediscovered. I like substance. The Gamecube is more of an art machine, the PS2 is still a pop machine (pop, as in popular, as in pop-music--not the drink), and the X-Box is excess.

What a statement that is. Just a little biased dont you think?

All 3 are games systems, simple electronics configured in a specific manner so they can play games.
Consoles are not art forms, they are simply a machine that plays art forms (the games).

Your post seems more along the lines of a fanboyish rant than anything based on fact. Instead of presenting some pertitnent information you choose to use a pile of loosly based weak metaphores and simple similarities.

All 3 have good games depending on what your individual preferances are. You compare them to art, where nothing can be defined as being really better than anything else. Art is all about expression and personal taste, and in this regard I feel you may be closest to actually making a worth while comparison, even though you most likely didnt realize it.

In the end people should just play what they like and not be so worried or distraught over what the guy next to them likes.
These are just games after all, and games are meant to be fun, or at least they use to be.  
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2003, 06:15:05 AM »
If my musical prefrences have something to do with consoles I like then I like every console except one with country western

Offline Mode 7

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2003, 01:59:59 PM »
It made more sense to me at 4am last night. Hang on, let me re-read what I posted.

Done.

It's not really a fanboyish rant without anything to back it up. It's an opinion. I own a PS2 and I play an X-Box fairly regularly. If I were a fanboy who was bias, I wouldn't be doing any of the latter.

I didn't stumble into a good comparison. The backwardness of my post came from trying to work the board at a late hour, and to be honest, after having read everything that went down in the last several pages, I really didn't think I'd have to be very scientific in my approach. I do find it a little amusing that on another board that covers a little more in terms of media (such as film and music, ahem), my attempt at illustrating my point with such scimilies was received a little more toward what I intended last night. I.E.: people knew that I wasn't saying that musical taste has something to do with your taste in games, but that it was a scimilie for the market dynamic.

Yes, of course all developers want to make good games, but not many of them are all that experimental, or go against the grain. What I am referring to are games like Metroid Prime, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and Eternal Darkness (among others). When news of these games got out, gamers split into two factions before even playing the game. Metroid in first person?! First person adventure?! That's crazy talk! Zelda looks stupid! Let's call it Celda! What's Eternal Darkness?! Then they came out, and everyone that mustered the courage to give it a try was blown away.

On the horizon, we have these games from Capcom coming out that are in the same vein. Viewtiful Joe (sp?), P.N.07, and the crazy black and white shaded one about hitmen (I think) are right up my alley, so far. I know little of Giftpia, so I can't really lump that in there yet.

I like Rygar, Mech Assault, among others (just trying to keep lists short), because they're good games, entertaining, and what not. But are they ground-breaking? Do they make me want to put down my controller and walk away for a little while because it's just entirely too good and I want it to soak in? No. When I put down the X-Box controller, it's because Halo has made my palms entirely too sweaty.

Metal Gear Solid 2 was a most excellent game, but where it broke ground was with technical achievements and not in style. Plus I wasn't a big fan of Raiden, but that's not the point. Splinter Cell is also an awesome game, but it is in the same category as MGS2 for me. They don't inspire me to go hit my drawing board or crack open Maya and experiment.

Games like Mark of Kri and Herdy Gerdy were pretty ballsy in design, and fun to play, but they had some hefty shortcomings at the end of the day.

Oh well, I'm hungry, so I'm going to go eat. Go ahead and tear my posts apart or whatever. Happy Easter.
Mode 7: The Filthy Mutie

"Clothes make the man; naked people have little or no affect on society." - Mark Twain

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2003, 07:46:15 PM »
So to sum up this topic, xbox is crap.

Offline Scorpionldr

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2003, 04:13:36 AM »
ok, now i believe whoever says that Xbox is crap is wrong.  personally, i would go to Xbox because i simply WANT TO GET AWAY FROM COMPUTERS.  i run a dandy POS that freezes plenty of times running windows 98.   Xbox is a fine alternative because A: a good amount of PC games are ported over to XBOX, and B: it's simply not kiddie material.  i know that everyone's going to argue with me about Cube and "it's not kiddie stuff" BULLSH!T, but sadly enough it is.  don't argue with me, i know, because i OWN IT.  Zelda the wind waker: popular, played by young and old, good challenge, but it's STILL somewhat kiddie, no matter how great it is.  kiddie games don't do well on the market for older gamers, so older gamers go for the Xbox, or for Playstation.  and you can tell they were the guys that looked at shrek, and noticed the BEAUTIFUL SHINING 4.0 from IGN.  personally, i love most of the game ideas that XBOX comes with, and it's not just because of halo.  has ANYONE heard of Elderscrolls here?? it's like, the second best game, and it's an RPG, defeating almost any other with its' greatness??  now, that's not the only game i'm buying it for, assured, but also, if it fails, you have an ANTIQUE in ten years or so, in ur basement, that u can still have fun with.  sure the controls area little goofy, but give MS a break,  after all, they've spent quite a long time building up the cp industry, now they can try playing in the game industry.  Gates?  who gives a SH!t about him?  he deosn't matter.  just play the games for fun.  OH, and for all the people that have been arguing, i AM PRO XBOX ANTI SONY!!!    
everyone has a problem.  get over it