Author Topic: Dropping Players from other countries?  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Dropping Players from other countries?
« on: November 19, 2005, 07:50:35 PM »
Anyone else experiencing difficulty staying connected to people in another country?  I swear, I cannot keep connected long enough to go through a full round with Hybrid or RABicle.  Also, Hybrid seems to be granted unbeatable speed.  Is WFC giving him a boost in attempt to be "fair"?  I noticed his insane 103 wins there.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Dropping Players from other countries?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 12:18:07 AM »
Hybrid and his brother share the same DS, so half that. They are both very good though.

I've notice people dropping before the game starts, the lights just disappear, and it's sometimes with 2 or 3 people there, so I doubt it's a coincidence that they all just left. Maybe it means they joined a different game? It's not a huge issue for me though since whenever that happens other people just come on straight away.

By the way, what other countries actually have the game? It's only officially out in the US and Australia, so I guess i'm always playing Americans in that mode.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 02:33:21 AM »
Hybrid's brother, man that guy must cheat.

But yeah my connection has once died on a worldwide match and I always see peopel who use USA flags or worse, Confederate flags drop out too but ohwait they're always losing.

And it's out in New Zealand too Mario. I played against one today (under regional,), needless to say he was really crap but at least he stuck out the four races. btw swine I hate you.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 04:39:55 AM »
I've experienced Hybrid's cheating brother as well  Hit him with TWO SHELLS and they just bounced off, I SWEAR.

I actually stay connected to the Aussies pretty well, I get a lot of disconnects when playing Regional actually.  And not just because of the losing losers, I only really get error messages when tryinbg to connect to Regional as well.  Strange.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 07:27:58 AM »
i connect to chris(mario) in australia and don't have much problems
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 11:02:01 AM »
Iv never been able to jion a world wide game
closest iv got was a regional game against someone from HK

Offline cmoney

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 05:55:44 PM »
 I haven't even been able to join a regional game. Fill up all the dots and bam, they all go away. It really gets me down. Then I just pop in Partners and Time and forget all about it. Bah

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 11:28:24 AM »
I played Mario with no problem...and I play Worldwide (no Friend Code) more often than I do the others, the only time anyone's disconnected on me was when they were in a losing situation...

Which is something else I've noticed.  People realize they're going to get a loss either way, so they disconnect to take away a potential win from their opponent.  WTF?  People who get disconnected on deserve a win.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline cjherrey

• View Profile
Re: Dropping Players from other countries?
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 11:28:06 PM »
I actually stay connected to the Aussies pretty well, I get a lot of disconnects when playing Regional actually.  And not just because of the losing losers, I only really get error messages when tryinbg to connect to Regional as well.  Strange.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:38:12 PM by MegaByte »