Author Topic: Miyamoto interview! Heaps of news!  (Read 11328 times)

Offline IllegalCheeser

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Miyamoto interview! Heaps of news!
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2003, 04:42:59 AM »
Whoever was talking about making a stinky game or whatever, I said nothing about that. You have to face the facts that the majority of people who bought GTA are casual gamers.  I don't even think this is an arguable point.  There are just more casuals out there.  And they are not going to dish out the money to pay for all the stuff to get the GBA GC connection.  I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I use it myself.  But it's simply too much hassle for casual gamers to get into, that gives them just a little added bonus.
Don't Put Marbles in Your Nose!

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2003, 05:50:07 AM »
IllegalCheeser has a point.
All the things that came out of GBA/NGCwere sort of gimmicks except in Animal Crossing.
Nintendo has to come up with really good GBA/NGC connection franchises were u can play on your GBA and NGA on teh same game.

El Pollo Diablos
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2003, 06:03:41 AM »

Good thing EA published console games are a lot better than their PC published games which are usually rushed, buggy, and completely unoptimized POS.

i dont really agree with this. all their sports games on pc are exactly same as the console counterparts, battlefield 1942 is amazing, i think they are also publishing c&c generals which looks amazing as well.
whats wrong with EA pc games?   (sorry for talking so much about pc on a cube forum hehe)

Offline WhoDey

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2003, 06:57:36 AM »
The problem I have had with the whole GC/GBA connectivity is that so far it's almost all geared toward giving the GC game the bonuses. In other words, if you have a GC game the GBA can enhance it a little if you own one. They are going the wrong direction with that. The GBA is having no problem selling, it's the GC that needs the boost. They need to make GBA owners think they need the GC.

They should take their biggest GBA games (like Pokemon) and make it connect to the GC to give the GBA owners incentive to want to buy the GC. I'm not up-to-date with the whole Pokemon situation but don't you need the GBA game to make the upcoming GC game work? I think I read about that somewhere and I think it has potential although I'm skeptical about the connectivity being necessary. Anyway, have a GBA pokemon game, connect it to your GC and all of a sudden you've got new areas to explore and new pokemon to find. Just watch how something that simple begins to sell GC's, especially in Japan.

I can't believe the GC and GBA have been out together for more than a year and Nintendo hasn't exploited this.

But reading that interview, there is no doubt in my mind that I have chosen the best system for me. It's too bad that I don't agree with the mainstream but so be it. Nintendo is where it's at.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2003, 07:16:34 AM »
What does slightly(but only very slightly) dissapoint me is that it seems as though Pikmin 2 wasnt graphically updated according to the lucky viewers. But I guess that doesnt matter since Pikmin already had rocking graphics.

Im really excited about Mario 128, most wanted Shiggy game after Wind Waker, perhaps even more. After all, hes spent ages on that game.

Did Shigsy actually say that Mario Kart was finished? If so, why dont they release it, same with 1080, WTF, why hesitate to release a HIT??????
LZ 2005

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2003, 11:50:18 AM »
Actually, I think he meant that the video for Mario Kart was finished.  Having these things translated and transcribed sometimes loses a little meaning.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2003, 12:28:28 PM »

More importantly, we need to find something that is a substitute for Grand Theft Auto, in terms of a game that sells. It's our mission to find an alternative that is unique and non-violent. One of the answers is the connectivity offered by GameCube and GBA.

sadly he doesnt understand the American market.

oh well
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2003, 01:36:15 PM »
the American market is more about instant gratification and excellent graphics. GTA3 and GTA3: Vice City would be less successful if their graphics were mediocre and the gameplay too uneventful.

Miyamoto understands enough about that market to know that non-violent games do have a chance, and that innovation is smiled upon. GTA3 was innovative btw. it's more than just some violent game.
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline Calibretto

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2003, 05:09:31 AM »

Originally posted by: WhoDey
The problem I have had with the whole GC/GBA connectivity is that so far it's almost all geared toward giving the GC game the bonuses. In other words, if you have a GC game the GBA can enhance it a little if you own one. They are going the wrong direction with that. The GBA is having no problem selling, it's the GC that needs the boost. They need to make GBA owners think they need the GC.

That is a very good observation, and I agree that Nintendo should explore this aspect of the GBA/GC conectivity.  As it is now, the conectivity is a nice feature, but not a system seller (in my opinion at least.)  This approach may help reverse that. Keep the GC bonuses too, but increase the GBA bonuses as well.

Also I would love to see more free N64 ports or even Super Nintendo ports given out with preorders as Nintendo did with the Zelda preorder.  That would be spectacular.  But I doubt Nintendo will do it too often; amybe for one or two other games. I wonder how much money it cost to release the Zelda preorder disc, versus how much they make back in preorders and sales.
"This makes the master of the Gun-Katas an opponent not to be taken lightly..."