Author Topic: Problems with my Cube  (Read 6201 times)

Offline IceLRR

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« on: February 20, 2003, 09:46:55 AM »
I was just wonderin if people hav the same problem with their Gamecube as I do. At random times, occasionally my Cube will get a read error and make a disgusting painful to hear sound. Its almost like it breaks, but all i hav to do is restart it. It happens when i turn it on and sometimes while loading. I got my gamecube when it first came out. Any suggestions or feedback will be appreciated.

Offline BestGamerPeriod

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 11:50:16 AM »
Hey yeah and i got mine when it first came out too! Maybe there was some sort of problem with  those cubes when they first came out....

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 11:58:36 AM »
Not to say that its not a design flaw, but I got mine when they first came out and the only trouble I have is a sticky open button, anyone noticed that?
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 12:02:23 PM »
I got it when it first came out, and it made a wee bit o odd noises.  then i accidently droped in when bringing it upstairs.  The it never had a problem again.

HOORAY GRAVITY!
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline SirLarr

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 12:49:25 PM »
My open button sticks sometimes too, I just figured it was because I spilled something in it.

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 12:54:08 PM »
I could've spilled something on it, but when I push it in it looks like it goes crooked. It will come up on its own, but I speed it with one or two flicks.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline Demonhunter

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 01:01:59 PM »
My gamecube makes a chigga chigga noise when it starts up, but I think thats just it shwhooshing the disk around.

By the way... RahXepheon... about the signature...

The soul has 3 parts. Growing, Sensation, and Rationality. PLants have 1, animal have 2, but only Humans have a complete soul. Rationality is what makes us NOT just animals.

Plants have sensation too. Venus fly traps KNOW when there is a fly in them. Heh heh... Animals can rationalize to, how do you think parrots speak or chimps solve simple math problems? (they can)  

Offline Dolphin64X

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 01:07:16 PM »
Dude, it's really not meant to be taken literally like that.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us," said one Xbox to the other.

"Heck, if Microsoft packaged that eight-minute playable level as a full game it would rank higher than just about any other Xbox game since the original Halo."
-IGNXBOX

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2003, 02:37:01 PM »
Well I got mine in December (not when it first came out) and it hasn't made any "weird" noises....yet.
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline IceLRR

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2003, 08:06:05 PM »
it seems that my cube is the only one that is messed up. oh well, if it breaks, i can get a new one for 150 plus 2 games. thanx everbody

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2003, 08:25:51 PM »
Demon hunter, this was made by the famous Greek Philosopher aristotle.  Almost everything he has written has been proven false, but it is still amazing to see his rationalization process working without science.  He single handedly invented the feild of Physics and Biology.  If you read the Nicomecacean Ethics you would understand.  I know it is not true, but it is still cool.
Also He refers to these thing as sort of the purpose in their lives, venus flytraps don't live for sensation, they live to grow to big plants.  Animals live to eat, fight and mate.  Humans could arguably be said to live for these things, but their are to many exceptions.  his point was not that Animals couldn't rationalize, it is that they DON'T do it in their everyday activity.  Also i could argue that the venus flytrap is not solely a plant, but rather a hybrid.  It consumes things plants don't and it acts diffrently, having a muscle system.  Also you could say that the ape doing math is just a more complex version of Pavlov's dog.

Oh and my gamecube is working fine today, but my GF's best freind's broke.  Just stopped working completely after owning for a couple of days.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline gopher

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2003, 08:48:38 PM »
I also got the sticky eject button problem and nothing spilled into it. it just happened over time and i got my cube the first christmass that was around with the cube. I got my cube fixed for having a read errors awhile back and they on the side fixed the button for awhile but now its starting to come back. My work around is just slide your finger left to right on the button and it will gradually start to come back up

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2003, 08:51:04 PM »
that sounds like while on the assembly line, they probably cut a piece to short.  Maybe their is a bad spring in the ejector itself.  that happened to my CD player.
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2003, 08:54:54 PM »
I to have the sticky eject button problem except that the button isnt sticky it just gets stuck sometimes and wont come back up. And the button is also crooked. Thank god im not the only one

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2003, 07:26:13 AM »
Hey, I needed to start this thread up again, because I have a problem with mine: this morning, after I got up, I tried turning on my cube with Sonic Adventure 2 in it.  The gamecube wouldn't read the disc.  I...ok, to tell the truth, I freaked out.  I quickly popped in my Zelda Bonus disc (the one with OoT) and it worked fine.  Then I put SA2 back in and it worked that time.  I don't think that would be something wrong with the disc, so did my gamecube just have one of its "senior-moments," because I did get it when it was launched back in Nov '01.  If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.  (Oh, and Demon, only humans have the ability to rationalize, other animals act only by instinct, rationalization means the ability to make decisions based on the consequences.  Humans are the only creatures able to do that.  A chimp may be able to solve a problem like that if he knows he is going to get a banana, but he will not solve the problem from his own want to know the answer.  That, my friend, is rationalization.)
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Tokerev

• View Profile
Problems with my Cube
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2003, 08:54:37 AM »
I had the same problem. the first thing i did, becuase i thought it was so obvious was call nintendo. Anyways, call them up and tell them your problem. For me the scheduled a next day pickup from fed ex. It was shipped, fixed, and returned in 7 real days. I sent it out on a monday and got it back the next monday. good luck !!