Author Topic: Official Descusion: What do you think the next major franchise will be by Miyamoto?  (Read 15547 times)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
What do you think the next major franchise will be by Miyamoto?
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2003, 10:30:47 AM »

Increase the boob size of Peach.

Yeah, Nintendo could get Tecmo to help them there...

Anyway, you want a mature Mario game? I got your mature Mario game right here!
Well, not really. But watch as I type out random crap in the form of a mature Mario based game!

Alrighty, *cracks knuckles, hands fall off, replaces with bread sticks*
Mario comes back from his sunny holiday and the game begins on the airplane (Much like SMS) except you'll see Mario and Peach in the bathroom, uh, joining the mile-high club.
They land back in the Mushroom Kingdom, to find the Dr. Robotnik has turned all his mushroom friends into robots. "Holy sh!t-a!" Mario yells as he witnesses the robotic madness.

Did I mention the whole landscape has turned into a dark, gritty, depressing world filled with endless pain? No? Well it has!
Mario rips off his plumbing clothes and goes around with nothing more than a smile (Adding a unique Nintendo difference to sex appeal)
Princess mounts him right there, but he pushes her off.
Then all of a sudden a beer can comes and snatches away the Princess, inside, is Bowser! OMG WTF!!11 Mario screams in anger.

So the princess is now gone, and a cool wind is blowing Mario in more ways than one.
Off he goes.
He now has his punch function back from Mario 64, along with a chainsaw and a glue stick. Along comes four goomba's, Mario's eyes glow red and he starts glowing, "Where's my bitch?!" He screams.

They eat cake.
Now Mario is pissed. You have full access to your chainsaw, where you proceed to cut their flesh, blood sprays everywhere (Think Evangelion style blood sprays)
The lifeless bodies slump to the ground, lying in a pool of dark blood and body meat.

Now you can collect the intestines. Getting 50 will make Mario go into "Dance mode" where he'll pull out his DDR mat and dance like crazy. Since he's so fat, his groovy dancing will cause an earthquake and kill everything on screen.

If Mario is low on energy, he'll start swearing. You can drink blood to regain some energy, but to fully recover, you'll have to enjoy quality time behind a tree or something.

Anyway, this all continues for a while, there are boss fights and the usual platform type things (Racing levels, sliding levels, tearing out eyeballs and popping them with your glue stick)

The boss fights take form of a drinking contest. When you're both pissed out of your mind, you fight in a comical, disturbing way. Mario has bad bowel problems when he drinks, so watch out, he might need to take a leak, or a dump. This can leave you open for attack.
Simply aim for their robotic heads with the chainsaw. Blood will come out. Why? Blood always seems to come out of robots in games and anime.

This is only the rough plan.
Once again, I learnt this info from my friend at Nintendo Australia.

*Nods head*

Crap, my internet connection has been idle for 15 minutes! =P

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2003, 11:14:55 AM »

You don't have any authority to label your thread official, so please don't. -Bloodworth

Isn't this topic a POLL and therefore should be closed?

Offline BestGamerPeriod

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2003, 11:20:37 AM »
That sounds great! You seem to give mario a real blend but since i am the creator of this topic and i have noticed that both me and the readers have gone rather off topic lets get back to the topic. What do you think the next big mario story or franchise will be???

Offline BestGamerPeriod

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2003, 11:23:07 AM »
this is not a poll!!!! This is simply to guess what the next major mario story will be.

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2003, 11:30:19 AM »
Since we are doing Mario skits, here is one for a GTA copy:

After his rough vacation, Mario and the gang decide to head back to the Mushroom Kingdom. Unfortunately, the plane is low on fuel, so it takes a detour into Las Vegas. In addition, the plane finds some engine troubles and decides to take repairs for 2-3 days. In the meantime, Mario and the gang decide to actually have a vacation...or so they think. Peach, as clumsy as she is, is kidnapped by mob bosses, and force her to become a hooker. When Mario finds out, they threaten him that they would kill Peach, unless if he did some "chores" for them. Mario, thinking it is harmless agrees. They also tell him to change his style in clothes. So Mario changes into a black suit, black sunglasses, and an assault rifle instead of a water pack. His missions progress, getting upgrades. For example, he receives a flamethrower in return of his fire blast. He wins specific weapons and beer (replacement of mushrooms). As you might have guessed, their stay in Vegas went overdue, so now Mario is stuck. After a while, Mario discovers the Luigi is the mastermind behind the schemes and they have a gang war.

More to come...

Offline BestGamerPeriod

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2003, 11:43:58 AM »
All you need there is to include that the cops will chase you just like in GTA! That would make the action a lot beter.

Now for my story....

On their way back still on the plane they run low on fuel and come crashing down to a desserted island thats the size of something as big as you can imagine. Then he sees Bowser hiding behind a tree. ( The island bowser got stranded on in SMS). Bowser attempts to snag peach once again but fails.
It then turns out that this means war!!! Mario and bowser start a wacky battle throwing coconuts at each other when the first of almost a 100 battles are faught the two enemies build their qwn bases. During the night Bowser the cheater sneaks into Mario's base and catches peach and takes her to his base.
Then when Mario and the little toad thingys wake up they all realize that shes gone. Now its up to Mario to rescue peach by going threw bowsers Powerful base and his unexpected round of all the classes of koopas and goombas. Then not mention Baby Bowser who was guarding the entrance......??

Offline Frostie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2003, 01:03:59 PM »
Okay here it goes....

<scene establishing shot of Bowser's castle>

A yellow blob <it's far away> waddles towards the drawbridge.

<Ding Dong>

<cut to see it's Wario standing outside the huge door with a briefcase.>

<stomp stomp stomp!>

<door opens, it's bowser>

"What is it!"

Wario: "You interested in the Mushroompia Encylopedia"

Bowser: "No, I'm interested in the Mushroom Kingdom"

Wario: "Well, have a rotten day."

<Wario schemes to make Bowser incredibly mad by becomping King of the Kingdom Bowser so desires.  He will do this by capturing Peach.  Mario will be very angry as Peach promised him some cake, so immediantly he heads over to Bowser Castle and bypasses all the tricks and traps>

TextThis will be the tutorial level.  But once Mario confronts Bowser, they put 2 and 2 together, and decide to team up.  Mario wants to get Peach and Bowser wants to seriously hurt Wario.

I'd say the play style would be like the Lost Vikings.  You swap between the two to get past obstacles and complete the level.
Move along.  Nothing to see here.

Offline Demonhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2003, 01:30:01 PM »
Mario gets high on mushrooms and smokes pirhana plant leaves

Offline Jonk

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2003, 01:45:21 PM »
I believe that it would be cool to have a New EarthBound, but we are talking about a new franchise here. Since Megamoto has done space, the jungle, and mario, I believe that it might be a RPG related to water or some sort of focusing earth element (Rock, fire, etc) The reason why I say water is that the area of underwater hasnt been touched on much in videogames and it a great new place to have an adventure. Mario Sunshine and the new Zelda start pointing towards a water element and I belive this may be leading to the project that he wants to create.
A Zealous Imagineer

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2003, 02:00:40 PM »
Looks like I will have to say it again.

-------------------------------------------->>>>>>> A 4 PLAYER MARIO GAME! <<<<<<<--------------------------------------------

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2003, 02:07:00 PM »
Mmmm... Four player Mario game. It'd be like Super Mario Bros. 2 (Western version), but we'd have Mario, Luigi, Toad and Princess all fighting over what crap to pull out of the ground.

NO NO, THAT TURNIPS MINE BITCH!

Offline BestGamerPeriod

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2003, 03:39:55 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What a laugh. You guys seem to have a big and humorous imagination.

I really like that 4 player mario game idea! It seems to have a totaly new dimension to the mario games but not nothing stupid like super mario bros 2 that was just retarded.....

Offline JSR

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2003, 03:40:00 PM »
Four-player Mario would be cool. But I think a SMB3 remake would be awesome! Think about, SMB3 in 3D! That would be sweet. Of course, it would still be side-scrolling. Maybe throw in a bunch of new levels too!
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2003, 06:34:17 PM »
Oh yeah, a semi 3D Super Mario 3. would be better than an ATM spewing money. Well, not really.

*Thinks about 3D Mario hopping around in his 3D boot while looking at the 3D background complete with 3D lens flare*
Mmm... 3D.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2003, 07:44:52 PM »
The NEXT franchise, people.

Personally, I'd like him to venture into something he's never ventured into before. We already have sci-fi (Metroid), medieval fantasy (Zelda), real-world-with-a-twist (Pokemon), strategy (Pikmin) and platforming (Mario).

What I would give to see him make an ADVENTURE game. He could single-handedly revive my favorite genre ever, and everybody else would jump on the bandwagon and it wouldn't be dead anymore.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, you're missing out. Buy and play Grim Fandango (my second-favorite game ever, first is Metroid Prime) and come back a changed person.

Ah, but it's not gonna happen.

*Goes and cries in corner*
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2003, 08:16:28 PM »
i would really like Miyamoto-san to make an RPG.  He worked with Square on Mario RPG, on my top 5 games list.  Why not bring that back.  An rpg can work well in making sequels, and can look very nice too.  the RPG is my favorite genre because of the stories they tell.  I would like to see the other side of Miyamoto-san's coin, we all know his ingenuity in games, but i would like to see some plot.  But as PaLaDiN says, it probably won't happen.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline BestGamerPeriod

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2003, 12:04:43 PM »
That souds waesome especialy another rpg

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2003, 12:49:38 PM »
Paladin, I believe Zelda is considered an adventure title. (Plus the stuff you called it).

Offline SGT Killjoy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2003, 03:11:13 PM »
Maybe it will be an all out fighting game ala Dynasty Warriors. But really, the guy is such a maniac who knows what genius he'll spew out next

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2003, 04:10:48 PM »
actually it would be very cool for them to makea game in the rpg genre. As long as Nintendo innovates and puts their all into it they could have a very lucrative title. When talkign to most people if they here an
RPG is comign out they automatically want it. Sure there are a few drawbacks to the genre, but they are actually a type of game most people want. Nintendo so far has earthbound and pokemon. They have games that have rpg elements like zelda, advance wars and fire emblem, marioRPGS. It would be a very good  move if Nintendo made a new rpg series. They would seriously attract customers.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2003, 08:12:15 AM »
It think FF: Crystal Chronicles could fill that hole of an RPG.

Offline BestGamerPeriod

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2003, 05:41:22 AM »
Helllooooooo! Back on topic please.