Author Topic: Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized  (Read 305521 times)

Offline Knoxxville

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2006, 06:21:44 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Wandering and maybe Kairon:

Because there are several games I want to play.

Ok.  lets run through.  I want to play New Mario, Legend of Zelda, Red Steel, Super Smash Brothers Revolution, Zelda DS, Metroid Prime Revolution.

Those are just the games I think are coming out this year...and I may potentially have many more games I want to play.

Right now I am already limited to how many games I can buy.  (Probably 4-5)  Of those games, if one is so long that it takes me 1/4 of a year to beat with my schedule then I will probably NEVER FINISH IT.  That is a problem.  Or it means I will only buy 3 games so I can beat all of them.

Right now I think I have 3-4 games in my collection I enjoyed and really loved the game, but I have never beaten it because I got distracted with other games.  Some of them include really amazing games you would think everyone would finish.

This might be a little OT, but what you wrote right here, Spak-Spang, is the one of the biggest reasons why I feel we are rocketing toward another videogame industry crash that will make Atari's crash in the 80's seem pale by comparison.  Add this to increased used games sales and so many multiconsole releases and it's eventually going to equal disaster.  Just take a hard look around the next time you go to a game store and peep ALLLLLLL the used games that are slowly but surely selling for next to nothing and how quickly new game prices get slashed mere weeks after release if demand does not meet supply.

The good news is, I can't WAIT for the "buy 1, get 10 free" sales late in this decade!  JEEYEAH!!

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2006, 01:07:42 PM »
The Grapple Beam will be so much fun! Seriously, imagine pointing, shooting, latching, releasing, freefalling until you see another accessible spot, etc.

It will be better than webslinging, mark my words
I'll shut up now...

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2006, 01:40:58 PM »
I've been thinking that releasing the grapple beam as if it was a whip could be really cool.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2006, 02:05:13 PM »
"You're both pathetic."

Seconded.  I finish every single game I play, often to 100% completion (or as close as is humanly possible).
Only game I currently own that I haven't finished is Fire Emblem, which I'm saving for summer, and I'm already partway through it.
SHAME :p
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2006, 02:37:34 PM »
Hey! How exactly am I supposed to survey the e trapped into finishing everymaddeningly wide list of topics I find necessary for my creative and personal development if I let myself finishing every game I touch?

At a certain point, I can learn more about narratives and stories and real human experiences by watching a 2 hour netflix movie than from subjecting myself to a game which I've absorbed oodles of info from already and bear little or no enthusiasm for.

This is about my quest for knowledge, not my quest for "most finished games" recognition.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com  
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2006, 12:58:52 PM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
I've been thinking that releasing the grapple beam as if it was a whip could be really cool.

Retro Loves me

So, new videos!, the visuals are looking great, and I like that bit where Samus was going through a rail path using the grapple bean, but it lacked detail to be honest and the animation of Samus was a bit stiffy, but overall Im very happy with what I saw.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2006, 01:07:33 PM »
Well it's more of a prod than a whip =D

Oh, about the GI videos.
60MB for 2.5min of footage at 15fps is shittee.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2006, 01:39:02 PM »
heh, true, but theres also the enphasis on the single player above the multiplayer which is non-existant, and they used the grapple beam more so Im happy

Samus coming out from below the ship rather than above is weird, I didnt like it that much in fusion or now in corruption, nothing is as cool as Samus doing an double jump when she gets out of the ship with the traditional fanfare appearance song.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2006, 01:40:10 PM »
Retro is really working on making a very balanced and even game experience...much more than the original two Metroid Prime games were.

I have been very impressed with what I have been shown.

Responding to those that comment on me completing games:

Besides the comments about time, I also get easily distracted.  Usually I get a single game at a time, until I beat it...because if I get more than one most likely I won't beat the game, but instead get completely distracted by the other game...sometimes I go back, sometimes I don't.

This happens also if I stop the game for a period of time because school, work, life in general.

I guess its just a flaw of mine.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2006, 01:43:09 PM »
Hey, the graphics were much better than I thought =o  Large environments and shiny stuff =

I know Ian will hate it, but I think it's pretty cool that Samus gets to interact with Galactic Federation troops and stuff like that.  The bounty-hunter side hasn't really been explored yet, and while I don't want there to be TOO much of it, it's cool to see it acknowleged and included.  I'm sure later on in the game you'll be alone on other planets.  I can't say I'm too fond of the idea of other bounty hunters, but whatever, as long as it's fun.

I would like to see a video of expert mode though....That was pretty sluggish =\
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2006, 02:32:30 PM »
"I know Ian will hate it, but I think it's pretty cool that Samus gets to interact with Galactic Federation troops and stuff like that."

Ah, whatever.  I'm just so happy they're still making "real" Metroid games.  I was really scared that Metroid Prime Hunters was going to be the template for future titles what with the remote's design supposedly being perfect for first person shooters.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2006, 03:15:39 PM »
I'm happy Prime3 is entirely designed for 60fps fluidity.

There's no excuse for jumpy framerates with today's technology.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2006, 03:20:56 PM »

There's no excuse for jumpy framerates with today's technology.

Unless your making a game called Too Human

Offline Fro

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2006, 04:00:20 PM »
There's definitely going to be more action, if the demo is any indication on the final game.  And probably a lot less backtracking.

The reason that video looks a little stilted is Game Informer encoded it at 15 fps.  The actual game is 60 fps.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2006, 07:07:11 PM »
I know.  I did mention the video was "shittee" in the previous page.

And no, don't be lenient on Too Human.

Offline attackslug

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2006, 08:01:59 PM »
The game DOES look much better than previously reported.  The lighting model is slick this time around.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2006, 11:13:50 PM »
shouldn't there be a new topic on this?  the first video looked good, i don't understand why i havn't seen this yet if it was at E3.

edit: i thought all the videos were new.  damn, you got my hopes up.

the nunchuck's accelorometers are on their way to gimm!ckville, it really sounds un-intuitive.  they should allow the player to use the remote to control the grapple beam (just make it a beam already) and the levers where you pull and turn and push.

Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2006, 11:32:17 PM »

the nunchuck's accelorometers are on their way to gimm!ckville, it really sounds un-intuitive. they should allow the player to use the remote to control the grapple beam (just make it a beam already) and the levers where you pull and turn and push.

but...beams aren't switchable in this game...

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2006, 11:43:44 PM »
What do you mean?  What else am I missing about how this game controls?  Shouldn't the dpad be able to cycle through visors and beams?  Why do we need seperate buttons for the grapple, missile, and cannon?

Why is Japan trying to make this so complicated, it should be fairly simple to put a shooter on this controller.  They talk a lot about streamlining and all they do is make it more complex, even the GameInformer editor, a person who makes their living playing games, had trouble playing in the videos.  I've been a real supporter of this new interface and very much so because of how poorly the first two Metroid Prime games controlled; it is disheartening for this thing to have turned out so bass-ackwards.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2006, 12:09:09 AM »
Get out!  Your sarcasm has nothing to do with DS sales!

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2006, 04:51:45 AM »
haha

Seriously, how is stacking beams more complicated than having to change between them?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2006, 05:23:23 AM »

Originally posted by: nemo_83

Why is Japan trying to make this so complicated, it should be fairly simple to put a shooter on this controller.  They talk a lot about streamlining and all they do is make it more complex, even the GameInformer editor, a person who makes their living playing games, had trouble playing in the videos.  I've been a real supporter of this new interface and very much so because of how poorly the first two Metroid Prime games controlled; it is disheartening for this thing to have turned out so bass-ackwards.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2006, 07:51:22 AM »
two thigns.

1. where the hell has Nemo been that he's missed all this MP3 info?
and..

2. Samus uses grapple beam to ride a rail like some sort of roller coaster
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2006, 08:12:16 AM »
Thats the one part that seriously lacked detail as I said before, maybe is because of the draw distance, but Im sure Retro can do better than that, its like some hexagons put together to make the rail and thats it.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2006, 08:29:35 AM »
In the demo...

the ship did two things: blow up a wall, and carry an object away

After watching that, I feel the need to play this before I play Zelda.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer