Author Topic: Nanostray: And now I understand...  (Read 8114 times)

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nanostray: And now I understand...
« on: June 23, 2005, 06:17:31 PM »
why I bought a DS. Not that the game that I do own aren't fun but this is looking like a classic. A throwback to the games of yesteryear when gameplay was the... ahh just check out the vids. Yummy  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
RE:Nanostray: And now I understand...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 09:45:33 PM »
I've got my fingers crossed over here, this had better be good given all the effort that's being put into it.  Fortunately I've primarily seen praise for the game so heres hoping that the game stays on it's path when it's released.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »
Thanks - I've been looking for a vid of this game for a long time. It looks great, as expected, but I'm curious to see just how good it plays.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Nanostray: And now I understand...
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 10:30:03 PM »
I'm still doubtful. Iridion 2 looked nice and got good reviews but was pretty bad to play. Especially the difficulty was mostly too easy.

Offline ABlueflameA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 05:40:48 AM »
If the E3 demo is any indication, the game is actually quite difficult.  Granted, I may have been playing a level that isn't reached until late in the game (it had about 4 weapons), I'm not really sure.  But I died about 5 times in 2 minutes of gameplay and I wasn't even being distracted by any booth babes.  If you're worried its going to be too easy, don't be.

-Blueflame
Yea! Ramen!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 07:12:13 AM »
In Ikaruga level 4 I die 10 times in 20 seconds so that's not that high a difficulty .

Were all the guns useful and doing enough damage? I2 had six guns and I used only one because the rest either lacked spread or fire rate or just didn't do any damage.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 09:18:06 AM »

In Ikaruga level 4 I die 10 times in 20 seconds
That's because level four sucks.  I've never beaten that level without dying at least five times.  The only part worse than that level is the level three boss.  I still can't get the pattern down.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 01:34:58 PM »
Hey can somebody post something about this game. Impressions, review link etc. I wont be able to pick up this game until wed.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline MrMojoRising

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 03:10:08 PM »

Originally posted by: Nile Boogie
Hey can somebody post something about this game. Impressions, review link etc. I wont be able to pick up this game until wed.

Here's the only review I've seen so far:

1up Nanoview

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 04:03:09 PM »
IGN's got one up
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 04:11:44 PM »
That's funny.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 08:18:29 AM »
So I go to my local EB Games today to buy Nanostray, and guess what? The clerk tells me that "the game has been canceled". I try to talk to him and convince him that it was not canceled, and that he should already have it, so he checks his computer, and tells me "Nope...we won't carry this game."

What the heck?!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 08:37:27 AM »
Torensu, that's very strange. I checked EBGames.com, and it turned up zero results. I checked GameStop.com, and they appeared to have it listed, but when I checked for available units in my area, I was given a message that would usually appear for a game that either hadn't arrived yet or was cancelled. Curiouser and curiouser. I'll look into this matter further.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 12:40:12 PM »
Cancelled...hahah...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 12:51:19 PM »
I just checked GameStop, and there are a half dozen stores within a few miles of me that have the game.  Perhaps Florida just sucks.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 02:56:03 PM »
Hehe. That's a strong possibility, vudu.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2005, 08:07:58 PM »
Apparently Majesco's financial problems are what's causing the shortage of Nanostray copies.  I managed to snag mine from Toys R Us, after being told at Gamestop that despite a PREORDER they didn't order any copies and DON'T PLAN TO!  I'm feeling sorry for Shin'en right now cuz man this game = ownage.  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 10:16:20 AM »
Yeah I definately agree that there is a major shortage going on.  I still think its funny that EBGames employees outright lie to people though for no good reason.  I haven't been able to find a copy yet, and neither has a friend of mine who is looking even more dilligently than I am.  We are in western New York.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline ABlueflameA

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 10:21:09 AM »
I just got back from my EB in Winter Park, FL  and he said that EB isn't going to carry the game...ever.  Generally, most people who work for game stores are outright morons, however, the staff at this particular EB is outstanding.  When he (asst. manager) says that they aren't going to carry Nanostray, he means it.  

Just a random thing, EB is still carrying Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but in order to buy it they have to get it from the back of the store, they aren't allowed to display it because of its AO rating, and they are carding people for it.

-Blueflame
Yea! Ramen!

Offline Mr. Segali

• PAY YOUR RENT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 09:14:46 AM »
Weird, the GameStops in my area (San Diego) don't seem to have any in stock either. I guess I'll have to order this baby online...
Imported Super Princess Peach

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 11:47:41 AM »
Well, that's it. No Nanostray for me. I've been to EB Games, EBX, GameStop, Babbages, CompUSA, K-mart, Walmart and NO ONE has this game. Whenever I ask, they are like "Huh? Don't know when it will come out..."

This is very frustrating, guess I'll have to order online, or keep digging.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 12:28:32 PM »
...I don't know why anyone bothers looking for it in stores...there's tons of stock online, just order i...unless you care about like 3 dollar shipping costs...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2005, 12:57:59 PM »
Yeah, online is often the easiest way for games like this.  Of course, you usually need a credit card for that...
I heard that a second shipment is due soon, actually.  I read it on...GAF, maybe?
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 01:22:26 PM »
If it's any consolation, although the game is a lot of fun, that fun only lasts about 2 hours.

The shine wore off of this one real quick for me.  Even for a shmup this game is too shallow, and too short.

Offline MrMojoRising

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 02:03:29 PM »
I saw one in my local gamestop, but I don't have money and I have a list of games to buy before this one...it's ironic because I found one and I don't want it, whereas others who specifically want it can't find it, oh the irony...the irony indeed...