Author Topic: Radica and Immersion Team Up For Game Peripherals  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Radica and Immersion Team Up For Game Peripherals
« on: April 25, 2005, 10:37:07 AM »
In partnership, the two companies will create tacticle feedback gaming accessories.

Immersion Signs License Agreement with Radica USA and Radica UK Ltd. for Tactile Feedback Gaming Peripherals    

SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 25, 2005--Immersion Corporation (Nasdaq:IMMR), a leading developer and licensor of touch feedback technology, today announced that two subsidiaries of Radica Games Ltd. -- Radica Enterprises Ltd. (also known as Radica USA) and Radica UK Ltd. -- have entered into a patent license with Immersion, including rights relating to advanced vibro-tactile, spinning mass gaming technologies.    

Radica's vibro-tactile products are sold under the Gamester brand and include game controllers and other peripherals and accessories for dedicated gaming consoles such as the Sony PlayStation and PlayStation 2, Microsoft Xbox, and Nintendo GameCube. Under the terms of the license, these products will now bear Immersion's Feel The Game(TM) TouchSense(R) Technology logo.    

"Immersion's vibro-tactile technology supports our strategy to manufacture innovative, high-tech, quality products for a wide range of audiences," said Ted Eischeid, president and chief operating officer at Radica. "Products like the Gamester Race Pac, an all-in-one combination racing seat, vibration feedback steering wheel, and racing pedals, can give players an arcade-level racing experience right at home."    

"Through Radica's subsidiaries in the U.S. and U.K., products like the Gamester Phoenix gamepad reach broad markets in numerous countries via major retailers selling video games and video games accessories," said Dean Chang, Immersion chief technology officer and vice president of Immersion's Gaming business. "With Gamester's historically strong roots in the U.K. and the rest of Europe, we're able to further extend the benefits of our TouchSense technology to gamers worldwide."

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!