Author Topic: Official Signature Discussion  (Read 19281 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Official Signature Discussion
« on: February 06, 2005, 10:09:30 AM »
Here's where you can attract attention to your sig (which my brain usually ignores automatically), and say why you have it.  I'd thought we had a thread like this before, but couldn't find it.

Mine is from a Nintendo Power interview with David Doak at Free Radical, previewing TimeSplitters Future Perfect.  I haven't played the others, but I may check this one out.  In any case, I think it's a great quote, and it makes me a little more interested in Free Radical's work.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Official Signature Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 10:15:13 AM »
That's because Dr. Doak is a genius...

Mine's to warn Revolution-info-seeking gamers not to believe everything they see on the interweb...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 10:24:05 AM »
Mine comes from the genius of Barry Burton in the original Resident Evil.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Noble~Feather

• DS Sp@Mm3r
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Official Signature Discussion
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 10:30:26 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
That's because Dr. Doak is a genius...

Mine's to warn Revolution-info-seeking gamers not to believe everything they see on the interweb...

Ah... ha... ha...

Anyway... my sig is of yet-to-be announced DS games, which I got a wee bit excited when I heard of them... so I just wanted to share the joy.
This message has been approved by Noble Feather.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 01:36:44 PM »
I don't even know what mine is right now...

edit:  And now I do, mine comes from my favorite president  (and fellow Texan) talking about how he's ruthless...
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 02:16:01 PM »
Mine's from Curse of Monkey Island.

Pappapishu means ouch.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 02:35:40 PM »
I only have mine because it looks weird to end a post without a sig.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 02:35:41 PM »
I don't like a lot of lines, but I DO like tiku tiku tiku

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 09:29:32 PM »
Mine is from Command and Conquer : Tiberian Sun, an underrated above-average Computer RTS.  Whenever I see Nintendo or another game company try something new and controversial, I always think of this quote by the bad guy, Kane.  While everybody else lines up to call something gimmicky, I ponder the possibility of the "gimmick" to become the next big thing.  It may.  It may not.  But that is still no reason to dismiss it outright.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Caillan

• Token New Zealander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005, 09:55:53 PM »
Mine is a mantra said to envelope in meaning the entirety of the Tibetan-Buddhist sutras (presumably Gelug), which reportedly take several lifetimes to learn. Pretty nifty eh? Phonetically I believe it should be pronounced "om mahni pehme hung". It requres no initiation from a lama, so it is okay for anyone to use.

In Tibetan Buddhism prayer wheels can be spun instead of saying prayers, so by saving this somewhere on my computer I have created the ultimate prayer wheel, spinning several thousand times a minute. The purity of my good karma should be superlative by now. I saw it on a website and thought it was a pretty good trick, so I put it there just to show my interest and respect for the religion.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 11:43:33 PM »
Pietriots are transformers. My sig's like FREE IPOD except links to my journal which has a serious lack of Falcon at the moment and my list of junk. Very erotic fun times.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 06:19:05 AM »
Mine reminds me of that freaking mod I should be working on right now (and would release a new version of if I knew how to check whether player.SetModel() defaulted). Goes with my avatar which is a screenshot (obviously cropped) from the mod.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 06:24:10 AM »
My sig is a quote from some quickly banned poster on this site whose inane babbling provided us with some laughs for a few seconds.  I think he was talking about connectivity.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 08:09:50 AM »
Ian, he was talking about how much it cost to play Crystal Chronicles.  The "base thing" he was referring to is the GBA Player.

Mine's a quote from some dumbass who was talking about how great the PSP is.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 09:47:47 AM »
Mine usually are my attempt to be strange.  In fact I don't even know what mine is right now, but I will know after I post this reply, imagine that.

I change mine depending on my mood, when I feel depressed I make them even stranger.

^_^
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2005, 01:21:34 PM »
Mine comes from my friend Dylan who, when ever he walks in to a conversation, or is confused by one, includes himself by saying, "Suck my. . ." and then adds in the topic of conversation.  He'll say things like, "Suck my chair!" or, "Suck my birthday!" He has other catch phrases but they're mostly just sounds and jestures.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2005, 04:11:22 AM »
Mine's horribly out of date. It collects internet dust. My dial up is worth 31 kilo bites per second today, I'm enjoying my bohemian life style.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2005, 05:32:22 PM »
Does this mean that you're back Dr. Z?
Or is this just another visit?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2005, 08:52:58 PM »
It's only a visit. He's writing a song about the pain dialup causes as we speak.
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHNNNNNNNNNNN!  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2005, 09:21:17 PM »
Let's see.  HC stands for Hostile Creation, o'course.  Honorary Aussie is back when the Aussie Thread was around and open to the public.  All the aussies said that non-aussies that posted in the thread were considered Honorary Aussies, so I've had that in there since then.  I think Ms. Pikmin was the only other one to do that, but I'm not sure.
The other one is a months-old quote from evil intentions, I think from the newbie thread.

All in all, it's an antiquated sig.  Everything may or may not apply, but I think I'll leave that to memory now.  I'll probably change my signature soon and reply back to this thread with the UPDATERED sig (with mp3 player and movie playback, of course).
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2005, 01:48:35 AM »
Mine is a metaphor for the current state of Nintendo and representive of all those who have lived after opposing the great Reginald Fils Aime.

Actually, the reason there's nothing there is to make my posts look even more empty, and to save my scrollbar.

5 cents a day, goes a long way

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2005, 01:51:34 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
Let's see.  HC stands for Hostile Creation, o'course.  Honorary Aussie is back when the Aussie Thread was around and open to the public.  All the aussies said that non-aussies that posted in the thread were considered Honorary Aussies, so I've had that in there since then.  I think Ms. Pikmin was the only other one to do that, but I'm not sure.
The other one is a months-old quote from evil intentions, I think from the newbie thread.

All in all, it's an antiquated sig.  Everything may or may not apply, but I think I'll leave that to memory now.  I'll probably change my signature soon and reply back to this thread with the UPDATERED sig (with mp3 player and movie playback, of course).

Your sig is hot.

Just wondering, will we ever be able to put banners in our sigs?  That would rock IMO.

Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2005, 01:54:07 PM »
Waste of space and it kills 56k...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2005, 05:08:14 PM »

Your sig is hot.

Likewise.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2005, 12:38:53 AM »

Just wondering, will we ever be able to put banners in our sigs? That would rock IMO.

That would destroy the forums once and for all