Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 11928 times)

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Holidays
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2004, 05:58:51 AM »
New bike, too.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2004, 08:45:55 AM »
Looks like I'm getting Astro Boy: Omega Factor.  Not that I'm complaining about the gift itself but I wanted it to be a surprise.

Yesterday I went Christmas shopping with my Mom.  I still needed to buy one gift and she wanted my advice on gifts for my brothers.  No problem, right?  We seperate so she can shop for me a bit.  I meet her at the car and she has a Best Buy bag that I can see RIGHT THROUGH thus revealing the familiar bottom of a GBA game.  ARRRGH!  Astro Boy was the only GBA game I asked for so I assume that's what it was.  I suppose she could have bought a game for my brother but according to her she already has bought all of his stuff.  I guess she could have got me some other GBA game but she's never ever bought me a game I didn't ask for (thank God).

At least I know I'll be getting something good but I didn't want to know the details early.  I don't know why my Mom can't wrap her head around the concept that a clear bag reveals what's inside.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2004, 11:07:51 AM »
Metroid Prime 2, a home theater system, might get Dual Screen.  Some other DVDs.  

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2004, 12:07:21 PM »
Spider-man 2 DVD.  lol, keep forgetting stuff.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Holidays
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2004, 05:56:37 PM »
My friend has nearly beaten Paper Mario 2 (died today on the final boss, decided to finish tomorrow), and he's getting it for Christmas.

HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2004, 08:29:05 PM »
I despreatly need a new TV so im hopping real badly santa will come through for me ><
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2004, 06:35:57 AM »
Though it's not capitalismas-related, I think my package from Hong-Kong counts: A DS (JPN, no Prime 3 Arena demo... grrrr...), a matching Sawaru Made in Wario (AWESOME game!) and Kururin Squash!.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2004, 08:02:52 AM »
Ha ha, I know how you feel, Ian! My girlfriend wants all gifts to be out in the open.  She wants to know everything she's getting, and doesn't mind telling me everything she's giving me.  I want surprises!
I will probably get a new game, but I don't know what.  Everything else is pretty much up in the air!
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2004, 08:36:15 AM »

My two front teeth.....Get it.............no.......nevermind

I GET IT.  IT'S FROM, LIKE, THE SONG.

Anyways, KDR, Kururin Squash sounds like a great game.  Kuru Kuru Kururin was a simple little game that was loads of fun, and itss GC counterpart will be the same, except +++ =D

I'm pretty sure I'm getting Ikaruga, evern though I don't think I'm going to like it.  I asked for it though, as a subsitute to Pure Evil (same price, you see), and it's a little late to change my mind =p  Also, I think I'm getting Donkey Konga too =D  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline CardBoardBox

• Official Forum Blast Processor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2004, 01:20:07 PM »
WELCOMES<<<

CHRISTMAS and NEW YEARS, and HOLIDAYS, i go no where.

ARG@computorrr   i have been without internet and computer for 2 WEEKS IMA GOING CRAZAHY but me dad just got internet on his laptop, which i can rarely ever use,...cause its his and i do things to computors <.<             >.>
anyways, me usualcomputer uhh...sorta died ;_;  and we lost all the stuff on it, we think. and it crashed ....SO NO INTERNET FOR ME yea, we have to spend the money stuff to get a new harddrive(stupid recovery disc didnt work)  and then pay more to get it working again.  now i will have no christmas because all our money goes to computer -____-.

gimme a christmas miracle (or candy)

edited:::#@##

anyways school was fun, there was a fire so the teachers eventually let us back inside and we could go to our regular locker get our stuff and leave school.  I then went searching for KN, but instead i found his brother and then his mum gave us a ride home.....and we decided to not look for kn....cause it wasnt worth it. =)  for christmas i want the DS...sorta... but it might be a late christmas present since its sold out(at every store).  i also want baiten kaitos and clothes...since i need some.  well have fun holidays.  this rant was to why i havent been posting, or on msn.  yup.bye  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2004, 03:41:15 AM »
KN: Kururin Squash is damn fun. It really benefits from the analog control. Now all I need is a few friends over to try out the multiplayer mode...

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2004, 10:17:46 AM »
I got Baten Kaitos...like in the Chicken Selects commercial for McDonalds, change the guy to me, and change the chicken selects to Baten Kaitos, and there you have it.  My Christmas present.
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2004, 06:47:53 PM »
My Christmas was a very good one.  Got several Cds, two DVDs, some other whatnots of goodness, some cash, Paper Mario 2, and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.  Both of the last two were a surprise, since my mother is very tricky and an excellent actress.
Also, most surprisingly, came from a friend.  A DS.  Yeah, like whoa.  Apparently she has connections and got it for really cheap, practically free.  I now have a DS with the Hunters demo, Super Mario 64 DS, and a case, thumbstrap, and all of that to go with it.  She also did a custom skin, what with artistic depictions of me and my friends and everything all over it, and a few quotes.  I'll post pictures of it later, perhaps.  Anyway, that was really awesome.
So thanks to my awesome family and disturbingly generous friend, my Christmas rocked.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Species Unknown

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2004, 05:25:49 PM »
My birthday/Christmas was decent.  I got mostly clothes, which is okay because I need them.  I can't say much about games.  My parents make a point NOT to buy me anything game related, for the normal reasons 50-year olds hate video games.  I bought Metroid Prime 2 and Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls for myself.  They did buy me a Law & Order DVD set, so I'm happy
Metroid Prime 2 Status: 61% scans, 31% items

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2004, 06:43:47 PM »
ey Hostile, send some pics of that DS our way!  Sounds groovy ^__^

I'd like to take this moment to wish everyone a happy new year =o

I just got back from a party, yet I'm STILL depressed.  The new year marks the end of the holiday season and vacation.  And it won't be back for another whole year.  AFTER MIDTERMS AND FRESHMAN ESSAY AND FINALS AND SUMMER AND A NEW FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.

I really get very sad this time of year.  After Christmas I get sad, because, well, the anticipation is the best part (even if it ran at an all time low this year), but I can still say "Well, I'm still off of school until new year's."  But now that THAT'S over, what is there to be excited about?  What is there to enjoy?  There's nothing at school that will make me happy.  NOTHING.  ANGST.

What was I going on about?  Oh yes, HAPPY NEW YEAR ^_^
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2004, 07:32:16 PM »
I'm off for another whole week after this weekend... ^_^

Actually, now that I think about it, that's probably not something you wanted to hear...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2004, 07:59:16 PM »
Heh...

My Christmas is on the 7th.

My university starts on the 16th.

So I still have plenty to look forward to.

Anyway, gifts... I already know some of the gifts I've got, through some detective work... I'm getting FF1&2 and some book I'm supposed to like (about some dragon) for sure. I've also got some money, which should be enough to cover a DS (when I want one), RE4, 24 season 3 and some left over.

I bought my sister the chronicles of Narnia and my little brother Sonic Advance 3. I also suggested he buy Astro Boy while he was out there buying my present, and he's very happy with it so far. Might try it later on, when he gets bored.

Finally, I played MGS3 at a friend's house and I was completely hooked, but I never got to finish it (came close though, wish I hadn't wasted my time on the crapfest that is GTASA). He's letting me borrow it, so there's one unofficial Christmas present.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2004, 08:35:06 PM »
Like always, I got socks for Christmas.  Horray!  
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2005, 04:19:26 AM »
"...some book I'm supposed to like (about some dragon)..."

If it's Eragon...holy crap it's one good book.  The author's like a 17-year-old Harvard graduate. O_O

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2005, 08:02:45 AM »
"If it's Eragon...holy crap it's one good book."

Yeah, Eragon, exactly. Sounds right up my alley.

Only thing cooler than dragons is robot dragons. Or ninja dragons, but I've never seen those. Maybe ninjas on dragons? Robots on dragons? Samus on Meta-Ridley? Holy crap that would be one sweet piece of art, if nothing else.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2005, 09:41:25 AM »
Nonono, ninja pandas beat ninja dragions by a wide margin!

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2005, 05:35:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
I'm off for another whole week after this weekend... ^_^

Actually, now that I think about it, that's probably not something you wanted to hear...

School starts this Monday for me.  They'll never find me.  *hides*
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2005, 05:17:00 AM »
Now THAT's an avatar, EI.

Yeah I got tomorrow off.  But Tuesday I'm back.  :-(

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2005, 06:20:46 AM »
School starts for me tommorow and I'll have to present a power point which I completed over 2 months ago and have totally forgooten evenything about. That sucks for me.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.