Author Topic: Nintendo DS Online?  (Read 3754 times)

Offline izzy_domain

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo DS Online?
« on: November 23, 2004, 03:49:58 AM »
ok my buddy just got the ds as a matter of fact i heard about this ds from him, but i was playin around with it the other day its awesome im getting one probably for christmas so in  month or sooo, but i mean ive doign research seeing what people have to say about its its Online Capablilties i mean that pictochat seems pointless if its not capable of going online what the point in talking to ppl that are onlin 100 ft away? ive heard that if u have a wireless router in ur house and u turn on ur DS near it that your router should start flashing sending/recieving signals, which would mean that yes ur ds is picking up and sending signals from the internet, i have not been able to test that, but further yet if ur ds does pick up on an internet conection then why arent ppl already talking to each other using pictochat?
-----------
Jake
Planet GC Rules!

Offline tacojohn

• View Profile
RE: Nintendo DS Online?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 04:35:43 AM »
Well- the main problem is that picto chat doesn't support chat over the internet (only on the local LAN created by the DS's). I haven't been able to test out if my DS is trying to connect to my basestation- I can't remember the name of the software that allows me to see who's connected/try to connect to my basestation.

Yeah- I can't wait until someone makes software like warp pipe for the DS. This is what I think Nintendo is working on with the "Demasked" or whatever its called. Some sort of tunneling software for planing LAN games over the internet.

Offline Lost101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 05:14:48 AM »
I still think its neat with pictochat, its like passing notes in class... IN THE FUTURE!!!

Seriously though I think theres a lot of potential there.  Plus you could just crack it open to see if anyone in an area is using a DS, wouldnt that be neat?  Nice way to pick up chicks me thinks.
Animal Crossing Wild World code:

3608  4016  4604

Name: Fausto
Town: Tatooine

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 09:17:48 AM »
ping pals should be online
I'll shut up now...

Offline Procoprio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 03:44:14 PM »
DS will be online by the makers of warppipe for GC http://www.demasked.com/

Offline seen33

• View Profile
RE:Nintendo DS Online?
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 05:09:41 PM »
http://www.demasked.com/ is just a face with an option for me to enter my e-mail and get spammed by some1.  where does it say anything on that site about the nintendo ds or it being online?

Offline D-Mac Double

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 07:08:38 PM »
You won't get spammed from the DeMasked mailing list.
"DeMasked" is a service being made by Warp Pipe Technologies, developers of tunnelling software which allows LAN-enabled GameCube games to be played online.

Though it's yet to be revealed what DeMasked actually is/does, it's safe to assume it'll bring DS online in some shape or form.  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 07:20:59 PM »
They need to get demasked out soon and it has to be huge...  It really is vital to the success of the DS.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 08:00:28 PM »
guys, its coming out to kill the PSP, calm down.

Offline VideoGamerJ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 08:16:17 PM »
After the way the Warppipe leader talks about his project, he makes everything seem great. If you put all of those meaningless clues/puzzles aside related (or not relating) to DemaSked, and just take the authors direct quotes, it gives you perspective on how well this online plan might work.

He says the DS hasn't even begun to show it's magic yet, and he's not talking about games. Meanwhile, all I seem to hear about the DS is:

1. WAH! I want online!
2. Dead Pixel, STUPID NINTENDO!
3. I HATE HAVING TO RESTART AFTER CHANGING A SETTING on MY DS!

Seriously. The DS is awesome!

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 09:08:23 PM »
1.  Online will come, heck xbox didn't have LIVE support right out of the box.

2.  Dead Pixel, better than disc error or battery drainage, seriously my DS hasn't given up yet.  I'm very surprised about the DS battery so far it is pretty long.

3.  DS is cartridge based what do u expect?  NES, SNES, and N64 all had to turn off before playing a different game, lazy lazy ppl, ppl these days are slackers.

Animal crossing better get some online action, whether it is true online/noline or tunneling, it just better be pushed so that every gamer knows about it and every DS user uses it, unlike tunneling software.