Author Topic: Metroid Prime 2  (Read 18992 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« on: November 18, 2004, 06:26:51 PM »
If you've got more than 40% scanned then read the spoilers.

Yeah, I'm stuck already and I seriously need help.

I've got the light and dark beam, space jump boots or whatever they are called, the dark suit/armor, morph ball bombs but I can't seem to find what's next. The guardian told me to go to Torvus but I can't because apparently I need some other type of beam other than what I've got in order to open the passage. I think I need to get now the Super-Missile but I can't seem to find it.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 01:51:38 AM »
Funny, I just played past that part tonight.

The door to Torvus was opposite of the door from which you came in (via elevator).  For a moment, it was blocked by a "mental" shield that U-mos setup, and cannot be opened by a weapon.  See U-mos upstairs once more (i don't know if he'll talk again), then return to the blocked door.  It really shouldn't be blocked after visiting U-mos.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 03:41:20 AM »
U-Mos is the only luminoth that isn't in stasis, right? The one that isn't a hologram, right? Well I opened that door already but after when you go a little in there is this barrier that has some purple cristals on it and it says that it needs to power up in order to open and when that happens my way is clear to torvus. I will try something else that's been in my mind, like using the light beam on them like we can on those pillars that also had some crystal on it. Btw when you went through to Torvus did you have the super missiles, or power bomb, or any other beam?

Edit: Nevermind, I got through it now. Afterall I just had to do how I was thinking it might be which was with the light beam. Btw, I've got the Super-Missle now.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 11:09:45 AM »
Then you're farther than I am.  I went to bed after looking at the first 3-4 rooms of Torvus.  I just woke up, and probably won't be playing again for another day.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 02:24:45 PM »
Well when you play into the Torvus area than reserve at least between 1 hour and 1.5 hours of your schedule because that's how long it took me to get to the Super-Missil and then 2 minutes to reach a close save point. It was getting on my nerves though because I had to go to university otherwise I would continue.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 06:35:02 AM »
I'm a little farther than ye's as of this writing, but you'll get to where I'm...discomboblutated.

How the hell you beat the Boost Guardian? I blast a good chunk with Super Missles, but after that, it goes in morph ball and becomes a living Pinball! It seems that my weapons have no effect, and all I can do is try to dodge. Don't get close when it becomes red fudge either, it'll hurt! Any tips?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 06:38:08 AM »
I'm a little farther than ye's as of this writing, but you'll get to where I'm...discomboblutated.

How the hell you beat the Boost Guardian? I blast a good chunk with Super Missles, but after that, it goes in morph ball and becomes a living Pinball! It seems that my weapons have no effect, and all I can do is try to dodge. Don't get close when it becomes red fudge either, it'll hurt! Any tips?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 10:56:42 AM »
I died once against that boss yesterday before I went to sleep just to see how I could beat him. What I can tell you is that when he is not in solid form go into morph ball and dodge the red/black fudge but at the same time scatter some bombs so that you can hurt it and then it will go back to solid form and shoot some missles at it, I also used that same technique for the fudge phase but when the boss was in morph ball mode. Today I'm going to try and beat him for sure but I will try something else for when he is in morph ball, like trying to shoot some missiles on him even though I can't get a lock-on.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 12:00:02 PM »
OK, I'm way ahead of you guys (just beat second big boss) so if you get stuck again ask me for help.

That second big boss though... wow .

For the boost ball guardian, hit it with everything you've got when it's in solid form (super missiles are good), dodge it when it's a pinball (jumping around seems to be the best way... also try to get it to hit the pillars if you need health) and when it turns into the reddish sludge thing, morphball and put bombs in its path. Wash, rinse, repeat.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 03:02:41 PM »
LOL, I'm stuck again but this time it's one of those mini-bosses. I can't seem to find out how to beat that beast that has the grappling-beam. I scanned him and it says its weakness is either the eye or his back. I target the eye and no damage happens and until he gets angry then he uses the beam. I've tried to hit his back but it seems he's just a tad taller to not let us jump and be able to shoot his back. I scanned the pillar and it says that when the grappling-beam hits it it will send a feedback through the grappling beam. I've managed to take just a very little bit of energy from the enemy but it was just like from one hit and I don't even know how I did it. Am I supposed to shoot at the pillar when he has the grappling-beam attached to it? I've tried that but it still doesn't seem to work. Damn, what am I missing?  

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 03:15:05 PM »
You have to hit his back... don't jump over him, dash around him. Hold left or right and press B as fast as you can... only problem is that he jumps 180 degrees a lot so you have to time your shots right.

Offline Mr Bloober

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 09:19:44 PM »
I'm stuck on the second Gaurdian...

I can beat the swimming larva easily, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to hurt the adult flying version. Any help?  

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2004, 09:30:45 PM »
It's so simple once you figure it out... you'll probably smack yourself on the head for this one.

Grapple behind it quickly while it's stunned and seeker missile its 4 wings simultaneously. You've probably figured out how to stun it already.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2004, 03:46:44 PM »
How do you grab the E-capsule in the Mine Shaft in the Temple Grounds?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2004, 04:44:22 PM »
You talking about the cylindrical morph ball room? If I know the place you've got in mind, you gotta double bomb jump around a bit. To double bomb jump, lay a bomb, lay another one just as the first one shrinks, and lay a third one at the apex of your first jump. You'll land back on your second one, go up and get further propelled up by your third one.

Offline Mr Bloober

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 08:54:29 PM »
Thank you for the help, kind sir.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2004, 06:55:49 PM »
I'm lovin' this game.  I just recently got to the first save point in Santuary.  Very cool place.

The Grapple Guardian is my fav miniboss so far; he's pretty TERRIFYING when he rushes you to "kiss the tv screen," especially on a suitable surround sound system.

And yeah, Chykka, WOW.  This game's been action-adventure heaven on a higher strata (standing on the shoulders of other previous Nintendo giants) for me.

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 09:10:51 PM »
The big bosses in this game are just awe-inspiring. Especially the Sanctuary Fortress one.

SPOILER ALERT!!! DON'T READ WHAT'S BELOW UNLESS YOU'RE AT THE END OF THE GAME!!!

I'm at what I think is the last big boss (Ing Emperor) in the game... God that thing is HARD. So bloody hard, it's killed me three times already. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Anybody else almost wet their pants when they saw its third stage?

Heh, a spoiler within a spoiler. Never thought I'd see the day.

Offline Eminem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2004, 08:25:40 PM »
I won't spoil the last fight for you.

Emperor Ing isn't really that hard. Just use the Sonic Boom on him. It works great on him.  
I'm Infinite

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2004, 03:45:00 PM »
I've got a question: I'm at 72% scan.

I'm having a ton of trouble with on of the keys in Torvus.  I've gone all around, backtracking and everything (collected a ton of missile and energy power-ups), but I can't find it.  Well, that's a lie.  I know where it is.  I think it's the second key I'm looking for.  It's in the lower level of Torvus, the place where you fight the Alpha Bogg.  Anyway, there's a power bomb door, but I don't have the power bomb, and I've got no idea where to get it.  So could tell me either where the power bomb is or how I should get this key?

I'll feel really dumb if there's just a morph ball hole there or something.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2004, 03:48:32 PM »
I've been like molasses (that and there wasn't much stuff I couldn't figure out after a few hours.)

But, I have some trouble with the Spider Guardian. The first screen is simple, second one is tricky, 3rd one is easy,  the fourth screen is WTF? Any tips
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2004, 03:56:13 PM »
Hostile,  Don't worry about the power bomb doors. You won't get them for a while. What you do is go the chamber right before the room you fought Alpha blogg in. Right before the door you're going to see a cylinder; get right in front of it, and use the gravity boost. there should be a porta on topl that goes to dark world. Enter the dark world, and follow the path avoid. Avoid the tentacles. It should be at the end of the path you're allowed to go

Hope that helps?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2004, 04:00:12 PM »
Okay, thanks.  I can't believe I spent about two and a half hours looking for nothing.  Ah well, at least I got a bunch of power-ups.  Thanks much!
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2004, 04:38:06 PM »
Well crap.  This boss is kicking my ass.

I'm on the second stage of the bug, Chakraa or something.  I shoot him, stun him, but I can't hit those damn vital points for nothin'.  I've tried beams, missiles, seeker missile, all of that while on the grappling hook, everything.  This is ridiculous.

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2004, 04:44:50 PM »
HC, check my third post in this thread.

DJ, is that the part with three morphball slots? You have to hit him till he's green then hit the bottom one...
After that hit him till he's green, then hit the bottom one and the second one as quickly as you can.
After that hit him till he's green and hit all three slots.