Author Topic: NDS-GBA Connctivity Unlockables Confirmed  (Read 2498 times)

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
NDS-GBA Connctivity Unlockables Confirmed
« on: November 18, 2004, 03:16:28 PM »
Check it out!

(Possible spoilers?) IGN DS

I'm betting that this is going to become a major trend.  
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: NDS-GBA Connctivity Unlockables Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 03:26:20 PM »
I'm glad this is being done by devs other than Ninty(confirmed already with Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Dash)...I'm sure people will complain about having to buy more games to get everything, but the extras really should just be rewards for those who do buy both games...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 04:31:21 PM »
Woot, but you should add a bit of a spoiler warning up top...IGN shows some pics some may not want to see.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Kirby_PopStar

• Touches Nintendo DS at night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 04:43:25 PM »
That is... awesome!!! I am gonna get my flash cart and load on the ROMS of each game included there that I don't already have. XD That way, I can get all the cool and nifty costumes. I'm such a cheater.
Famicom Commemorate -- Coming Soon!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 05:18:53 PM »
This is pretty cool though it's going to be pretty hard to unlock all of those since a fair bit of those games aren't available in stores anymore.  Fortunately I know a place that rents GBA games and has a good selection so if I get Feel the Magic I might be able to unlock everything.

The ROM method is obviously illegal but if you just use the ROM to get the unlockable and then delete the game I don't have a problem with it.

Overall I think this idea is great provided it doesn't get misused and whole levels are locked away.  I know some publishers are going to use this to get people to buy both the GBA and DS version of certain titles.  But used properly this could be a lot of fun.

Offline Lost101

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 05:24:43 AM »
The ideal thing would be if you could transfer file data from your GBA game to the DS.  For example, it would be great if you could transfer your game from Golden Sun 2 to Golden Sun DS (or whatever its gonna be called).
Animal Crossing Wild World code:

3608  4016  4604

Name: Fausto
Town: Tatooine

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 11:22:16 AM »
I think that's what Ninty included the GBA slot for in first place (though they were probably thinking about Pokemon when designing it).