Author Topic: modern to futuristic action/adventure/simulation type games  (Read 2639 times)

Offline GCGAMER10000

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
modern to futuristic action/adventure/simulation type games
« on: November 16, 2004, 01:59:40 PM »
this is the genre that gamecube console needs to make the system even more sucessful.
it really is because of the controller design that makes you think, this games console needs to have a game similiar to DEUS EX, then it would make controls almost perfect and make the games console more popular. nintendo really should release more choice of games within these genres.
i also notice that there arent many good beatemup genres, so i think they should put , Dead or alive 3,4, tekken 5,6 on gamecube or something like that. if not on gamecube, then the next nintendo console after it, (perhaps they'll call it GAMECUBE 2/ SUPER GAMECUBE?)
definitely more beat em ups needed for gamecube system.
also i like the mario series, but i notice that they need an adventure version (original gameboy/nes) style instead of fighting (smash bros). it would make it much better with the memeroable boxes to score points, bombers, donkey ears, e.t.c. if they had multiplayer upto 4 players on adventure side scrolling mode , it would be even better for mario series.
i also notice that flight simulator games like "ACE COMBAT 5,6" would be great improvement for release of gamecube games as the controller is really suited for that style as well. hope they release that type of simulator games to, so they will make more money.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: modern to futuristic action/adventure/simulation type games
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 02:30:08 PM »
Because there's such a huge demand for the futuristic action/adventure/simulation type game genre out there today
By futuristic action/adventure/simulation, I don't suppose that refers to the metroid games, which apply to all of those, assuming you use the definition of simulation lightly.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 02:39:06 PM »
I think it's physically impossible for a game to be "futuristic" and a "simulation" at the same time...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 03:00:03 PM »
You know what would fit the futuristic action/adventure/simulation type game genre?  Too Human.  Ooops.

GCGAMER10000 for the most part is right.  There are huge gaps in the Cube lineup that need to be filled.  Instead Nintendo concentrates on giving us 2 or 3 Mario related games each year.  Just a little more variety would go a long way.  It's not like Nintendo is short of development teams.  They don't need every team to be working on a franchise game.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 03:03:05 PM »
They certainly could, yes, but I'd recommend that they don't restrict themselves to such a ridiculously named genre.  I don't trust them genres.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
RE:modern to futuristic action/adventure/simulation type games
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 05:25:51 PM »
lol internet lol
Could you be any more vague with a definition?

also i like the mario series, but i notice that they need an adventure version (original gameboy/nes) style instead of fighting (smash bros). it would make it much better with the memeroable boxes to score points, bombers, donkey ears, e.t.c. if they had multiplayer upto 4 players on adventure side scrolling mode , it would be even better for mario series.

You don't know a guy called cloud_strife by any chance?
Check out Mario Sunshine if you want an "adventure" Mario game, or even Mario 64 x 4 if you want to have some multi fun...

Too Human. Ooops.
I think we might have to call that a Duke Nukem Forever project

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 12:57:39 AM »
Adavnce wars: cube

futuristic: Neo tanks
Adventure: playing in 3rd person
simulation: playing in helicopter view

Offline GCGAMER10000

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 09:51:29 AM »
well thats your opinions, but i have mario sunshine, smash bros, but mario shine was not that good with the water cleaning feature, i prefer the adventure like super mario bros with boxes to score, bombs e.t.c. looking for new modern version, i heard of this mario 128 which was adventure without the water cleaning feature, which i think this is much better, but its japanese release only isnt it? will they do other versions for other countries?
i prefer the action/adventure simulation when its first person view, i do like 3rd person like resident evil, but first person view seems to be better and realistic gaming, especially when the graphics/gameplay are good and when theres lots of things to explore. is there a japanese version of first person action adventure games for gamecube or PS2? e.g. a japanese version of deus ex series, is there ever a japanese game like that? perhaps there is ,but its really hard to get.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 04:11:06 PM »
Shhhh, the secret Japanese launch of Mario 128 without water cleaning feature was a SECRET. Now it will NEVER reach our shores.
OUT OF DATE.