Author Topic: Idea for a DS game  (Read 4027 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Idea for a DS game
« on: October 14, 2004, 11:33:08 AM »
I would like a game like Baldurs Gate.  When in multiplayer mode, up to 4 people can play together, but the difference with the DS would be, they can also go off on their own.  Once they leave a players screen, the map on the bottom screen shows where they are in the current area.  This opens up a whole new way to play, as you could theoretically go for all the gold/reward yourself, making you enemies along the way.  But your lack of teamwork could hurt you in battle.  You could all work together as well, with two players going around back of a group of skeletons to ambush them as you draw their fire.  I mean, really, the gameplay mechanics this opens could be endless.  There could be stats at the end of each area, and what you did can change your alignment, such as evil or neutral.   Hell, even Gauntlet would work this way.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Idea for a DS game
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 01:04:33 PM »
"When in multiplayer mode, up to 4 people can play together, but the difference with the DS would be, they can also go off on their own. Once they leave a players screen, the map on the bottom screen shows where they are in the current area."

You stole my idea for a perfect Zelda DS multiplayer!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 02:27:29 PM »
Yeah, Zelda Four Swords/ FFCC on the DS should make use of this. They should be even better than the GC version.

The thing about those games on the DS is that it's like you're hooking up an extra TV for each player as well. As such, there's no need to keep all the players on the same screen so the camera keeps track of them all...

They should get rid of the mist and crystal cup thing in FFCC DS. They serve no purpose anymore.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 03:55:55 PM »
I personally dont think they will.  Those crystals are a major part of their gameplay mechanic.  Most likely they'll add more crystals so two or more players can have one.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 04:59:46 PM »
how about an rts?
Banned

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:Idea for a DS game
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 06:07:59 PM »

Originally posted by: kurst_chao3030
there's too many of these topics, go post on a differrent one

armchair moderator

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 10:01:51 AM »
That would be awesome.  One charismatic party member could use his skills to talk his way through things in a corrupted but rich city and gain money,experience, etc.  Then another party member could fight goblins attacking a peaceful village and get rare loot from the goblin bodies.  Finally they would join up, share riches, get more powerful and teamwork to fight against the main enemy of the game.  The seperation could be for multiple sidequests.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 12:08:56 PM »

Originally posted by: S-U-P-E-R

Originally posted by: kurst_chao3030
there's too many of these topics, go post on a differrent one

armchair moderator
?

Banned

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 12:14:54 PM »
?
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 10:47:03 PM »

Originally posted by: S-U-P-E-R
armchair moderator

Best. Game. Idea. Ever.

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 06:10:10 AM »
lol
Banned

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 06:23:08 AM »
I got a seat out of an old car to turn into a computer chair, so I can ARMCHAIR DRIFTO.

back on topic plz
OUT OF DATE.