Author Topic: Wireless Capabilities...  (Read 5796 times)

Offline JGarcia050

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wireless Capabilities...
« on: October 08, 2004, 03:11:22 PM »
can u play ds cross country (online)?.....cause that would be sweet.....but i've been hearing about hotspots and only lan play (30-100 feet away). Can someone explain this to me?

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
RE: Wireless Capabilities...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 04:49:15 PM »
I think there is some way to get your router (provided it's wireless like mine) to put your DS on your network. From there you could theoretically play online. But I don't know how match making would work over the true interenet without some kind of special software.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 07:56:55 PM »
YOU CAN PLAY WITH UTADA WITH THE DS OK
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline - NintendoFan -

• hay sup dudez i liek teh nintendo
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Wireless Capabilities...
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 04:05:08 AM »
Here, read this:

Wireless DS

and this:

How WiFi works

After reading that you should beable to see how it comes together.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 01:55:39 AM »
Thanks mate!

Offline SatansNemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 04:56:07 PM »
The beauty of the idea! On my off time I can go to the local starbucks and use the WiFi internet hotspot to play DS games while getting my beloved quad-almond-latte and a tasty pastery! And I could bring a friend so we could play co-op against the world! Victory through Java!
What kind of Flame Warrior are You?<BR><a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html">http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html[/url]

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 05:11:14 PM »
if u haven't noticed the whole warp pipe demasked stuff then u should go to a different forum right now. they have been making all these clues to show somthing about the ds wireless capabilities. the rumor is that there seems to be a network for the ds that will allow u to connect the ds in thin air, no router or anything, to the internent! if this ends up to be true, we have the cell phone god.
Banned

Offline SatansNemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 01:35:18 PM »
I doubt it would be like cell phones. Having a network like that costs a huge amount of money. Read the links in the earlier post about WiFi and the DS. It makes much more sense to use the WiFi that is already in place around the globe. People use it all of the time to allow their laptops and handheld devices to connect to the internet in places like airports, coffe shops, libraries, mass transit stations and even inside businesses or your own home. It's cheap, efficient and easy to use...typical Nintendo.

Besides, I was more refering to the idea of getting coffee and playing nintendo @ the same time. I am well aware of warp pipe happenings. Plus you shouldn't be so rude to people.  
What kind of Flame Warrior are You?<BR><a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html">http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html[/url]

Offline - NintendoFan -

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004, 02:23:38 PM »
I really don't care what it is, the madness just needs to stop.  

Offline SatansNemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 02:33:28 PM »
You mean the madness of nintendo's lack of internet support, the mystery of NDS internet potential, or something to do with warp pipe? Which madness are you talking about? There are many madnesses...

Offline - NintendoFan -

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 02:28:21 PM »
I was talking about the Warp Pipe madness, but now you can just count me in for all of the above.

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2004, 03:03:58 PM »
?...was i rude? whatever
Banned

Offline Kunoichi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 04:20:21 PM »
It might be weird walking down a hall in school or in a mall and chatting with someone walking by you, or on a different floor.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2004, 08:30:44 PM »
In slightly related news. Our home WiFi thing jsut failed yesterday. Not happy.

Offline JGarcia050

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2004, 04:28:37 PM »
so does that mean they are dropping the project or will they try again or something new?

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 04:04:43 AM »
"Nintendo also looked to Xbox Live and its mega hit "Halo" for inspiration in allowing the DS to connect gamers to one another."

LOL is halo the only multiplayer experience? I like howstuffworks.com, but this remark is simply idiotic
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro