Author Topic: Donkey Konga Relsease Date...  (Read 3142 times)

Offline PoopyLoopy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Donkey Konga Relsease Date...
« on: September 26, 2004, 10:39:20 AM »
If Donkey Konga is set to be "released" tomorrow then I probably shouldn't expect it to arrive in shops until at least Tuesday, right?
This is my signature.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Donkey Konga Relsease Date...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 11:46:54 AM »
It depends on the store...Some places get it that early, but most won't get it in till Tuesday or Wednesday...  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 12:30:39 PM »
Circuit City will have it by wednesday guaranteed, but i'm hoping we'll get it UPS monday night.  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline PoopyLoopy

• View Profile
RE:Donkey Konga Relsease Date...
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 12:45:15 PM »
Hmmmm, I guess I'll just call before I go.

P.S. I was planning on selling back some old GB/GBC/GBA games and Namco Museum on GCN at either EB Games or GameStop...which would give me more $...does anyone have any idea?
This is my signature.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 03:14:41 PM »
Gamespot by a penny.  They both give crap for trade ins. Especially old games.  I"m guessing you won't get much more than 20 for all the stuff you trade in at either store. Unless some of the games are quite new.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 03:51:56 PM »
Don't sell games ever. Especially not to EB or somewhere, you'll only get ripped off.

mail them to me, address as follows
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 04:07:28 PM »
Yea, My friend wanted to sell Madden 2003 PS2 version their offer 2 dollars. Selling games is horrible, when I went to buy pikmin 2 on Aug. 31 in a Gamestop I noticed a sign on ToS saying trade this in you recieve $20. What a big rip!!!!!  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 04:33:37 PM »
What makes it worse is that the used games are only $2-$5 less than buying it brand new. So basically they pay you $20 for your copy of Tales of Symphonia, then turn around and sell it for $45. So they make about $25 profit selling a game they probably sold you in the first place.
I hardly ever buy Cube games used anyway (only if the game in question is extremely rare), since there is always a risk that the disc is scratched up. And then I always ask to inspect the disc (as well as instruction manual and case) before I purchase it.

Uh, back on topic, most game stores get their copies in Tuesday of that week, and retail chains like Target usually have them by Wednesday. Of course, sometimes retail chains get the games in early and they put them out anyway (like last year when I found Mario Advance 4 at a Wal-Mart over a week before the official release date). It just depends if they ship them out the day of release or they ship them out early with a street date stamped on the box.

Offline PoopyLoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 05:25:30 PM »
Well, these are just games that are taking up space anyway (and one that I actually own two of...don't ask) so I don't mind that much if I only get $1 for each.

I'm hoping Donkey Konga somehow comes out tomorrow...I played it again today at Circuit City and I LOVE it, haha...
This is my signature.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 05:53:32 PM »
Not everybody has $$$ for games, and occasionally youve got the clutter as well...

The Problem is the game, if its a popular game, they actually give less to you than normal... I suggest Gamestop, than EB they pay alot more...

I generally, Buy new and Sell the used games.  Nintendo doesnt get a dime when you buy a used game anyways

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 06:35:35 PM »
Still you get ripped off by alot if you sell games.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 02:51:30 AM »
Use EBay instead. You'll probably get more money and the buyer doesn't get ripped off.