Author Topic: To celebrate drifto month, I bought a new car.  (Read 13900 times)

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: To celebrate drifto month, I bought a new car.
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2004, 05:10:59 AM »
At least your roof won't fall off.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
RE:To celebrate drifto month, I bought a new car.
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2004, 02:53:28 PM »
how many miles are on it?  how much it cost?  looks nice.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2004, 02:59:26 PM »
It's done a few kilometers, but less than my 1990 Cressida which is rad, it's around 200,000ish I forget exactly. Also I paid $7500 AUD, which is around $5000 US BUX  
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2004, 03:03:42 PM »
So is the car in your name yet?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline DrZoidberg

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2004, 06:21:15 PM »
No not yet, come steal it and I don't have a leg to stand on other than yours when I cut it off That's why it's staying in my driveway behind my other cars
OUT OF DATE.

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2004, 08:14:47 PM »
Cool car, DZ.

Motorcycles rewl.
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2004, 02:30:58 AM »
I agree about the s13's they are far too many and i also think that R32's are overrated. Yeah i have a series 5 rx-7 body kit and engine so i guess i have a series 5 but it was an originally a series 4. How much do you think your mods are going to cost??  
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline DrZoidberg

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2004, 04:36:08 AM »
I'm pretty sick of most Nissans, only cause they're so common. I've got around $5-6K to start me off, but all up I expect to spend quite a bit on this car, might even put a new engine it it at some stage, thinking a 2JZ-GTE further down the track.

This year and next I'll probably spend around $10,000 on it.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2004, 04:42:19 PM »
hmm that's alot of kilos, like 160,000 miles.  wouldn't you be better off buying a car for like $2000 more, that has like 120,000 miles on it?  Especially when you're going to put another $10,000 into the car in the next 2 years?  As it is, you'll be lucky for the car to not run into problems by the time it tops 200,000 miles.  Drool, the amount of gaming stuff you could buy with that money...

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2004, 05:09:17 PM »
I drive a mini-van.  It rocks because I can drive out to the middle of nowhere to watch a meteor shower and then sleep in the back.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2004, 07:51:11 PM »
What is this trailer park show everyone's talking about?  The glass gag sounds funny, and you folk tend to have good taste.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline DrZoidberg

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2004, 11:22:02 AM »

Originally posted by: joeamis
hmm that's alot of kilos, like 160,000 miles.  wouldn't you be better off buying a car for like $2000 more, that has like 120,000 miles on it?  Especially when you're going to put another $10,000 into the car in the next 2 years?  As it is, you'll be lucky for the car to not run into problems by the time it tops 200,000 miles.  Drool, the amount of gaming stuff you could buy with that money...

You don't understand, I wanted this particular car, a Toyota Supra. The distance travelled isn't that important to me, I'd be more worried about a car this old with hardly any k's on the clock, means it's sat around doing nothing for a while, which isn't good for cars at all. Also, the engine would only be around 150,000 old at the very most.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2004, 01:15:24 PM »

Originally posted by: DrZoidberg

You don't understand, I wanted this particular car, a Toyota Supra. The distance travelled isn't that important to me, I'd be more worried about a car this old with hardly any k's on the clock, means it's sat around doing nothing for a while, which isn't good for cars at all. Also, the engine would only be around 150,000 old at the very most.

Eh I do know you wanted that car.  What I'm saying is why not spend like $2000 more on a Supra with less miles on it, that will last you longer and run into less maintenance problems, especially if you're going to put over $10,000 more into the car.  I dunno I just don't see spending $17,500 AUD on a car that's not going to last long.

Offline DrZoidberg

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2004, 11:41:52 PM »
Not going to last long? Oh okay. I'll tell that to my cressida with just under 270,000 Km's on it that's still going strong. That's why I'm spending x amount of dollars on it, so it does last longer, there won't be many original parts left on it when I'm done, new breaks, suspension, transmition, exhaust, intercooler, engine at some stage. Once all that's done there isn't much left that can fail due to age.

Also, to get a Supra with less k's I'd have to import one, and I didn't want to go through that hassel just yet.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2004, 02:34:34 AM »
I'm gonna be looking into buying a new car in 1-2 years time.  I'll be on the look out for the Subaru Imprezas, especially the WRX models!

afterall, I am uncle rich!

Offline DrZoidberg

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2004, 03:06:12 PM »
Don't get one of those, get an S15 I rekon, they're nice and not many people have them. Or get a JZA80 :sohot:
OUT OF DATE.

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2004, 06:09:41 PM »
Get a corvette.
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2004, 10:31:18 PM »
HUMVEE! HUMVEE! HUMVEE!
or go all the way and get a tank

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2004, 01:34:29 AM »
I like WRX's so i say get one..............or otherwise try and get a '67 mustang fastback!!! Oh so sweet!!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2004, 02:41:24 AM »

Don't get one of those, get an S15 I rekon, they're nice and not many people have them. Or get a JZA80 :sohot:

These looks nice.  But...

...nah, I don't want a sportscar.  Most are too small for my tastes.  I want a 4-door sedan, thus why I'm interested in the Impreza!

Offline DrZoidberg

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2004, 04:15:42 AM »
...erm, the Imprezza isn't exactly huge Aye Aye. If you want a nice four door sedan... get a Lexus ES300 or a JZX90 / JZX100 both nice cars.  
OUT OF DATE.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2004, 11:24:51 AM »

Not going to last long? Oh okay. I'll tell that to my cressida with just under 270,000 Km's on it that's still going strong. That's why I'm spending x amount of dollars on it, so it does last longer, there won't be many original parts left on it when I'm done, new breaks, suspension, transmition, exhaust, intercooler, engine at some stage. Once all that's done there isn't much left that can fail due to age.

Also, to get a Supra with less k's I'd have to import one, and I didn't want to go through that hassel just yet.

Just because one car lasts long, doesn't insure another will, especially different makes.  270,000 km, that's like only 175,000 miles.  At 200,000 miles is generally when you run into trouble.  Theres a helluva lot more parts than what you listed, many things you can't change too unless you took the whole car apart down to tiny individual pieces.  But with all the things you're changing, you'll have some luck.  Hopefully it's worth all the money, it's risky compared to buying a new car with a warranty.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2004, 11:30:15 AM »
The WRX is a great car.  It got car of the year by many car magazines, and also best buy for the money.  It also has very good performance.  Who cares if other people have them, doesn't mean anything.  Personally I hate luxury cars (Lexus), all fancy and dancy sh1t for no reason but to look like your rich.

Offline DrZoidberg

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2004, 02:18:28 PM »
You just don't understand. Also, AiAi is rich so he deserves a Lexus.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2004, 05:14:37 PM »
just don't understand lol.  would you care to explain why?  I stated things that are true, and I said you're in luck.  If you really mod the car to hell then it will last a long time.  But theres always things that can still happen no matter what.  

Um because a person is rich, doesn't mean they deserve anything, that's snob talk.