Author Topic: What would it take to NOT sell you a revolution?  (Read 12465 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: What would it take to NOT sell you a revolution?
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2006, 04:37:18 AM »
Just if no one caught the irony of talking about not liking online online.  

Personally I think that Metroid after Prime 3 should take a page from its book and go back into retirement.  After Prime 3 sleep this gen or until there is an overriding demand for it.  I do not see any good coming from this especially since the Metroid series premise is really more anti-multiplayer then even Mario.  Though the Metriod Universe is very Multiplayer friendly.  I probably branch out a different series in the universe if I wanted to do real multiplayer.

There was a different thread like this because I know I've responded before and I can't find it.  Oh well.

My List:
Loss of Gamecube Backward compatibility
A full focus on Multiplayer sucking the life out of Single Player (I just don't have friends who come over and hang, and I don't gel well online like some)
Having to first register the console online before it works

Things that if they all happened with one of the above would be the Straw that Broke the Camels Back:
Only coming with 1 Controller no Nunchuku
Progressive Scan cable not supported (Once you've gone to those cables you won't want to go back.  It's night and day, night and day.)
Subscription based Service only for VC
Getting the other controller I need for my Finesse costing me as much as game
NOA Announcing the My Nintendo will only give you worthless digital content and they will never reform it to be like Japan's
The console saying Wii from an internal speaker everytime you turn it on
The Controller range being less then at minimum 10 ft.

Things that might override One of the above:
Purple Wii so it doesn't mess with my collection like the DS
DS Lite Wii bundle thats actually discounted
Excitebike with purchase
When bought I'm entitled to 1Wii game of my choice
Instantly working with my wireless setup with no work
Can be also used as a wireless extender
Cast of Millions Version of Wii (Instead of a straight color it is covered with Nintendo characters like from Smash Brothers)
Backward compatibility with GCN also means I can use a DS instead of a GBA in Fourswords/Pacman VS/FF:CC.  (Then I almost have enough systems for everyone)
Camelot RPG at launch that puts Golden Sun to shame (and therefore puts the whole FF series to shame as well)
Waffles and Baking a Potato in a minute is true :-D
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE:What would it take to NOT sell you a revolution?
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2006, 04:56:27 AM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
Clearly the new name of the console has one big message for us from Nintendo "we dont care if you, our all-time fans, like it or not, because you are not our focus anymore"

It's called tough love. Show some respect for your century-old elder and don't go complaining that they don't love you everytime they force you to eat your greens.

Anyway. Metroid Prime 3 losing it's focus? From what Retro interviews I've read I don't think that's the case.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE:What would it take to NOT sell you a revolution?
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2006, 06:19:56 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering

Originally posted by: mantidor
Clearly the new name of the console has one big message for us from Nintendo "we dont care if you, our all-time fans, like it or not, because you are not our focus anymore"

It's called tough love. Show some respect for your century-old elder and don't go complaining that they don't love you everytime they force you to eat your greens.

Anyway. Metroid Prime 3 losing it's focus? From what Retro interviews I've read I don't think that's the case.

hahaha, Nitendo is not my elder or parent, what you say is PURE fanboyism, they are a damn company, if they start focusing in something I dont like I will NOT buy their products, jesus... sorry but thats a pretty crappy argument.

It really hit me yesterday, Ive been so focused on the stupid name that I was forgetting what it really means, a multiplayer focused console. And Im not very fond of multiplayer in the first place. Ill wait and see of course, as I was going to do before, but I'm less confident about what the console will offer to me, which is the important thing.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2006, 06:30:29 AM »

hahaha, Nitendo is not my elder or parent, what you say is PURE fanboyism, they are a damn company, if they start focusing in something I dont like I will NOT buy their products, jesus... sorry but thats a pretty crappy argument.

I was half joking....but, seriously, Nintenedo has never completely pandered to their fanbase and never will. If they did, all of their games would suck, Wind Waker would never have been made, etc, etc. The name...it's a NAME. You may not like it, but I can't see how you can conclude from that they no longer care about their long time fans.

It really hit me yesterday, Ive been so focused on the stupid name that I was forgetting what it really means, a multiplayer focused console.

It's not a multiplayer focused console, it's an everybody focused console.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2006, 07:21:35 AM »
I was also not downright  serious, I know they wont completly forget their fanbase, but Im in the odd minority that doesnt like multiplayer games that much, the chances of forgetting me or not putting focus on my tastes are higher.

"It's not a multiplayer focused console, it's an everybody focused console."

I hardly go that from the trailer, it didnt show child "i"s playing and feminine "i" playing and eldery "i" playing, it showed little "i" playing together.

To be honest the fact that I might get Majora's Mask without framerate drops might be enough reason for me to get the console down the road, but the lack of information on first party titles for the rev right now is just killing me.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro