Author Topic: Episode 787: For a Safe and Secure Magic Kingdom  (Read 1666 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 787: For a Safe and Secure Magic Kingdom
« on: September 03, 2022, 06:25:40 PM »

Where was Goofy as Gondolin burned?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/61387/episode-787-for-a-safe-and-secure-magic-kingdom

This week we continue our run of missing hosts with Gui on vacation. Where's he going? What's he doing? Who can say?

I can say that Jon's back. Use this information as you will.

Given that I'm editing, I have decided to keep the article brief, hence why I'm still not telling you what we did this week.

This week, Jon kicks-off New Business with a look at Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, a bomb defusing game on Switch in the hands of a man I would trust with high explosives. He's also still swimming with the whales of Diablo Immortal. Greg takes a break from talking about Xenoblade Chronicles 3 to talk his recently-acquired Switch OLED Splatoon edition and last weekend's Splatoon 3 introductory Splatfest. A very tired James closes out New Business with a cozy platformer for tired people Here Comes Niko and a review of the current contents of the eShop.

After a break, we tackle a duo of very important emails. The first asks us to answer yet another moral question about an absolute monarchy. The second question asks us about the impact of game trials on our gaming-buying habits. You can send us your non-Kingdom Hearts emails here.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Grimace the Minace

• Matt Zawodniak
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 787: For a Safe and Secure Magic Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 02:13:01 AM »
My favorite part of the discussion around the Kingdom Hearts email was the brief aside about whether just anyone can do what Gandalf did by going from The Grey to The White, and how Saruman was able to go from The White to Of Many Colors, but that was really just him deciding that he was going to be Of Many Colors. It frankly sounds just like whenever I hear people try to explain Kingdom Hearts.

This one moment revealed so much more to me than I ever expected.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 08:02:16 PM »
More Mickey voice, please.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 10:57:58 PM »
Greg mentioned the three-way portion of the Splatfest demo. I wanted to echo those comments. I was Team Scissors who were ahead in the North American section. Playing in the 2-on-1 setting was pretty rough. I lost all but one of those matches. Greg was right in that once the central piece was taken one time, it was pretty much impossible to catch up. I frequently felt pinned down in my own area because one side could easily head me off in trying to get to the center, while I couldn't pivot the other way lest I run into the other, other team. I think the other players on my team might've been using voice chat because they kept jumping to each other, leaving me alone. The times I tried to join them I either got immediately cooked in the firefight or just lost behind them on the map.

None of that is to say that I hated the experience. It was very novel, but it was also a little frustrating. The leading team really gained nothing by protecting the middle of the stage, but could easily lose the match once it gets taken a single time. And it was exciting to have a different perspective in a turf war, with enemies on either side instead of down the field away from you.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.