Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167551 times)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #5725 on: March 04, 2012, 10:36:08 PM »
Love your avatar BnM, **** Elmo shrink and got constipated? lol. "Are you using the whole fist, doc?"

I wanna see a Gundam Vs. Voltron Vs. Robotech/Macross kinda thing going :D
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: March 05, 2012, 12:49:39 AM »
Then Nintendo adopts Origin, or tries creating their own thing and then we end up with another 5 years of shitty online infrastructure on a Nintendo console. Steam is probably Nintendo's best option.
No, that's not the point. This isn't about Nintendo. It doesn't matter what they do here. This is about Valve. For clarification: If Nintendo refuses, then Valve doesn't get to expand their brand that way. Sucks for both of them but that's not the point. The point is Valve doesn't get to expand Steam through an existing console maker.

But isn't that what the PS3 version of Steamworks is for? Why would Valve even need to expand Steam to the console market? Steam is a PC service, and Valve is primarily a PC developer. Besides, consoles already have their own digital networks (Xbox Live, PSN, etc.), so adding Steam on top of that would be pointless.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5727 on: March 05, 2012, 12:51:54 AM »
Simple, the more people that have access to Steam the more money Valve makes (since they make money off every Steam game, whether its from them or another publisher).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: March 05, 2012, 02:33:33 AM »
Rare possibly bringing Banjo-Kazooie to 3DS? And talks of a Star Fox Adventures for 3DS?
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/04/rumour_rare_looking_into_3ds_development

Supposedly, the company is in talks with Nintendo to develop games for the 3DS platform, including a 3D continuation of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise. Pleased with the success of their previous handheld outings and seeing no conflict between the Xbox market and the handheld gaming market, Microsoft supposedly sees this as a positive as it could boost sales of their titles developed for Xbox 360. Sources also say that Nintendo and Rare discussed a 3DS continuation of the Star Fox Adventures series, but that nothing is currently in development on that front.

Now for Caterkiller's own interpretation of seemingly useless nonsense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYJEOstIL0&feature=player_embedded

Something is cooking with Nintendo and Capcom! Yeah that's it...

Edit: Brought to you by not BlackNMild!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: March 05, 2012, 02:39:29 AM »
lol, What could be cooking with Nintendo and Capcom? the revival of Mega Man? or... Mega Man X Or or.... something that hasn't seen a sequel in over a decade, Breath of Fire. We need a Sequel and back to the Nintendo camp!

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5730 on: March 05, 2012, 02:49:37 AM »

Edit: Brought to you by not BlackNMild!

LOL, keep that up and you might get an unasked for name change.

oh, and
Quote from: from your link
Rumour: Rare Looking Into 3DS Development
Posted Tue, 26 Apr 2011 | 21:30 BST by Zach Kaplan

that's almost a year old, are you sure it wasn't already on last years list?\

edit 2: yes... yes it was
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=16688.msg669156#msg669156
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:55:51 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: March 05, 2012, 02:58:13 AM »
lol Someone just got served!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:20 AM »
Hahaha Caterkiller, keep trying bud.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: March 05, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »
lol, this could turn into a game.  Who can get a scoop posted on this thread before BnM lol.  It might have to get to the point where we come up with a fake rumor on neogaf and then come on here and post it lol.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: March 05, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
A new Star Fox Adventures?  That's where Star Fox jumped the shark in the first place!  How out-of-touch and completely STUPID would Nintendo be to think that THAT would be the way to rejuvenate that series?  That better be some baseless fanboy rumour.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: March 05, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »
Foiled again I see. Or am I? Little did you all know my seemingly feeble attempts to bring news and rumors first was all part of an elaborate scheme to get one thing and one thing only... The description under my name to read "Not BlackNMild!" It appears everyone else was served but me.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: March 05, 2012, 02:51:03 PM »
It would have been funnier if they changed your name to "Not BlackNMild". Still time...

Oh and Ian, I know how you feel about Star Fox Adventures, but I think taking another stab at it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

If done right, it could be a hilarious parody of Mass Effect. Flying to different destinations could be like the Star Fox we know and love, while adventuring on planets could be a mix of Zelda and a RPG. You'll stumble on to missions, find new crew mates and level up your ship with new equipment that lets you further explore the vast reaches of space. With plenty of satire, solid gameplay and furry action, it could easily become a highly anticipated game.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:57:49 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: March 05, 2012, 04:34:30 PM »
So now that Assassin's Creed 3 has been officially announced for the WiiU, are there any rumors of the first four games getting ported to the WiiU as well?

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: March 05, 2012, 04:38:26 PM »
Assassin's Creed Collection Wii U? I'd buy that.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: March 05, 2012, 05:38:56 PM »
Is there any rumor linked to the Darksiders 2 release date?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5740 on: March 05, 2012, 06:13:39 PM »
Actually, the problem with Star Fox Adventures is the Zelda adventure like gameplay of it.

I wouldn't mind a game that took the idea of the Star Fox Mercenary storyline and focused on Star Fox's team getting the job done during War in many different situations...not just Ships, and Tanks, but Stealth missions, and other ground battles and such. 

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: March 05, 2012, 07:00:23 PM »
If someone suggested a Gradius game where you do more than dodge and shoot would you not consider it  ridiculous?  Yet all sorts of ideas get tossed out for Star Fox.  Star Fox is a shmup.  It isn't supposed to be some epic ambitious adventure title, it is supposed to dodge and shoot, kill or be killed.  It sucks now because Nintendo has totally lost track of that.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5742 on: March 05, 2012, 07:08:25 PM »
Is there any rumor linked to the Darksiders 2 release date?

The Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 versions are June. The Wii U version is confirmed as a launch game, so it depends on when Wii U releases.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: March 05, 2012, 07:18:36 PM »
If someone suggested a Gradius game where you do more than dodge and shoot would you not consider it  ridiculous?  Yet all sorts of ideas get tossed out for Star Fox.  Star Fox is a shmup.  It isn't supposed to be some epic ambitious adventure title, it is supposed to dodge and shoot, kill or be killed.  It sucks now because Nintendo has totally lost track of that.

I don't see why it couldn't be a fantastic tongue-in-cheek space opera, given the right developer. The Star Fox Assault concept could have been great if they'd put more thought into the ground-based segments. If you put somebody with real talent on the series (read: not Namco's 4th string guys or post-exodus Rare) you could do something really great beyond just a shoot-em-up.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5744 on: March 05, 2012, 07:45:31 PM »
Gradius doesn't have characters with personalities talking to each other.  Gradius doesn't focus on actually telling a story with character development and relationships in the heat of combat.  Gradius doesn't present a real world with characters you know getting hurt or dying.  Star Fox does. 

This is why Star Fox can evolve into something more.  When it evolves can developers ignore the aspects that make the game great?  No.  They need shoot'em up action.  They need campy and fun dialog.  But more could be done with it.  In fact, it could be made even better...and still keep that shoot'em up feel.

Imagine.  a ground level on foot.  Game play is based on the top down Smash TV type run and gun.  Now the Wii U tablet shows where your allies are, and in real time displays how they are fighting and doing.  Are they in trouble or what not?  Falco rushes in head strong and is doing his part well...an is calling out snarky remarks about how many he is taking out, and that the team is taking too long.  You are fighting waves of enemies, but then you hear slippy is in trouble.  You look down at his map and see him pinned down.  You can command him to make his way towards you, or you can move to him.  You notice the enemies are mostly between you and him, and he can not move towards you safely, so you run to him.  Again, the game play is pure action. 

Fox can even have a dodge that activates like a barrel roll to get out of danger.  This type of game play that is not a first person or 3rd person traditional shooter...would add variety and I think fun to the game...if it is designed well.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #5745 on: March 05, 2012, 07:48:05 PM »
Gradius doesn't have characters with personalities talking to each other.
That would be Parodius, or Otomedius.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #5746 on: March 05, 2012, 08:14:04 PM »
It would have been funnier if they changed your name to "Not BlackNMild". Still time...

Oh and Ian, I know how you feel about Star Fox Adventures, but I think taking another stab at it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

If done right, it could be a hilarious parody of Mass Effect. Flying to different destinations could be like the Star Fox we know and love, while adventuring on planets could be a mix of Zelda and a RPG. You'll stumble on to missions, find new crew mates and level up your ship with new equipment that lets you further explore the vast reaches of space. With plenty of satire, solid gameplay and furry action, it could easily become a highly anticipated game.

I actually loved Star Fox Adventures. A little too much collecting doodads and whatnot (though, not near as bad as DK64), but it was still a great, little adventure game. I want more.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: March 05, 2012, 08:30:10 PM »
I agree with Ian here.  I like my Star Fox like the original or N64.

Things I wouldn't mind adding:
Squad missions where I'm controlling the squad from home base
Bombing missions.
Stealth Drop Missions.

I have rarely found a game that can do both vehicles and On foot well together.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: March 05, 2012, 08:34:36 PM »
The strategic elements of StarFox Command would have been an awesome addition if the actual gameplay were better. The on-foot stuff in Assault would have been great if there were more depth to it in terms of both the combat and the objectives. They were good ideas, but executed poorly.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: March 05, 2012, 11:00:36 PM »
There is no word on platform(s) yet, but I'm gonna drop this here anyway

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/03/inside-source-reports-darkstalkers-4-is-in-the-works-exclusive/