Author Topic: Nintendo to Launch Web Portal Dedicated to Kids, Parents  (Read 1052 times)

Nintendo to Launch Web Portal Dedicated to Kids, Parents
« on: June 24, 2014, 01:02:43 PM »

The endeavor is coming later this year as part of a strategy to increase kids’ awareness of Nintendo’s franchises.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37914/nintendo-to-launch-web-portal-dedicated-to-kids-parents

Nintendo will be launching a web portal later this year aimed at introducing kids to the company’s properties, Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils­-Aime revealed in a recent interview with VentureBeat.

Fils­-Aime said the portal “speaks directly to kids,” but it will also be a resource for parents. “It gives moms and dads some fun activities–how to plan a Mario-­themed birthday party,” he noted. “Things that we know parents are interested in, but there’s not a ready resource. That kind of information doesn't exist on Nintendo.com today.”

Fils­-Aime stressed how critical this sort of thing is for the company, saying, “It’s a day to day job for us to create messaging and content for kids and parents to keep filling the funnel of new consumers to play our games.”

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo to Launch Web Portal Dedicated to Kids, Parents
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:44:43 PM »
This is actually a good idea, and a nice resource for parents

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 12:53:18 PM »
I never thought I'd see the day when Nintendo feels they're not getting their messages to kids.  Pokemon X/Y is great and kids should want it, unless they don't like Pokemon anymore.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 12:56:08 PM »
I never thought I'd see the day when Nintendo feels they're not getting their messages to kids.  Pokemon X/Y is great and kids should want it, unless they don't like Pokemon anymore.
And somehow ian sane manages to find bad news in this as well.