Author Topic: Switch Twitch App To End Service On January 31  (Read 25856 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Switch Twitch App To End Service On January 31
« on: October 31, 2023, 12:36:57 PM »

And if you're like most of the staff, you're thinking "wait, there was a Twitch app for the Switch"?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/65367/switch-twitch-app-to-end-service-on-january-31

One of the more recent streaming apps on Switch is about to breathe its last.

A notice was posted today confirming that the Switch's Twitch application will no longer be available after January 31, 2024. No reason was given for the shutdown.

The Twitch app was released on Remembrance Day 2021, though recent layoff rounds at Twitch itself have apparently reduced the staff that would support the Switch version.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline mereel

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Switch Twitch App To End Service On January 31
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 09:34:08 PM »
I wonder on any given night, how many people are concurrently streaming Twitch using the Switch app. I’m talking globally here. 10 people at any given moment? 5? One?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 09:51:51 AM »
I used the Twitch app to watch The Game Awards last year. I suppose I will again this year but looks like that will be the last.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 01:02:19 PM »
Twitch on Switch was pitched as a cinch, but which ran into a hitch when the users ditched.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.