Author Topic: Good News Everyone!  (Read 49634 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Good News Everyone!
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 12:00:56 AM »
I had forgotten that this was coming until a friend randomly asked me about it today. I checked, and sure enough, it's out tomorrow. Who cares about reviews, it's new Futurama! As long as it's at least decent it's worth the price.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 07:14:22 AM »
Well I watched it last night, and I'd say the first movie was better. This one wasn't bad, wasn't the best either, but satisfying overall. This one felt like an episode that ran too long IMO. Something that would've been great as a two part episode, but not a four part as this will eventually become.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 11:09:25 AM »
Is Zapp in it more? My biggest complaint about the first one was that Zapp was only in it a little bit.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »
Is Zapp in it more? My biggest complaint about the first one was that Zapp was only in it a little bit.

Yeah Zapp is in it throughout the whole movie with a somewhat major plot point based around his antics.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 12:22:07 PM »
Excellent. I can't wait until I can get to the store later.

J.P. Corbran

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 11:04:18 PM »
Well the come back is sort of mixed blessing.

1st movie: Good overall 7/10 but way to convoluted and tried TO HARD to please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssTFMhlgNCA

2nd movie: More laughs 8/10 but story ended in such an odd way and  overall its to random.

They are just trying to hard and working to many sides.  I'm not angry its back, just think they shouldn't be in such a rush it really feels like they are throwing things together really fast. Both movies I wouldn't rank higher than some of the episodes of the last season.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 11:57:45 PM »
IMO:

All (but 1) Futurama Episodes > First Movie > Second Movie > Jurassic Bark  :'(
Check out PixlBit!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 12:41:16 AM »
So who has a better youtube video, Adolph Vega or Rabicle?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 01:59:12 AM »
I liked Bender's Big Score more. The Beast with a Billion Backs was just weird. Good but weird, maybe too weird.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »
IMO:

All (but 1) Futurama Episodes > First Movie > Second Movie > Jurassic Bark  :'(

How can you hate Jurassic Bark? It's dolemite, baby! It may not be the best episode of the series (I'd put one here but there are about a dozen I'd consider for that) but I wouldn't separate it from the rest of them like that. The DVDs aren't as good as the series but that's not because the DVDs are bad, they're good, the series is just amazing.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2008, 04:14:26 PM »
No I don't hate Jurassic Bark because it's bad, I hate it because it's sad.

Poor Seymour, he waited and waited and waited and when Fry had the chance to bring him back he didn't, and Seymour was left only to wait more. It was a powerful episode but utterly depressing. At least the first movie made me feel better about it.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2008, 07:16:32 PM »
Jurassic Bark was on the sad side, but I feel that when a comedy does something so genuinely compelling, it's just made of awesome.

Also, Movie 1 > Movie 2 being out of stock at Target
>:(
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »
The second movie was the worst thing Futurama ever did, but it was still good. The series was so amazingly great, though, that the movie was disappointing. And Futurama did emotional endings quite a bit, just usually not to the degree of Jurassic Bark. I don't usually cry during animated sitcoms.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 07:45:36 PM by insanolord »

J.P. Corbran

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 04:14:52 PM »
When a comedy makes a serious episode like Jurassic Bark, it often works well. When a "serious" show makes a comedy episode (see Irresponsible from Stargate Atlantis) they are truly truly terrible.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2008, 04:33:17 PM »
Watched this yesterday.  I have to say it had some seriously slow parts, but I enjoyed most of it.

Having never played the PS2 game, I also enjoyed watching that as a bonus episode.  Time parallax jokes are almost always home runs.

I laughed so hard at Mom pulling out the sombrero.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 04:38:25 PM »
When a comedy makes a serious episode like Jurassic Bark, it often works well. When a "serious" show makes a comedy episode (see Irresponsible from Stargate Atlantis) they are truly truly terrible.

Stargate Atlantis is a comedy series according to its creators.  Bad episodes are just bad regardless.

Jurassic Bark and Luck of the Fryrish can usually make me tear up, and they're two of my favorite Futurama episodes.

I'm hoping to watch the new DVD with some friends next week.  I don't have terribly high hopes after the last one, which seemed like it tried way too hard to include as many references to past episodes as possible.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 04:47:24 PM »
This one doesn't include anywhere near the amount of fanservice seen in the first movie.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 05:06:40 PM »
Stargate Atlantis is a comedy series according to its creators.  Bad episodes are just bad regardless.
True, but something about their "comedy" episodes don't quite work. Serious shows cannot do it IMO without watering themselves down in the process.

This one doesn't include anywhere near the amount of fanservice seen in the first movie.

I will give them points for making such a incredibly complicated story work, and not mess up anything around existing continuity at the same time.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 07:31:20 PM »
True, but something about their "comedy" episodes don't quite work. Serious shows cannot do it IMO without watering themselves down in the process.

Firefly (and other Joss Whedon shows) work very well...

On topic, the best thing about the first Furturama movie was the Everybody Loves Hypnotoad episode. Watching it all the way through was a preternatural pleasure.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 08:08:15 PM by Wandering »
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2008, 05:31:07 PM »
Amazon screwed up my order for the new movie twice in one week.  They sent me the DVD, along with a softcover book, in this huge padded envelope with no protection whatsoever.  That order had to be replaced because everything in it was damaged.  So I got my replacement order today, and once again, they shipped it to me in a huge padded envelope.  The book is okay, but there are now two damaged Futurama DVDs on my dresser, thanks to Amazon's genius warehouse workers.

I'm just gonna download the movie now.  Maybe I'll buy it one day, but for now it's just easier to download it.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2008, 12:53:08 PM »
Let's see some pics of this damage...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2008, 01:28:08 PM »
Mike Gamin....

POSTAL FRAUD INVESTIGATOR

dun dun duuuuuunnnn

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2008, 06:54:01 PM »
POSTAL FRAUD INVESTIGATOR

haha, I never said it was the post office's fault.  If anyone sends something small and soft inside a gigantic envelope, it's going to get crushed.  I'm just surprised it happened twice, since Amazon's usually good with packing stuff securely.

I ended up watching the movie yesterday.  I didn't like it as much as Bender's Big Score, but I'll definitely buy it the next time I'm at Best Buy or something because I really want to see the extras.  I thought the extras on the first DVD were really awesome.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2008, 07:04:31 PM »
Blame the stupid "Carbon Neutral" package... if they shipped in a normal DVD package, it probably would have been fine...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2008, 11:22:29 PM »
Carbon Neutrality sucks.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.