Author Topic: Good News Everyone!  (Read 49550 times)

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Good News Everyone!
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2008, 12:31:31 AM »
I loved the second one, as I did the first, but what bothered me was the absence of Nibbler, I love that little guy and missed him.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2008, 03:24:41 PM »
Carbon Neutrality sucks.

What makes a man turn Carbon Neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were they born with a heart full of Carbon Neutrality?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 03:27:13 PM by Wandering »
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2008, 11:46:42 PM »
Carbon Neutrality sucks.

What makes a man turn Carbon Neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were they born with a heart full of Carbon Neutrality?

How did it take so long for someone to make that joke?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2008, 06:48:08 AM »
Bender's Game is out and IMO is better than The Beast with a Billion Backs, but still inferior to the amazing Bender's Big Score.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2008, 06:02:34 PM »
I bought it, but I haven't watched it, yet.  I'm looking for a good opportunit, or a day when I don't have any work to do and a chick to watch it with.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2008, 06:03:43 PM »
Hows about you do the chick and watch the work?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2008, 10:40:34 AM »
I just watched Bender's Game, it was amazing. Maybe I'm weird, but it's been a long time since I laughed as hard as I did at the The Scary Door part.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2008, 10:55:19 AM »

Because I still need the chick.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »

Because I still need the chick.

pfft now you're just putting p*ssy on a pedestal
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »
The movies on average have been subpar. I think the episode where Bender is turned into a human is way more hilarious than any of the movies. That said I did like the first one; the second one was good but less funny; and the third was even less funny.

P.S. The Scary Door part was genius. It always has been, but I rewinded this particular one three or four times.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2009, 12:00:37 PM »
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2009, 12:03:16 PM »
Awesome.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
YYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHhhhhhhhh!

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2009, 12:08:08 PM »
Hopefully they'll return to form with a more episodic format, I felt the had trouble trying to fit Futurama into a movie. The movies all felt like episodes streeeetched out to try and make a movie.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »
Hopefully they'll return to form with a more episodic format, I felt the had trouble trying to fit Futurama into a movie. The movies all felt like episodes streeeetched out to try and make a movie.

Hm i think you might be right, but to be honest i only saw 2 of the movies shown on comedy central so far; Benders Big Score and The Beast with...

of the two though, i don't think Benders Big Score really had that problem and fit quiet well in the movie format. My only real gripe about it is i never bothered getting the dvd so i've only ever seen it on Comedy Central so the commercial breaks are annoooying!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2009, 01:16:14 PM »
Does G4 still show Arrested Development? Does this breathe hope into that getting revived too?
Maybe more networks can pick up on past FOX failures and give them the success that they deserve.

GJ for Futurama though, I look forward to their return, but I bet FOX will add them into the Animation Domination Sunday Nite Line Up and make Comedy Central air new episodes a week or 2 later (like they did with FG & CN)

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2009, 03:28:55 PM »
Wow, this is good news!
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2009, 05:04:10 PM »
Futurama is one of the few cartoons I actually kind of like, since it isn't incredibly random (Family Guy), offensive for no reason (American Dad), growing stale (The Simpsons), or overly preachy (South Park).

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2009, 05:24:36 PM »
Does G4 still show Arrested Development? Does this breathe hope into that getting revived too?
Maybe more networks can pick up on past FOX failures and give them the success that they deserve.

GJ for Futurama though, I look forward to their return, but I bet FOX will add them into the Animation Domination Sunday Nite Line Up and make Comedy Central air new episodes a week or 2 later (like they did with FG & CN)

Comedy Central bought the rights to new episodes, so as long as that contract exists Fox can't do that (Cartoon Network only bought syndication rights to Family Guy). I hope 20th Century Fox (which does own the show) reaches a deal to air it on FOX too since I don't have cable.

Family Guy is a mixed bag. Some episodes are great, others suck. I don't like how they always put down Meg, and I hate how Seth MacFarlane tries to make marijuana use look acceptable. How is American Dad offensive? They have jokes for liberals, democrats, men, women, pro-life, pro-choice, etc. They pretty much go to everyone. The Simpsons may not be at its funniest anymore, but it's still very good. South Park is rarely ever preachy and they still show that they will take shots at anyone.

As for the movies, I have seen the first 3. The only one I didn't like was "Futurama: Bender's Game", it was so boring.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2009, 05:56:23 PM »
I haven't watched very many episodes of those cartoons so those are just my first impressions of them. But it seems like Futurama can be funny without being offensive, having shock value, or making a statement, and that is generally my idea of a good comedy.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2009, 06:03:41 PM »
I do love Futurama, I own all 4 Volumes of DVDs and have seen every episode dozens of times. Of the 72 episodes, I think there is only 1 that I don't like (the one where Bender turns into a were-car).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »
Jurassic Bark, poor Seymour :(:(:(:(:(:(
Check out PixlBit!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2009, 07:34:56 PM »

There's still the Arrested Development movie coming.  That could save the show.

But **** yeah, for more Futurama!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2009, 07:38:33 PM »
Jurassic Bark, poor Seymour :(:(:(:(:(:(

why'd you have to go bring that up!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2009, 08:04:22 PM »
There's still the Arrested Development movie coming.  That could save the show.

Except that it's been confirmed that they haven't even started writing the script yet, so it's a long way off. I also doubt that they will revive the show (although I would love that).