Author Topic: Zombie Crisis:Forum Game  (Read 16089 times)

Offline wanclering

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zombie Crisis:Forum Game
« on: October 06, 2006, 11:25:52 PM »
Ok this game is similar to Mafia

there will be 5 teams of 5..or maybe some sort of different division
Team 1
Red Team-Super Market
Blue Team - Hardware Store
White Team- Gun Shop
Pink Team - Liquer Store
Ok here is how it works

Each day we will play a DS game, preferably Mario Kart or Metroid Prime

Each team will elect a leader to play in a tournament.

Whoever is last place in  this tournament will have to vote out one of their weak members in order
to survive.
When a team is down to 2 people they will join another team until there
is only one team.
Then the people who are left will torunament each other.
Whoever wins will get a leader ship point and have immunity. Eventually there will be just two
people in which a panel of zombies will decide which one is too badass for them to
eat.

ok first we'll have everyone sign up
Deceased Forum Clone
Wanc LeRing

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Zombie Crisis:Forum Game
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 12:00:13 AM »
You know, I was devising my own Zombie version of mafia but this sounds fairly cool.

Wish I could wifi though :/
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE:Zombie Crisis:Forum Game
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 12:13:33 AM »
My evil zombie forum clone is creating evil zombie forum games now? Damn, I knew I should have killed him when I had the chance.

edit: I wish I could play, but all of my DS games mysteriously disappeared (read: were probably stolen) awhile back.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 12:19:21 AM »
Sounds more like Survivor meets Its a Knockout lawl aussie insider joke.

Offline wanclering

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 12:32:36 AM »
well this is the signup thread..and rule devlopement thread....so if you guys have suggestions...i was thinking of a double vote..vote a leader..and then the leaders vote against each other...but thats pretty pointless...
Deceased Forum Clone
Wanc LeRing

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 01:39:11 AM »

Its a Knockout

"THAT'S THE NAAAAME OF THE GAAAAAAAAME!"

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 02:54:01 AM »
I'm in but I only have MKDS. It might be a good idea to wait for Clubhouse Games release

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 05:36:19 AM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey

Its a Knockout

"THAT'S THE NAAAAME OF THE GAAAAAAAAME!"

oh yeah Saturday mornings at 6am FTW. Too bad SA used to get caned week in, week out.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 07:30:37 AM »
You crazy Australians and your crazy references. Go listen to your Keith Urban and gaze wistfully at your Heath Ledger posters.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 12:21:14 PM »
ok how about these rules

there are 30 people in the game with 5 teams of 6, 1 person in each team is infected
and it takes two days to incubate. meanwhile 1 of the teams is completely zombie.
Each day the zombies will take out 1 person in each team, also they will know who's infected. If zombies are taken out they are double dead and are out of the game..however whenever a zombie takes out a person..they have a coins flip chance of either being a zombie or out of the game
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 12:43:34 PM »
I would rather a Forum game not require to meet and play games online.  Afterall, not everyone is on at the same time.  I think a more Forum type game works.

Here is what I would do.

I would have a few different roles.

Zombies
Mad Scientists
Survivors
Cops
Killers

Ok.  The Mad Scientist randomly chooses 2 people to become Zombies.  Those Zombies have 2 days to react and attack without appearing as a Zombie then after such everyone knows they are a Zombies.  If a Zombie attacks someone they become a Zombie and they have 2 days until everyone knows they are a Zombie.

Cops and Killers can kill Zombies with guns.  Cops can only kill Zombies that appear as Zombies...where as Killers can kill anyone, may accidentally kill a human.  If a single Zombie attacks either a Cop or Killer then they die.  If more than one Zombie attacks, a Cop or Killer then a coin is flipped to see if the Cop or killer escapes or is killed.

Cops can also guard an innocent person...but if that innocent person is a Zombie they automatically get turned into a Zombie.

Mad Scientists can turn other people into Zombies by experimenting on them.  This can happen every other day until they are killed off by Zombies or Mad Scientists.

Finally, If Zombies attack someone a game similar to paper, rock, scissors is played to see if they survive.  All this is handled by the narrator that moderates the game and creates a story.

Ok...this needs tweaking, but let me know what you think.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 12:47:03 PM »
bah, no wifi, mario kart or even metroid hunters for me, Im still boycotting it because Im an obsessed metroid fanboy that craves for a 2d fix, but oh god if I feel constantly the pressure to give in and buy it....  
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 07:29:09 PM »
spak-spangs rules look pretty good

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 07:33:12 PM »
Zombies
Scientists(good, bad)
Survivors(Reporter, some other roles)
Swat(cops)
Bikers(killers)

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 07:43:03 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Finally, If Zombies attack someone a game similar to paper, rock, scissors is played to see if they survive.  All this is handled by the narrator that moderates the game and creates a story.

I like this way of dealing with attacks rather than the Mafia version of "you got attacked, you die". Adds a layer of luck to the mix.

Lets say a Zombie chooses to attack a person. He submits a PM to the gamemaster with a target and a move, say Rock.

Either:
1. If this person is a cop or a killer, the move fails and the zombie dies. He knows then that the person is a cop but that's game over for him.
2. If the target is a person, he receives a PM from the gamemaster telling him to choose rock, paper or scissors. The target sends back a response without knowing what the zombie did. Say scissors.

Because rock beats scissors, the zombie wins. If it was any other selection, ie the victim wins or a draw results, then the target escapes. The target never knows who attacked him other than it was a zombie because, quite frankly, they probably all look alike.

Now, if the person is being protected by a cop, then the zombie is actually targetting the cop. So #1 results. But a cop can only protect one person and I guess this can change each day.

18 Days was working on a similar game to this. The issue she had was the Necromancer, or the person who creates the first zombies, could turn the game into a very short game if found out quickly. I like this way of not knowing which zombies attack you, and allowing the necromancer to lay low after creating the first zombies. Then, at intervals, he or she is able to create more. The zombies would not know eachother, but would know who the necromancer is in order to keep attention away from them.

With a large group of people, like the last game, this could work well. A few cops and killers protecting a large group of people from oncoming zombies. Should be fun!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 07:45:30 PM »
also rather then having full days..how about half days? Like every 12 hours

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 07:57:45 PM »
A couple of roles that could be used in this game:

Researcher: like the cop in the old mafia games, inspects a person each night and finds out information. One of these would be a powerful ally, but if you protect someone that turns out to be a zombie then the cops will start to die. So if someone claims to be the researcher then there's a risk involved that he's probably not.

Good Scientist: able to cure a Zombie nightly. Coin flip determines success rate. As zombies are not known by their targets this is a tough task determining who needs medical help. A successful cure kills the zombie and puts the player out of the game.

If the zombies do not know the necromancer this could work well. Two zombies in the start, then if the scientist has a lot of luck with things the necromancer can continue to create zombies to maintain a balance until he is killed or the zombies overrun the town.

If you are attacked by zombies and they win, you are dead for a period of time before joining the zombie side. You cannot vote, post or PM during this time. This is so that people have some information to base their suspicion on.

Anyway, I'm just throwing ideas around.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 07:21:40 AM »
Shift Key,

I like your ideas.

Perhaps also have two Necromancers, that don't know eachother.  The killers become extra valuable because they are the only ones that can kill the Necromancers, and Cops are special because they can protect people.

I think we should drop the time limit on Zombies looking like people...they should always be a mystery.  I guess these are either smart zombies, or something else entirely.  

This game would be fun, and already has a different feel than Mafia.  One is about eliminating the competition.  The other is about eliminiating competition, AND gathering a horde of allies.

I would say that the game starts with Two or Three Zombies.  Zombies can not be resurrected.  However, accidentally killed innocents can be turned to zombies by the Necromancer...whose role is to help the zombies.  

As the zombie hordes grow...Zombies will be limited to only attacking 2-3 people.  The game master does the Paper Rock Scissors game.  Special events can happen in the game too by design of the Game Master.

A new human can become a killer for a special reason.  Perhaps a cop becomes a Zombie and can then protect other zombies and such.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 09:09:47 AM »
just some rule refinement and we can start a game!!!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 01:24:10 PM »
I am ready for this game.  But we need a gamemaster.  Someone that knows Zombie movies and has a great sense of humor.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 02:53:17 PM »
Dang, I only meet half the requirements.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 03:48:08 PM »
I hear Rob Zombie is available.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »
i would be the game master, as wanclering(my mail-box is full)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 07:25:24 PM »
ok someone like, compile up the rules, and i'll game master it, and then we'll start recruitment  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 07:51:46 PM »
what if there was a difference between necromancer zombies and mad scientist zombies?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 12:38:42 AM »
Survivors
Scientist-can cure Viral Zombies
Cop

Killer Bikers- a band that either kilsl you or makes you join

Viral Zombies-they know who each other are, they can either choose to kill someone, or infect them
Ghoulies-Controlled by  the Necromancer

FreeLancers
Necromancer- The Necromancer can ressurect anyone who has been killed and controll them as ghoulies
Mad Scientist- The Mad Scientist creates Viral Zombies, but has no controll over them..his goal is to turn everyone but himself into Viral Zombies

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 02:47:17 AM »
Here's a thought. To aid the survivors a random person is sent a PM every couple of days. They've hit the lightning round and depending on what they send to the gamemaster you can win:

~ Weapons - promote 1 survivor to a killer and 1 survivor to a cop. The survivor gets to choose which role they want and possibly the player to receive the remaining role. Or the gamemaster can do it.
~ Health Kit - revives a dead player at random. Not zombies, but people who were attacked by zombies or were accidentally killed. Player's choice, or can be selected by the gamemaster.
~ Documents - you can investigate a player for free, the gamemaster sends you that players role.
~ Mystery Potion - makes a player immune to zombies for a period of time. Their attacks do not affect this player, but accidental death may still occur. Give this to someone who is being targetted by zombies.
~ The booby prize - you get nothing.

So the player sends a number between 1 and 5 and they get the corresponding reward.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 08:27:26 AM »
I was thinking what if terrain was important in this game, like for instance there are locations you can move to...moving to these locations can provide an item

vote
move street

Mall
Street
Gunshop
Hospital
Liquor Store
HardWare Store
Grocery Store

also what if we gave the user a set amount of money?
like $2500 deadheads

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 03:45:18 PM »
I think we need to keep the game as simple as possible for the first game to test it out.  We have a very cool battle system with random luck being able to save lives.  

I like the idea of divisions.

Here is something to think about.

Scientists:  Are trying to cure all Zombies.  If Zombie infection is completely cured then Scientists win.  Scientists can do research on people to discover if they are a Zombie.  They know who all the other Scientists are, and can choose to share information with people or not.  Basically like the Mafia.  

Mad Scientist:  The Mad Scientist's alligence is to the Zombies and Necromancer.  They can do a few different things during the Scientsts action.    Revive Dead Zombies.  Kill Somebody.  Or give a packet of information with 1 single bit of information to the Necromancer.  (This means, they send it to the game master, and the game master sends it to the Necromancer.

Necromancers: turn dead humans into zombies.  These are humans that have been killed by normal means...not Zombies.  Zombie deaths turn people automatically into Zombies.  This is done by 50/50 chance.

Cops:  Will always kill a Zombie during an attack unless they are swarmed by 3 Zombies.  IE they all choose to attack him at the same time.  Then the cop will be killed.  Cops can protect humans from Zombies, but can't kill Zombies for it will risk killing human life.  They can kill the Necromancer though.  If a cop protects a human and that human is attacked by a Zombie that attacking Zombie is killed.  If a cop protects a Zombie they will be killed.

Killers:  Can kill anything, however dead humans can be turned to Zombies so be careful.  Killers have the same rules as cops when being attacked.  If a killer chose one of the Zombies that is attacking him as its target it will kill him and another Zombie attacking him and escape.  

Any other rules we need?  Perhaps Zombies should be able to attack more and more each day.  Day one: 2 Zombie attacks.  Day Three 3 Zombie attacks.  Day 4 five Zombie attacks.  As long as there is enough Zombies to satisfy Attack numbers.

If any human killer or cop dies.  Then a random survivor becomes a killer or cop there choice, but they must choose before using their abilities.

The game master has the right to play a plot twist or two in the story...those can be up to him.  (Like making a Super Zombie, or something.)

Finally, if the Necromancers are all killed the Mad Scientist has the choice to become a new Necromancer.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 09:50:05 PM »
ok i like your ideas

ok the game starts out
2 zombie
3 scientists
1 necromancer
1 mad scientist(what if you can turn scientist into mad scientists?)
5 bikers
1 loner killer
rest survivors

for mafia the point of the game is to be the last one standing...what if there was like a 20 day limit and the winner was determined by who had the most in their group?

also one of the humans is a miracle maker, this person has psychic powers...they can perform one miracle per day

also is there a need for a vote system?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 04:57:54 AM »
The Perm:  No need for a vote system.  

I think you need 2-3 Cops depending on who all plays.

And perhaps 2 killers.

We can always add more more cops or killers in a plot twist if Zombies are over running the town...after all this is a game of survival.

I like the time limit.  Perhaps 10 days until the military gets involved?  The military will cleanse the town of Zombies, so if you survive until then you survived the Zombie infestion.

Let's start a signup for the game and see if people want to play.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 07:19:22 AM »
alright, spak, write a final rule set and we'll start immediately. I think we have all the rules in and organized

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 08:24:43 AM »
Zombie Crisis I: Dawn of the Game

The Rules

Gameplay
Players of Mafia will be right at home in this game, possibly. This is a game based on Mafia but with some changes in  the rules that give it an entirely different flavor. First off the goal of the game is slightly different. In Mafia the object is to win by eliminating others. Some roles in this game have that goal, but the object is to survive for 10 days while different factions of players eliminate each other.

This game doesnt need a vote system, most of this will be handled by Private messages and whatever means players can communicate with each other. Daily A list of events will be released.

To Win

There are multiple factions in the game, every faction has the ability to recruit members. The winning group is determined by the group with the most players in it. It is possible to go from group to group to group. When the time limit is up the biggest group wins.

The Groups

Survivors
The Survivors to win must simply Survive

Killers
Can kill anything, however dead humans can be turned to Zombies so be careful. Killers have the same rules as cops when being attacked. If a killer chose one of the Zombies that is attacking him as its target it will kill him and another Zombie attacking him and escape. They do not work together.

Cops
Will always kill a Zombie during an attack unless they are swarmed by 3 Zombies. IE they all choose to attack him at the same time. Then the cop will be killed. Cops can protect humans from Zombies, but can't kill Zombies for it will risk killing human life. They can kill the Necromancer though. If a cop protects a human and that human is attacked by a Zombie that attacking Zombie is killed. If a cop protects a Zombie they will be killed.

Scientists
Are trying to cure all Zombies. If Zombie infection is completely cured then Scientists win. Scientists can do research on people to discover if they are a Zombie. They know who all the other Scientists are, and can choose to share information with people or not. Basically like the Mafia.

Mad Scientist
The Mad Scientist's alligence is to the Zombies and Necromancer. The Mad Scientist can infect one person per day.  The Mad Scientist and the Necromancer are good friends. They know each other quite well. On the 5th day he can choose an apprentice either a Scientist, or a regular Survivor. To infect someone there is three coin-flips. All players at the beginning of the game will be asked at the beginning of the game whateher they are heads or tails. You cant change your type.
000 not infected 001 not infected 010 not infected 100 not infected
011 infected 110 infected 111 infected(super zombie) 101 infected

The mad sicentist can be zombified, but infection has an incubation period of one day. After that day has passed that person is a Zombie. If he is cured by a scientist he once again becomes mad scientist.

Necromancer
The Necromancer gets a list of players who have died, he can then take that list and revive them as zombies. The Necromancer after 5 days can choose an apprentice. Either a mad scientist, or a Survivor. Whether they are revived or not is determined by 1 coinflip.

The necromancer is the one role that cannot be zombified

Zombies
Zombies start off as one, but as time progresses they get exponentially more powerful. Unlike the Scientist if a zombie  infects somebody they automatically become zombies. Infection is determined by Rochambeau(Rock, Paper, Scissors) Players will be informed that they are attacked. The zombie will chose a sign, if it beats the player, the player will be zombified, if it doesnt the player is safe.

a super zombie can infect up to two people, but super zombie-ism only lasts 1 day.

The Saint
every 2 days the Saint performs a miracle. He can choose to cure a person of zombism, or ressurect one dead player as a human by coinflip.

let me know if im missing something
and correct it...then we'll finaly start the signup thread

Daily CoinFlip
Each day you will be given the chance to earn some money.
Everyone starts off with $50 its takes $200 to earn a weopom(of the gamemasters choice)
Simply say Heads or Tales, and within your money range bet an amount. If you reach $200 you earn
a weopon. If a weopon is earned then the gamemaster will do a coinflip. Depending on this coinflip he will determine if this weopon is a one time thing or a full time thing.

Necromancers,  Mad Scientists, and Zombies. No matter what get their weopons as a one time use. A zombie gets to become super zombie for a day.

Survivors with a full time weopon become Killers.  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 08:28:19 AM »
Zombie Crisis:

Zombie Crisis is a survival horror game.  In the game Zombies have been let loose on a small community town, and slowly devouring the residents and taking over the town.  Unfortunately these Zombies are not the typical Zombies.  They are smart, can communicate and can organize.  This has brought the survivors into a paranoid state, for it is nearly impossible to tell the Zombies from regular people.  For decomposition stops once reanimation occurs.  

The point of the game is to survive.  Any human that is able to survive the Zombie attack is considered a winner.  However, humans and zombies are not the only ones in this town.  There are a group of mysterious Scientists that seem to know about these Zombies and can cure them, and even investigate their behaviors and determine which people are really Zombies.  These Scientists can help the survivors, but their sole goal is to cure all Zombies, and can only win by achieving that goal.

Cops are special survivors that are trying to uphold the law.  They are available to serve and PROTECT the people.  As such they can defend single humans from attacks...but defending a Zombie can lead to death.  Cops are restricted to only protecting people, because it is too risky to just kill randomly and hope they are Zombies.  Cops can also protect themselves from Zombie attacks.  When they are attacked by a Zombie the Zombie is automatically killed.  However, they can be overrun by several Zombies.

Killers:  When society crumbles and anarchy overcomes a society, people take actions into their own hands.  These killers are not evil, but are just trying to protect themselves.  As such they will kill anyone that threatens them.  They can also protect themselves from Zombie attacks just as the Cops.

Mad Scientist:  This is a special Scientist Role whom believes that Mankind is not destined to survive the next evolution.  He looks at the Zombies and believes that they are the next step in superior life.  He can do everything the Scientist can do except, he can also turn people into Zombies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 08:40:16 AM »
ok lets compile these together!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 12:47:28 PM »
I think the Perm has the game pretty much figured out with his rules.

I would say that if you earn a weapon you get to become a Cop or Killer period.  With the coin flip determining which.

Zombie Attacks:

Each Day each Zombie can attack one person once.  During Combat the Zombie and victim play Paper Rock Scissors via the gamemaster.  If the Zombie wins the player is turned into a Zombie instantly.

If the Survivor wins he escapes.  

The Necromancer gets a list of all Zombies and can coordinate attacks with them.  The Necromancer also gets the ability to turn dead humans into Zombies, but this is a 50/50 chance, and if it fails to succeed the first try that human is perminantly dead.  

If the Necromancer dies then the Mad Scientist can take his role in the game.  If the Mad Scientist doesn't take his role then all Zombies that were created by dead humans (EI turned by the Necromancer) immediately die.  If the Mad Scientist becomes a Necromancer another Mad Scientist will be created, and the new Necromancer will remain secret.

The game will last ten days.  If the Zombies start out with 2 members in ten days in 6 days the Zombies could have converted 64 players if all attacks are successful.  So that definately gives the game a survival type feel.

Cops do not have to act each day.  But Killers must chose somebody to kill each day.  

Dead Zombies or People should not PM any remaining people playing the game, and should remain inactive according to the game unless they are resurrected by the Necromancer.

Then they can choose to reveal that they are still in the game or not.  This allows dead people to remain a mystery player in the game.  However, it will be noted in the game if a dead person was raised from the dead into a Zombie.

I think that is all we need.  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 07:14:25 PM »
 Zombie Crisis I: Dawn of the Game

The Rules

Gameplay
Zombie Crisis is a survival horror game. In the game Zombies have been let loose on a small community town, and slowly devouring the residents and taking over the town. Unfortunately these Zombies are not the typical Zombies. They are smart, can communicate and can organize. This has brought the survivors into a paranoid state, for it is nearly impossible to tell the Zombies from regular people. For decomposition stops once reanimation occurs.

Players of Mafia will be right at home in this game, possibly. This is a game based on Mafia but with some changes in the rules that give it an entirely different flavor. First off the goal of the game is slightly different. In Mafia the object is to win by eliminating others. Some roles in this game have that goal, but the object is to survive for 10 days while different factions of players eliminate each other.

This game doesnt need a vote system, most of this will be handled by Private messages and whatever means players can communicate with each other. Daily A list of events will be released.

To Win

There are multiple factions in the game, every faction has the ability to recruit members. The winning group is determined by the group with the most players in it. It is possible to go from group to group to group. When the time limit is up the biggest group wins.

The Groups

Survivors
The Survivors to win must simply Survive

Killers
When society crumbles and anarchy overcomes a society, people take actions into their own hands. These killers are not evil, but are just trying to protect themselves. As such they will kill anyone that threatens them. They can also protect themselves from Zombie attacks just as the Cops. Killers have the same rules as cops when being attacked. If a killer chose one of the Zombies that is attacking him as its target it will kill him and another Zombie attacking him and escape. They do not work together.

Cops
Cops are special survivors that are trying to uphold the law. They are available to serve and PROTECT the people. As such they can defend single humans from attacks...but defending a Zombie can lead to death. Cops are restricted to only protecting people, because it is too risky to just kill randomly and hope they are Zombies. Cops can also protect themselves from Zombie attacks. When they are attacked by a Zombie the Zombie is automatically killed. However, they can be overrun by several Zombies. They can kill the Necromancer though.

Scientists
Are trying to cure all Zombies. If Zombie infection is completely cured then Scientists win. Scientists can do research on people to discover if they are a Zombie. They know who all the other Scientists are, and can choose to share information with people or not. Basically like the Mafia.

Mad Scientist
His is a special Scientist Role whom believes that Mankind is not destined to survive the next evolution. He looks at the Zombies and believes that they are the next step in superior life. He can do everything the Scientist can do except, he can also turn people into Zombies. The Mad Scientist's alligence is to the Zombies and Necromancer. The Mad Scientist can infect one person per day. The Mad Scientist and the Necromancer are good friends. They know each other quite well. On the 5th day he can choose an apprentice either a Scientist, or a regular Survivor. To infect someone there is three coin-flips. All players at the beginning of the game will be asked at the beginning of the game whateher they are heads or tails. You cant change your type.

000 not infected 001 not infected 010 not infected 100 not infected
011 infected 110 infected 111 infected(super zombie) 101 infected

The mad sicentist can be zombified, but infection has an incubation period of one day. After that day has passed that person is a Zombie. If he is cured by a scientist he once again becomes mad scientist.

also the Mad scientist can create 2 super zombies, however, only on the 4th and 8th day.

Necromancer
The Necromancer gets a list of players who have died, he can then take that list and revive them as zombies. The Necromancer after 5 days can choose an apprentice. Either a mad scientist, or a Survivor. Whether they are revived or not is determined by 1 coinflip. If the necromancer dies the Mad Scientist can become the Necromancer. If the Mad Scientist doesn't take his role then all Zombies that were created by dead humans (IE turned by the Necromancer) immediately die. If the Mad Scientist becomes a Necromancer another Mad Scientist will be created, and the new Necromancer will remain secret.

The necromancer is the one role that cannot be zombified

The Necromancer gets a list of all Zombies and can coordinate attacks with them. The Necromancer also gets the ability to turn dead humans into Zombies, but this is a 50/50 chance, and if it fails to succeed the first try that human is perminantly dead.

Zombies
Zombies start off as one, but as time progresses they get exponentially more powerful. Unlike the Scientist if a zombie infects somebody they automatically become zombies. Infection is determined by Rochambeau(Rock, Paper, Scissors) Players will be informed that they are attacked. The zombie will chose a sign, if it beats the player, the player will be zombified, if it doesnt the player is safe.

a super zombie can infect up to two people, but super zombie-ism only lasts 1 day.

The Saint
every 2 days the Saint performs a miracle. He can choose to cure a person of zombism, or ressurect one dead player as a human by coinflip.

Daily CoinFlip
Everyone starts off with $50 its takes $200 to earn a weopon(of the gamemasters choice)
Simply say Heads or Tales, and within your money range bet an amount. If you reach $200 you earn
a weopon. If a weopon is earned then the gamemaster will do a coinflip. Depending on this coinflip he will determine if this weopon is a one time thing or a full time thing.

Necromancers, Mad Scientists, and Zombies. No matter what get their weopons as a one time use. A zombie gets to become super zombie for a day.

Survivors with a full time weopon can either become a cop or killer...a coin flip determines this. Cops will be notified if this happens.

Survivors can also trade money and weapons with each other...even switching roles. A Cop can give a Survivor a gun and his role for $200. Or Somebody could give someone else $100.00 for the one time use weapon while that person gets closer to earning another weapon.

Also, how if you kill a zombie and they have money it becomes yours

for instance say

ManuelJohnson (who has 150)
Heads 25

Adrianchavez (who has 50)
Tails 25

if the gamemaster flips a coin and its tails here is the outcome
ManuelJohnson (125)
Adrianchavez (75)
if the gamemaster flips a coin and its heads here is the outcome
ManuelJohnson (175)
Adrianchavez (25)

so you can screw yourself, by being shrewd with your bets you can win lots of money. If your poor then no. Also lets implement a lottery. For bet of $1 and a number 1 through 10 you can earn $10
For the amount of $50 you can try to win the lost bet pool

the dead
Dead Zombies or People should not PM any remaining people playing the game, and should remain inactive according to the game unless they are resurrected by the Necromancer.

Then they can choose to reveal that they are still in the game or not. This allows dead people to remain a mystery player in the game. However, it will be noted in the game if a dead person was raised from the dead into a Zombie.    

if anything comes up we may make some rule changes, but it looka like the game is all set up.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 05:09:17 AM »
The Perm:  One final note that I thought would be cool.  Is that the Mad Scientist can create experiment on a Super Zombie.  These Zombies can make two actions a day...or if they target a killer or cop automatically kill them.

This gives a reason for the Necromancer to keep the Mad Scientist alive, and another reason for everyone to distrust the Scientists and try to figure who the Mad Scientist is.

Other than that the rules are pretty cool.  I am confused about the coin flips.  It would be easier if just each day as a survivor you automatically earn $50 dollars, and if you get to $250. Mid-way through you get a weapon.  Perhaps 50/50 it is a perminant weapon, and if it is perminant then you become either a cop or killer.  

Survivors can also trade money and weapons with eachother...even switching roles.  A Cop can give a Survivor a gun and his role for $200.  Or Somebody could give someone else $100.00 for the one time use weapon while that person gets closer to earning another weapon.  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2006, 08:44:04 AM »
the idea with a coinflip is you don't have to bet all your money, and also there is the possibility of losing money.

Basically instead of voting players can bet, heads or tails and any amount their character has. I like your idea of trading money...so i'll put it in the rules.

Also, how about if you kill a zombie and they have money it becomes yours

for instance say  

Heads   25

Tails   25  

ManuelJohnson (125)
Adrianchavez (75)
ManuelJohnson (175)
Adrianchavez (25)

so you can screw yourself, by being shrewd with your bets you can win lots of money. If your poor then no. Also lets implement a lottery. For bet of $1 and a number 1 through 10 you can earn $10
For the amount of $50 you can try to win the lost bet pool

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2006, 09:05:16 AM »
How about if money is left on a dead guy it goes into a lotto.

Using a Random number generator if you guess the number you win all the money.  That way there is chance.  Otherwise, only cops and killers can get money off of dead bodies, and they an accumulate money too quickly.

This way, there is a random chance nobody gets that extra money...because if you get too much money, and buy weapons it becomes to easy for the survivors.  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2006, 09:10:02 AM »
ooh you were right ahead of my post edit!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2006, 09:39:30 AM »
I think this game needs illustrations.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2006, 12:03:23 PM »
Ok, I think we have a game.  Lets start a new thread and begin taking names to see if anyone wants to sign up for the game.

If we try to tweak the game anymore, I think it will just get too micromanaged.

Perm: You did a great job compiling all our collective ideas.  So THANK YOU. For all your hard work.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2006, 05:21:10 PM »
I'd play, but I have neither Metroid Prime, nor the time. Maybe sometime around or after Christmas, if I get a job to catch up on some games I've been missing.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2006, 05:54:23 PM »
Can I just sign up to do the Mario Kart?  I dont have MP...  If not then I'm sadly out.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2006, 10:34:02 PM »
none of that metroid prime, or mari kart stuff anymore..its all reformed in such a way that everyone can play

http://www.planetgamecube.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=35&threadid=17843

complete rules

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2006, 10:16:40 PM »
Zombie Crisis II Rules

Zombies
If you become a zombie you are out of the game, unless you get cured.
Everyday there will be a hat draw. Depending on the number of zombies
that many people will be drawn.

Ghouls- 2 ghouls and a necromancer-
ghouls pick which people are to become zombies
with Swords Axes or Lances
If ghouls have a weopon they are like super zombies and can take out more people.
Necromancer raises the dead and cannot be zombified. The dead that are raised become ghouls

Serial Killer-the serial killer takes people out nightly

Survivors-their only hope is to not be zombified or to buy weopons

Scientists-cure people

the saint-ressurects people but can only ressurect 3 durring the game

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2006, 12:22:15 PM »
 Zombie Crisis I: Turbo

The Rules: Survive, the team with the biggest side wins

Gameplay

To Win
There are multiple factions in the game. The winning group is determined by the group with the most players in it(except the killer). It is possible to go from group to group to group. When the time limit is up the biggest group wins.

The Groups

Survivors
2 Cops
Each day a cop can protect someone from attack whether by zombie, killer, or ghoul

2 Scientists
Scientists attempt to cure somebody each day, however cannot cure ghouls. Ghouls will infect the scientist if he try's to cure them. Success is determined by coinflip.

Regular Survivors
Regular Survivors have no power but gambling. If they earn a weopon they can kill. They can either get temporary weopons or permanent weopons.

Army of Darkness
2 ghouls at the beginning of the game. Each day they infect one person to be a zombie. Their ghoul is to zombify everyone.

Necromancer-Raises the dead as zombies. Coinflip determines success.

Zombies-once the player has been zombified he looses all control of his character. No longer does he have his role powers. He however can purchase a cure by using his gambling money. The price for a cure is the same as a weopon. $200.

Depending on the number of zombies there will be a hat draw of names. The names will be the name of those who are impending infection. Each character will pick a sign(swords,axes, lances). There will be a zombie hat, and a survivor hat.

example I
zombie hat                     survivor hat
johnny  Sword              timmy   lance

Timmy is not zombified

example I
zombie hat                     survivor hat
johnny  Sword              timmy   axe

Timmy is zombified

Serial Killer
The serial killer kills random people. His job is to disrupt the balance of the game. He is out for himself and himself alone. The serial killer wins if everyone dies. If he gets a second (temporary)weopon he can kill two people that night. He is his own side. Serial Killer gets the money of those he kills.

Daily CoinFlip
Everyone starts off with $50 its takes $200 to earn a weapon(of the gamemasters choice)
a weapon. If a weapon is earned then the gamemaster will do a coinflip. Depending on this coinflip he will determine if this weapon is a one time thing or a full time thing.

Survivors can also trade money and weapons with each other
Also, if you kill a zombie and they have money it becomes yours

Example

Heads 25

Tails 25

ManuelJohnson (125)
Adrianchavez (75)
ManuelJohnson (175)
Adrianchavez (25)

so you can screw yourself, by being shrewd with your bets you can win lots of money. Also
there will be a lottery.
$1 chance to earn
$10 chance to earn $50

example
Lotto $1 #7

Private Messaging
edmundmakaveli at yahoo.com is my Wanc LeRing e-mail adress
it would be best if you use that because I can keep it organized  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2006, 10:59:32 AM »
ok so with Christmas coming up, i know you guys are going to have alot of spare time....so we should start this up and actually run it

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2006, 11:21:59 AM »
Nothing says Christmas like Zombies eating flesh.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2006, 11:52:06 AM »

Originally posted by: ThePerm
ok so with Christmas coming up, i know you guys are going to have alot of spare time....so we should start this up and actually run it
This is the opposite of common sense.  Common sense tells us that with Christmas coming up many of us will be traveling to see friends and family and won't have a lot of spare time to play Internet forum games.  How about we wait until after the New Year?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2006, 07:44:09 PM »

Personally, I'm hanging out for 18 Days' game. Several mafia factions makes for sheer craziness.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2007, 12:06:38 PM »
October looms near, and if i can get my computer running...this may kick some ass. Iv become super versed in zombie fiction in the last year,  so a more refined version of the game can come into fruition.

object
be the team with the most people

teams

regular people
Zombies & Mad Scientist
Ghouls & Necromancer

i think the lottery was a bit of a complex and hard to manage system. While cool it made the game over complicated and hard to manage.
In this version we'll have 5 loot zones. They'll be different places each day. Its a guess which one of those places will actually have any loot.
If two or more people loot the same place then they'll have to split the loot evenly.

regular people are just regular people, but they can buy guns and kill one person each day

the mad scientist is the controller of the zombies, he creates them and once they become zombies their out of the game.

the necromancer is exactly like the mad scientist, his goal is to turn everyone into ghouls, ghouls are similarly out of the game

the game would probably run for about 7 days.

i dont know, the game was complex last time, it be nice to simplify it and make it workable.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2007, 12:14:27 PM »

October looms near, and if i can get my computer running...this may kick some ass

Sweet! I'd love to smash some Zombie heads. Not as fun as baby seal heads, but much easier to find.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2007, 12:44:31 PM »
Dead thread  rising from the grave is fitting dontcha think?

Sounds a bit stacked against the townies...

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2007, 12:45:24 PM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Dead thread  rising from the grave is fitting dontcha think?

Sounds a bit stacked against the townies...

More to kill.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2007, 01:01:49 PM »
After this last game we need one stacked against the townies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2007, 02:18:25 PM »
i think townies will have a large number at the beginning, like 20-25. there will only be one mad scientist and one necromancer(maybe not even that)

perhaps there will be a ghoul and a zombie....maybe vampires...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2007, 09:12:46 AM »
I will sign up and play.  Zombie be what Zombie Eat and all that.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Crisis:Forum Game
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2009, 12:40:22 AM »
this was a devlopment thread

Signup and rules thread
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=17843.0
day 1
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=17918.0
day 2
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=17934.0
day 3
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=17950.0

technically not a mafia, but close, these threads should probably be moved to the mafia section for reference

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2009, 06:41:56 PM »
Perm are you going to start up a new game?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2009, 08:40:59 PM »
i was in talks with spak spang, he might host one, but i would like it if the zombie threads were moved to the mafia forum. Hosting it was kinda difficult, organizing pms is a pain. I'd rather participate than host.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2009, 11:06:36 PM »
Well, after I host my Mafia game, I don't think I will host another game while I am in Korea.  The time difference would just be too wonky to overcome.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2009, 02:47:49 AM »
lol the time difference, i talked to my brother on my birthday, he's too difficult to synch with.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2015, 08:27:50 AM »
With Halloween approaching I may bring this thread from the dead.  8 years have come and gone, and this time I'll really think through the rules before I start a game. Currently I work at a Halloween shop. My Schedule is pretty regular, so I can make this happen.

This will be more straight forward. It will have simplified rules.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:31:23 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2015, 05:21:37 PM »
I'd be down so long as there is limited time commitment.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2015, 02:50:24 AM »
i should figure out the rules in such a way that they can be only 8 days. Or maybe its a not a daily thing.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: RE: Zombie Crisis:Forum Game
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2015, 08:44:29 PM »
You crazy Australians and your crazy references. Go listen to your Keith Urban and gaze wistfully at your Heath Ledger posters.
you bloody wat mate! 1v1! Arceus only!
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2015, 08:47:03 PM »
and they call me a an ass... Vudu your personal title is so mean! why do I get in trouble for saying stuff like that to bob, but it's O.K. for him to do it? That's being an asshole.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2015, 09:25:07 PM »
Vudu iss dead Lucario. He was killed in a forum gathering. No one has any idea who the person is who currently runs the account. We just sort of roll with it to keep the forums rolling along.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2015, 12:57:07 AM »