Author Topic: Quake II Now Available On eShop  (Read 969 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Quake II Now Available On eShop
« on: August 10, 2023, 08:55:21 AM »

The back-filling of the old ID catalogue continues.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/64497/quake-ii-now-available-on-eshop

The Switch has added another classic first person shooter to its arsenal.

A listing for Quake II (1997) is now live on the eShop for US$9.99 or equivalent, continuing the biannual release of ID shooters around the QuakeCon expo following the classic Doom games in 2019 and a remastered version of the original Quake in 2021.

The original release is bundled with a new expansion developed by Machine Games (modern Wolfenstein dev team) called "Call of the Machine", and the N64 version of Quake II is also included as free DLC.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Quake II Now Available On eShop
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 11:47:49 AM »
There are also open pre-orders for a physical switch version (regular, special, and ultimate editions) at Limited Run Games.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Quake II Now Available On eShop
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 03:16:45 PM »
I've been hoping for this since the first game released, glad to see it happen! The game is still great, fast 'n furious action with an interesting level structure, and similar frantic multiplayer. It also has a left-handed character option, a true rarity! This game also handles the N64 game's levels better than the first one did: it's now listed as one of the expansions rather than a separate add-on, so it's available with the full suite of options and no forced ugly low-res CRT filter.