Author Topic: Ace Combat 7 Landing On Switch July 11  (Read 832 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Ace Combat 7 Landing On Switch July 11
« on: January 17, 2024, 03:00:00 AM »

A bit of a random one, but potentially cool.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/66014/ace-combat-7-landing-on-switch-july-11

For the first time ever, one of the most unusual flight combat series will be available on a Nintendo console.

Bandai Namco have announced that Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - the 2019 release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - will come to Switch on July 11. The Switch release will be a "Deluxe Edition" and will include three maps and aircraft sets that were previously downloadable content alongside a music player mode and additional aircraft and skins.

The Ace Combat series debuted in 1995 on the PlayStation under the name "Air Combat", and this is the first time a game in the main series will appear on a Nintendo home system. A spinoff title was released on the GBA, and the second game in the franchise was remade in 2015 as one of the first third party titles to use Amiibo functionality of the New 3DS.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Ace Combat 7 Landing On Switch July 11
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 11:51:24 AM »
I have played the PC version and it's competitor, Project Wingman. Hard NO on AC7. Play the PS2 games or HAWX or anything else.

Skipping the many, many console-PC port issues, it's like Project Aces forgot how to make an AC game, or the competition has surpassed it. You can't help but feel they spent more money on sleep inducing CGI cutscenes than QA or development. It's not even good-looking for its time.

You never feel badass, it's boring. A rando probably wrote the story with $50 and two hours. Never had the urge to replay or grind for unlocks. The F22 felt so disappointing. The dialogue is pandering, greasing you up to win the entire war not because you are good, but because they can't be bothered. Weapons are terrible, universally weak, low ammo count, comically archaic restricted loadout options. The gun is exceptionally weak with a non-functional reticle that gets in the way, you are literally better off guessing. The AI is a joke, so much processing power available yet it's PS2 level in scale and quality.

I could go on. Just no.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?