Author Topic: Charlie Sheen  (Read 12113 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Sheen
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 12:45:25 PM »
I'm more than a handful... ;)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 01:18:35 PM »
I bet I can name  a handful of forum goers who would take advantage of that situation...

It seems the number goes beyond a "handful" if that "young woman" is vudu.

Here's the thing Mr. Smasher, he's not as crazy as he's acting. He acts nuts for publicity. He got on twitter "to make money." It's all about "all eyes on me."

He's doing the Tiger Woods thing in reverse, and the media is LOVING it.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 06:20:24 PM »
I hope his last tweet before he inevitably goes dark is "QUEENSBRIDGE!!"
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
According to the radio, Sheens ex-wife has dropped the restraining order, allowing him to keep the "Goddesses" and still visit his children, in exchange for not divulging the secrets/details of the things they used to do in the bedroom (and apparently out of it too).

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 11:52:27 PM »
I bet I can name  a handful of forum goers who would take advantage of that situation...

It seems the number goes beyond a "handful" if that "young woman" is vudu.

Here's the thing Mr. Smasher, he's not as crazy as he's acting. He acts nuts for publicity. He got on twitter "to make money." It's all about "all eyes on me."

He's doing the Tiger Woods thing in reverse, and the media is LOVING it.
And how much acting was involved when he beat up his wife not too long ago?

I don't deny the possibility that he's trying to get attention by going over the top, but that's even more reason the media to not broadcast it.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
I think it's great that Two and a Half men has been cancelled. That show was never funny.

It hasn't been canceled, they just ended the season. You may not like the show, but you are in the minority as it is the most popular sitcom on TV. I haven't watched it in awhile (I am watching wrestling on Mondays at 9), but I enjoy the show and find it really funny.
I really, really hope this isn't true. Everything is wrong with people if that is the case and Two and Half Men is the most watched sitcom. As far as American shows go Modern Family and Community are the best new shows around to challenge 30 Rock as the funniest American show on television. Of course everything from Britain is funnier but I'm still watching reruns of League of Gentlemen, Black Books and Father Ted. Outnumbered was the best new show from the islands lately.

But god. I swear to god Last year channel 9 was showing Two and Half Men up to 3 times a night. It was unbearable. Even How I Met Your Mother was funnier and that show only has one good character. (Two and a half men has none, Community has 8 ) Maybe that's why it rates so well, there are now so many episodes (all of whcih are the exact same **** witht eh exact same jokes and actors wearing the exact same clothes) that it is actually impossible to avoid and rates soley on sheer volume alone.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:49:15 PM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 01:06:31 PM »
It was the most popular with new episodes, now that its in re-runs the most popular comedy is The Big Bang Theory (even re-runs of TAHM get around 12 million viewers though, US ratings). Community struggles and is likely only still on the air because NBC in general is suffering with ratings. Modern Family is doing alright but is not a smash hit. 30 Rock is like Arrested Development was: a favorite among critics but not that big in number of viewers.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 03:24:56 PM »
Which just goes to show you, the vast majority of American TV viewers are idiots. I don't care if Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory get 50 million viewers an episode; they're still complete **** compared to Community and Parks & Recreation.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 03:45:39 PM »
Agreed. Have you ever seen clips of Big Bang Theory with the laugh track removed? It's just awkward, not funny whatsoever. I think Community sucks too, but I only watched like the first 3 or 4 episodes. The jokes are just too quick (and not funny), it's over-scripted.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2011, 05:12:59 PM »
Which just goes to show you, the vast majority of American TV viewers are idiots. I don't care if Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory get 50 million viewers an episode; they're still complete **** compared to Community and Parks & Recreation.

Ron Swanson updated today. It brought me unrelenting joy.

In the same vein: Charlie Sheen Crossing
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »
****, that Ron Swanson thing makes me regret not looking at this thread sooner!  Parks & Rec is the best!  I can usually determine what my favourite TV show is by how much I anticipate each episode.  The Office used to be that show.  Parks & Rec became that show last season.  Ron is naturally my favourite character.  Hell, I like him as a person.  I think it would be cool to hang out with him and go for some steak or breakfast food.  I figure when I'm middle-aged I'll either be like Ron Swanson or The Dude from the Big Lebowski.  There is probably no middle ground for me.

It's funny to have this crossover with Sheen considering that Parks & Rec and Two and a Half Men are like on the exactly opposite ends of the TV comedy spectrum.  Anyone who likes Two and a Half Men would have no idea who Ron Swanson is and would probably never find him funny because they, you know, would have no sense of humour.

Fun fact about Two and a Half Men.  My friend says his dad watches the show all the time but never EVER laughs at it.  Like he just turns on the show and stares at it but never once cracks a smile or laughs.  Later I got a chance to observe this in person.  Two and a Half Men is HARD show for me to watch for even like five minutes.  The jokes are all so obvious and lame.  My dad describes them as "clunkers" which I think is a good term for desperate unfunny gags that fail to get a response.  And, yes, my friend's dad just sits there and watches the show, never laughing.  It's a comedy.  If you're not finding it funny why the hell would you watch it?  Anyway it's a **** show.  I found out one of my co-workers likes it and I can honestly say it affected my opinion of him.

My attitude regarding Sheen is that he's free to do what he wants to do with his life.  He has no right to ruin his children's or ex-wife's lives however so it all depends on specifically what he is doing.  I don't want him to destroy himself, like I generally don't want anyone to.  But I can't deny that the comments he has made publicly are hilarious.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2011, 11:59:17 PM »
YEAH RON SWANSON. Parks and Rec is the best comedy on TV right now.

Best Characters:
1. Ron Swanson
2. Andy
3. April Ludgate

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 04:50:32 PM »
Agreed. Have you ever seen clips of Big Bang Theory with the laugh track removed? It's just awkward, not funny whatsoever.

I could not disagree more. The joke are great, the characters are actually interesting (unlike some sitcoms that are liked by critics but get mediocre ratings), and the storylines are good. Maybe you don't get into it (the same way Frasier was a funny intellectual sitcom, and because of that some people didn't like it), but I don't think you have watched much of the show.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 06:56:53 PM »
All the characters on The Big Bang Theory put together still aren't as interesting as Ron Swanson.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 07:07:20 PM »
I don't get the appeal of The Office or Parks and Recreation. I have tried to get into both, but I found both boring and the "humor" didn't exist (I could tell when they were trying to deliver jokes, but did not find them funny).

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2011, 12:14:39 AM »
Anyway, back to the topic: Charlie Sheen.

So his twitter has become the thing to follow lately and it's just ridiculous. The guy is delusional. I'm all for people living life how they like and being in a spiral of madness, I;m guilty of it myself at times, but Charlie actually thinks he's the ****. THe guy's unemployed, estranged from his children, hasn't starred in a decent film since Platoon. He pays women for sex. The guy is a loser and yet his #winning hashtag is trending on twitter. And it's like everyone telling him he's top **** is just egging him on to fail further.

I almost pity him.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2011, 12:22:07 AM »
He's burning the candle at both ends right now.

He is also a professional entertainer, so just let him do his thing and entertain us. That is why he is so famous in the first place.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2011, 12:24:17 AM »
But right now I don't think he is trying to entertain us, his life is just spiraling down in a entertaining way.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2011, 12:31:57 AM »
and that is entertaining us.

He knows he is making a public spectacle of himself (not that I'm paying attention... I haven't even seen the infamous interview yet), so in turn he knows that we are being entertained by him and his antics. He wouldn't be on TV, Radio and the Internet if he wasn't trying to make sure he was everywhere right now.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2011, 07:29:55 AM »
I just want to reiterate that Charlie Sheen is my hero.

He is getting PAID cash money for his antics post-TAHM. How? By being a media darling.

This guy is smarter than he looks and funnier than hell. Sure he doesn't look healthy. A mountain of coke will do that. Sure he doesn't have the respect of his wife or maybe even his kids. But he can work on that.

Till then, keep it up Charlie!

P.s. I've watched about 5 minutes of TAHM and kinda chuckled once, but then quickly changed it. That shows terrible. But I have a dis-affinity to shows with laugh tracks. I hate being told when to laugh.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 07:32:00 AM by The Unagi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2011, 10:21:56 AM »
TAHM was better when the kid was little. It was funny to see a tv kid being like a real kid. Now though, its meh. There are plenty of spoiled stupid teens on MTV, Nick, Disney, etc... After growing up with Growing Pains and Who's The Boss or even 8 Is Enough and The Brady Bunch, it was nice to see a kid like what's his face. Now, he's fugly, awkward, and the character just hasn't changed over the years when its obvious he would be different. Its like he's coasting, if that makes sense.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »
I haven't actually watched TAHM in a few years. One reason is that I prefer watching wrestling, the other is because Jake really got annoying when puberty hit him. Now his is more annoying.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »
2&½人 is kinda funny. I'm not one to like traditional 3 camera laugh track sitcoms, but yeah the actors are just playing themselves.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »
LOSING!!
Good luck trying to put a “Winning!” spin on this, Charlie Sheen. CBS and Warner Bros. Television have reached a joint decision to fire the troubled actor from Two and a Half Men. “After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen’s services on Two and a Half Men effective immediately,” read the statement.
A decision regarding the future of the series — i.e. to recast or simply cancel — has not yet been made.
http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/breaking-charlie-sheen-terminated-from-two-and-a-half-men/
Incoming John Stamos.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2011, 05:16:50 PM »
Insulting the shows creator AND the head of the network that airs the show will cause that.

I think Stamos would be a good replacement.