Author Topic: Another Zelda in development?  (Read 7108 times)

Offline Don'tHate742

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Another Zelda in development?
« on: April 20, 2003, 09:07:16 AM »
Do you think Nintendo is already starting on another zelda, kinda like how Retro Studies is already starting on Metriod Prime 2? Also, if they have already started, do you think it would be a more mature game like SP00'. I don't think it would take them long to make, well maybe like a year or so, becuase they already have the two most important models -Link--Gannon- made and ready to go.

hopefully they show us something at SP(if they are having it this year) or E3 04'

"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2003, 09:11:38 AM »
its almost a given that they are working on a new zelda for something
i do believe they are now trying to cut down the time it usually takes them to release games
the big name games will come back on the gamecube probably but not for a little while
i would say another 2 years and we should see another zelda
i believe that it was 2 years after ocarina came out that majora'a mask was shipped
but i dont think we will see anything this year at e3
i would bet nintendo is probably going to highlight alot of 3rd party games along with some of their own (mario kart, mario tennis and golf, game zero, silicon knights games, fzero)
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2003, 09:16:56 AM »
I see....but i was talking about next years E3 (E3 04)
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2003, 09:53:39 AM »
The only way I would want Nintendo to make a Zelda game is a good Zelda game. The only way to accomplish that is to take their time. If they speed through it, I doubt the game will be any where near as good as Wind Waker. And this would bring the question wether or not they want to release the game before the new console race, probably around 2005-2006. This all goes down to Nintendo's final decision.

I personally would like them to hold off on a Zelfda title  for Gamecube, and have it for launch on that next console.

Offline Squall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2003, 10:03:17 AM »
If they do I'd like to see them make some improvements to the graphics (which I find are a little overrated).  A little more variety in the environments, less blurry textures, clear water (like against the final boss), much more polished water (quite a few things to do with that) and probably a few other little things.  I mean, the graphics are great but there are quite a few very obvious flaws.

Something a little more innovative than WW was too.  Of course, I'd rather see a brand new game than another Zelda.  1 game in each major franchise each gen I say.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2003, 10:24:41 AM »
It doesn't matter to me.  I'll get it regardless.  I know that it will be good.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2003, 11:29:42 AM »
Miyamoto has already confirmed that there will be another Zelda for the GCN.
It will probably end up being one of the very last games released on the console.
I don't think it will be a traditional Zelda game though. Miyamoto seems to be getting bored with the same old formulas in his games. I think that's one of the key reasons he liked the cel-shadeing. It made Wind Waker into more than just some graphically updated Oot.
So my guess is the next Zelda game on the GCN will be a huge departure from the norm.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2003, 12:10:48 PM »
When the next Zelda comes out I will be angry if character emotions are not shown just as much or even more then they were in the WW.  If realisticnes takes that away then I don't want it, if realistic graphics make Link look stupid when he does his flashing A moves then I would be angry. I don't care if its realistic or not as long as thoughs things are present. And Miyamoto did say they would make at least 2 Zeldas for the GCN.  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2003, 12:16:35 PM »
what makes anyone here so certain that they ever stopped production on the version we all saw at space world?  it is quite possible that it has been a secret ongoing thing even while the WW was being finished up.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2003, 12:28:05 PM »
In one of his recent interviews Miyamoto said that they still have all that SW2K stuff and its up and running, he said something like they didn't just throw it away. He said something about using it if a Zelda game requires it.  

Does anyone remember when he said he didn't like where Zelda was going with the realistic graphics and that earing? But in that interview I was just talking about he said that they still love the realistic Link. Maybe they just love Link and hate the realistic world he was in.  

RomanceDawn

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2003, 12:46:24 PM »
Im guessing Miyamoto doesn't want Zelda to go as realistic as Sonic did in Sonic Adventure 1 &2.  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2003, 02:59:15 PM »
I guess we dont know, and all we know is that what Myiamoto said. Their looking into it, as to wether theyll use the SW2K engine or something else.
LZ 2005

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2003, 04:53:27 PM »

Originally posted by: Lord_die_seis
Im guessing Miyamoto doesn't want Zelda to go as realistic as Sonic did in Sonic Adventure 1 &2.

How was Sonic realistic in Sonic Adventure 1 & 2? Sonic's levels played like 3D versions of the old 2D Sonic games. The problem with Sonic Adventure were the non Sonic levels...which sucked hard in Sonic Adventure 2. Anyway to the topic at hand. Miyamoto did state there would be another Zelda on GC, and if goes with the realistic look they already have the basic engine for that. I don't think the next Zelda will go with that look, I'd like to see an epic Zelda game done with the more realistic look but that doesn't seem to be Miyamoto's vision so I wouldn't bet on it.

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2003, 06:04:08 PM »
*sits there twiddling thumbs waiting for PAL Wind Waker* ARG! The wait is killing me, i NEED this game, only... 19 more days...

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2003, 06:20:00 PM »
hey does anyone remember the interview were Miyamoto said that he could not imagine an adult link in cel-shaded form and he pointed out that link never became an adult in WW. So unless they make link a boy the whole game again then we will se a realistic Zelda game.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2003, 06:52:03 PM »
I think what Lord_die_seis meant by  Miyamoto not wanting Zelda to go realistic like SA1 and 2 he ment by the fantasy elements in the game. I wouldn't say SA1 but SA2 had all them realistic stages and areas Sonic and co. ran around in. Alot of the make believe jibberish wasn't there and I don't think i'd like the a Zelda game as much if it went super realistic.  

RomanceDawn

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2003, 08:56:18 PM »
I think Star Fox Adventures is a great example for Nintendo to base their next Zelda game on. The environments and everything else are superbly detailed, and not only that, but the characters also have a great level of facial animations.
They have problems getting things 'properly' realistic, so try to solve those problems!
You know how when a character goes up to a wall, and you noticably see them partially go through it? Then create a better collision detection system.
IS all I need to say.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Lao-tzu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2003, 09:01:06 PM »
Well, with all this talk about cell shading, I think it's important to think about this:

Cell- shaded WW looked a WHOLE OT like OoT.  It was clearer, and more defigned, but it was OoT.  (And MM)

I don't think cell shading was enough to make WW innovative in the Zelda series.  It will be remembered as the game that came after OoT..and that's fine - it is, after all, a sequel.

But I garentee that the next zelda game will not be such a similar game to OoT and MM.

Nintendo is putting the emphisis on innovation this coming year, and I think they are going to have to redefine Zelda.

That means a complete gameplay style change.  It could be more dungons, less exploration, no more z-targeting, all talking and towns, or something else totally unexpected.

You won't be seeing an other Wind Waker, or a game that goes .. "And THEN Link goes somewhere else, and saves it."

Think different Link, Different world, Different style.
Name: Aaron
Town: Hobbiton

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2003, 12:56:53 AM »
I really think the next Zelda wont be like WW unless for pragmatic reasons (easier to programm etc) which cant be that important given that the SW2K engine is also ready available.

BTW, why does everyone think it wouldnt be possible to display emotions well enough with realistic faces? Some emotion were even very evident in OOT, and add a couple thousand more polys to a face and you should be able to do it well. Remember the SW2K demo, I thought that displayed emotions quite well.
LZ 2005

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2003, 04:56:42 AM »
Well, i did sorta touch on this with my last post.
Star Fox Adventures does facial emotions really, really well.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2003, 08:29:50 AM »

Originally posted by: Lao-tzu
Nintendo is putting the emphisis on innovation this coming year, and I think they are going to have to redefine Zelda.

That means a complete gameplay style change.  It could be more dungons, less exploration, no more z-targeting, all talking and towns, or something else totally unexpected.

You won't be seeing an other Wind Waker, or a game that goes .. "And THEN Link goes somewhere else, and saves it."

Think different Link, Different world, Different style.

How is that innovation?  That's still the same style of gameplay.  Link would still be going into dungeons and towns.  Not to mention exploration has always been the main theme of the game.  And all Link can do is save worlds.  That is what Link does every Zelda game.  He saves the world and stops the evil villian, which is Ganon in most cases.  I do not think we'll be seeing Link do something else than saving the world.  

Nintendo's trying hard to innovate Zelda every time.  With Majora was the time system.  With the Wind Waker was sailing on the ocean.  I think what would be cool (perhaps innovative) for the next Zelda is to make the game truly non-linear.  Let the gamer tackle any dungeon he wants.  Do not make the game a collecting quest (The gods' pearls, medallions, etc.) but make it a quest for something else besides a quest to collect a certain amount of something like medallions in order to gain something to defeat evil with.      
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2003, 10:42:39 AM »
sorry but *COUGH*
I'll let the link explain everything.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2003, 12:09:05 PM »
It explains very little, but okay.

I think Wind Waker was revolutionary.  The combat is spectacular, and all the miniquests and characters are very good.  Cel-shading did not revolutionize it (though it is a revolutionary style and is very cool and effective), it only helped.  The game is innovative, and I of all people should know.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2003, 12:14:24 PM »
Fine I'll explain a little more on the link.  The link is a snapshot preview of nextmonths Nintendo Power.  Not the april issue the may issue.  Also please don't say its the Link from Soul Caliber, they already previewed that in the issue before.  Why would they show another Link in black?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2003, 12:18:13 PM »
They may just be using that image if they don't know what it will turn out to be, but I see your point.  Well, all we can do is wait.