Author Topic: Gettin' Cube...finally!  (Read 209914 times)

Offline babble

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally! (Official "What game should I get?" Thread)
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2003, 06:51:51 AM »

Originally posted by: z_911
which should i buy? die hard for 19.99 (us) 29.99 (canadian) or timesplitters 2 29.99 (us) 44.99 (canadian)?

TimeSplitters 2! The one player and the multiplayer parts are huge. A great game all around.
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2003, 10:27:49 AM »
Plus I heard Die Hard outright sucks.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Riotamus

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2003, 12:15:53 PM »
If you recently owned a PS or whatever and your as big a fan as i am of the RE series and the movie, then i suggest getting the updated (some) versions of the series, imagine every RE game on one console, but hey!!, that's me.

Offline CrYpTiC

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »
One of my favorite games on the GC that I think everyone should have is NBA Street. This game is a blast to play especially with friends. You can come up with your own combos, dunks, tricks, all sorts of stuff. Best of all theres a whole bunch of things to unlock in both modes and high scores. I'm definetly getting NBA Street 2.  
Best Browser Available
http://www.mozilla.org
Download Phoenix today!
Screw IE!

Offline Riotamus

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2003, 05:36:21 PM »
I've seen a few people recommend Pikmin and i agree as it was the second game i bought for my cube and thought it was brilliant, but it is way too short, so i recommend you hire this game as you will master it in a couple if not one day. Can't wait for the sequel.

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2003, 09:42:33 AM »
I love racing games and was bound and determined to buy Tube Sliders, but snow has delayed me and now I'm torn between Star Fox and Tube Sliders. I don't know much about SFA so any input would help. Thank you in advance.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2003, 12:43:41 PM »
That depends on whether or not you have a pre-order in for Wind Waker.  I played SFA before OoT and although it's a good game with great graphics, it's not a great game.  Combat is really basic without much variation, the puzzles are good but you can figure most of them out pretty easily, and the story is just weird.

It's a fun game.  It's definitely not a racing game, though.  I'm not sure how high the replayability is, either -- there are precious few sidequests, most of which aren't very interesting.

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2003, 04:26:21 AM »
Thanks, I'll probably wait until the SFA price goes down.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

Offline Samwise Gamgee

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2003, 05:34:35 AM »
SUPA SMASH BROTHERS!!!!!!!!
"I made a promise! A promis; Don't you leave him Samewise Gamgee, and i don't mean to, i don't mean to!"

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2003, 06:01:37 AM »

Thanks, I'll probably wait until the SFA price goes down.

^Yeah its not THAT great. Really good game though if you are looking for a more colorful adventure with awesome graphics. Something went wrong with this game leaving it far below expectations, we all had such high hopes for this one and it dissapointed. It wasnt bad at all, just not really as epic and brilliant as it looked.
Boy I was hyped for that game, I thought it would be a real Zelda replacement when I was stilled bummed out about the Celshaded graphics and ultimately it didnt even come near Zelda.

Id say pick this after Metroid, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil in one player adventures. But with games like PN03, FF:CC, Zelda, Virtua Fighter RPG, Mario 128..... you have single player experiences that are much more promising and worth the money.
A good game after all, and if you have lots of money, go get it.
LZ 2005

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2003, 06:21:23 AM »
Let it be known that I try to keep about $80 (I'm 15) of spending money around and I don't own Metroid but hope to get it on my birthday. Thanks for your help.

Offline Dr. Egman

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2003, 03:44:15 PM »
You should've gotten a Gamecube from Day One like I did. Anyway, I'm glad you decided to not be a hater! You should get a few Wavebirds when you're buds come over. Thank god for Nintendo's new deals because they're working out for you. You should DEFINATELY get Metroid Prime for free, then get Super Smash Bro. Melee and Pikmin as players choice titles. Next reserve Zelda, duh! Finally get Animal Crossing, Skies of Arcadia, Mario Sunshine, Rogue Leader, Eternal Darkness, and if you got a modem adaptor you should definately get Phantasy Star Online, if you got tons of cash to blow.  
I don't have a life!!!
I have an existance!!!

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2003, 03:47:31 PM »
Alright everyone i dont think it really matters responding to what game the person should get since the person already got their cube and everything
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2003, 06:44:41 PM »
Except that this thread is the official "what game should I get" thread...

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2003, 06:53:38 PM »
Okay guys, I've taken you guys up on your suggestions and I rented Eternal Darkness. As of right now, I've been playing it for about 20 minutes, and I am not liking the game one bit. But I do plan on getting my weeks worth of play, and playing it more to try and decide if I actually like it. It's not that bad of a game really, but I wouldn't give it a straight 10/10. Right now, it'd be more like 6.7/10.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Duriez

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2003, 07:45:54 PM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
just an observation on the Mario Sunshine debate,  mario sunshine seems to be a bit like Mario 2, that wasn't really a follow on from Mario 1 and as such didn't sell nearly as well as 1 or 3.

So following that logic a little further, maybe the next Super Mario game will be like SMB 3.  That would be awesome

Offline RockmanX

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2003, 11:53:00 PM »
"...and since when does Mario go on a vacation?"
Since Super Mario World

I liked Sunshine, I rented it but too many other great games were out before I could buy it.  Although, I've never played Mario 64, I didn't get a 64 till later on in like 98 or 99...

Originally posted by: Munky
Okay guys, I've taken you guys up on your suggestions and I rented Eternal Darkness. As of right now, I've been playing it for about 20 minutes, and I am not liking the game one bit. But I do plan on getting my weeks worth of play, and playing it more to try and decide if I actually like it. It's not that bad of a game really, but I wouldn't give it a straight 10/10. Right now, it'd be more like 6.7/10.

I felt exactly the same way, wait till you get up to chapter 3 at least.  I was sucked straight in.

Offline dmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2003, 07:00:13 AM »
i'll throw in my 2 cents...go with mario sunshine or eternal darkness. at this point you can get madden 2003 for under $20 at most blockbuster (in the used bin). if you get madden, play franchise mode and take the LB Mo Means in the draft after you complete your first season, he's one heck of a MLB

i also like Time Splitters 2 and Medal of Honor.  

Offline IllegalCheeser

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2003, 09:37:53 AM »
I heard mention of Star Wars games, anyways, I suggest they try out Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. I just picked it up and I swear the Multi is better than SSB:M!  It's great fun to just run around and kill 10 other people with your lightsaber.  And The Single player is a good FPS, I haven't even gotten to the part where you get lightsaber and force powers, but so far I've been having a blast. I suggest at least looking into a rental.
Don't Put Marbles in Your Nose!

Offline DiggleD44

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2003, 11:10:45 AM »
 Well i already have a gamecube, but since this is the official "What game should i get?" thread, i'll ask any way. Which should i get Skie's of Arcadia Legends or PSO
MetallicA rules all.

Offline DiggleD44

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2003, 11:12:49 AM »
Oh, and I only have enough cash for one right now. (I"m 13)
MetallicA rules all.

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2003, 01:34:09 PM »
I liked Skies more than PSO. They both last for quite awhile, PSO a bit more. Skies has an awesome story, PSO's is so-so. And with PSO you have to pay that monthly fee if you wan't to go online, but it's not much better than offline mode. I love Skies's battle system and traveling around in an airship is very fun. Fighting hordes and hordes of monsters over and over through the same 4 levels in PSO gets tiring. Overall I would say Skies is the way to go.
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline DiggleD44

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2003, 02:41:13 PM »
Thanks
MetallicA rules all.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2003, 06:30:43 PM »
Yeah, PSO is really only if you're going to dish out for the monthly fee.  I mean, it's online, so a lot of the development time was spent creating that portion of the game.  Which means that if you never use it, you're not getting the full game.

With Skies, it's all there.  And it's a great game, to boot

Offline BoMbErMaN123

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2003, 06:46:00 PM »
I would recommend getting(and if somebody already said the games im about to say im sorry) Super Monkey Ball 2,TimeSplitters 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, NBA Streets, Super Smash Bros., Eternal Darkness, RE0, Wave Race: Blue Storm, and Sonic Adventure 2:Battle.
". . . And you shall shed tears of scarlet." Vicious, Cowboy Bebop