Author Topic: Gettin' Cube...finally!  (Read 210721 times)

Offline WhoDey

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally! (Official "What game should I get?" Thread)
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2003, 06:26:50 PM »
"Star Fox Adventures is worth it, too"

"Im sorry, but dont get SF:A or Eternal Darkness. I completely beat both games and they totally suck"

"SF:A is only good if you like banjo kazooie/tooie etc. (collect-me-ups)"

"but I would say SFA was worth the buy. I loathe Banjo-Kazooie, and all the games Rare has made, but this one was okay."

Just to prove how valuable it is to try a game out for yourself and not listen to others, let me throw in my opinion too. I have bought SFA and played through it twice. I would say it's a little above average when you look at the total package and definitely not up there with Nintendo's titles or even Rare's previous games. I, however, loved both Banjo games on the N64. So there you are, another contradicting opinion to what everyone else has listed  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2003, 03:18:51 PM »
However, do listen to others opinions to an extent.  That's something I've learned.  Trust your instincts, but also trust the experiences of others.  Also, if you're loyal to Nintendo, you're bound to end up happy.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2003, 09:31:30 AM »
Timesplitters 2
Tiger Woods 2003
REmake
RE0
Wave Race
ED
Metroid
Zelda WW

that is the order in which I would get them.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2003, 10:38:58 AM »
From top to bottom?  You're weird.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Razex

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2003, 03:22:24 PM »
I guess I'll give my picks too
Zelda:WW
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Super Monkey Ball 1 and/or 2
Timesplitters 2
Beach Spikers is only $10 bucks and is a great buy
Eternal Darkness and Starfox Adventures are good rentals

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2003, 01:34:46 AM »
hostile creation

Yes, it called PREFERENCE or in some cases OPINION. Do these words scare you?

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2003, 06:39:30 AM »
what are we doing just listing the top ten games for cube.....well this is the top 10 no matter what anyone else says

zelda
metroid
re 0
remake
mario sunshine
animal crossing
smash bros
eternal darkness
skies of arcadia

number 10 is a toss up between a few games.....monkey ball2, rouge leader, wave race, pikmin, luigis mansion......and then besides these really good 14 exclusives there are tons of multi console games that are good like time spiltters 2, madden, well a lot of sports games.....
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2003, 01:42:34 PM »
Was it you, cubed, that once mentioned you played games for thrills?  If so, then why is a golfing game second on your list?

I don't mind opinions as long as they aren't bad ones j/k
Your opinions are fine with me.  It's just that my list would practically be flipped.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2003, 01:42:30 AM »
hostile

I am an avid golfer, and TW2003 is a blast to play, very fast moving golf game, and a ton of fun multiplayer.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2003, 01:43:30 AM »
One more thing, after playing Zelda every day this week, I would remove it from my list all together, way to tedius for me.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2003, 07:12:34 PM »
is it just me... or can you picture thecubedcanuck playing golf somewhat like happy gilmore... seems a very angry person

anyways, unless your damn sure you will enjoy a game from reading reveiws/played a prequle of it, rent it first! avoid disapointment and money loss, dont go off what other people tell you,  as hostile creation said, trust your instincts, but if you have the slightest bit of query about whether you would enjoy the title or not, rent it/borrow it/ask a store clerk to let you have a go (most are very obligeing, given it could damn well mean a sale!))

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2003, 06:17:50 AM »
Piac

I am very happy person in all honesty.

As for Golf, I am 2 handicap. Been trying for years to get it to 0 but just can get there yet.

As for games, I just have differant tastes than many of you. I play what I like regardless of what anyone says or thinks.

That could be why I am happy.

Currently playing, Vice City, Halo and Wave Race

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2003, 06:39:48 AM »
Golf's okay, but it's not my favorite.  It's fine if you like it, though.  I just think it's kind of funny for some reason.  Don't mind it.  I laugh at stuff that's not funny all the time.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2003, 10:52:24 AM »
geez cubed, 2 is pretty damn good, you play in tourniments and stuff? ph33r my 32 handycap i should really start playing again, maybe when i get a car (which will be when nintendo stops putting out games i have to buy, curse them). also, if i could fit what you said in my sig i would, pure truth

As for games, I just have differant tastes than many of you. I play what I like regardless of what anyone says or thinks. That could be why I am happy

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2003, 07:55:44 PM »

EDIT: SSBM is classic.... awesome stuff.  
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline ArmchairAthlete

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2003, 10:35:48 AM »
If you never buy more than 3 gamecube games, get these. These are the must haves IMO:

Super Smash Bros Melee
Zelda: The Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
-------------------------------
http://armchair.8m.com

Offline MarioFoxZelda

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2003, 03:09:45 PM »
I also agree with the above because those 3 games have something for everyone. You are guarenteed to like one of them.
HERE IS MY LIST (these are my games by the way and so I will tell you if you shouldn't get it too):

Name of Game                                   Developer              Genre                     Favorite
Luigi's Mansion                                   Nintendo                              Adventure                     12
Wave Race: Blue Storm                   Nintendo                              Racing                     3
Super Smash Bros. Melee                   HAL Laboratory, Inc.           Fighting                     4
007 Agent Under Fire                   Electronic Arts              First Person Shooter     11
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem   Silicon Knights              Adventure                     2
Super Mario Sunshine                   Nintendo                              Adventure                     8
Animal Crossing                                   Nintendo                              RPG/Adventure     14
Star Fox Adventures                   Rare                              Adventure                     7
Mario Party 4                                   Hudson Soft              Party                     9
Metroid Prime                                   Retro Studios, Inc              First Person Adventure     6
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance   Midway                              Fighting                     10
James Bond: 007 Nightfire                   Eurocom                              First Person Shooter     5
Resident Evil                                   Capcom Entertainment       Third Person Adventure  13
Smugglers Run                                   Angel Studios              Action/Racing     16
The Legend of Zelda: Bonus Disk   Nintendo                              Action/Adventure/RPG     15
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker   Nintendo                              Action/Adventure/RPG     1
what

Offline Nintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2003, 03:58:15 AM »
CAN NOT STAND UNORGANIZED LIST..... MUST BRING ORDER!...

Originally posted by: MarioFoxZelda

##. Name of Game                                   Developer              Genre

01. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker   Nintendo                              Action/Adventure/RPG
01. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem   Silicon Knights              Adventure
01. Wave Race: Blue Storm                   Nintendo                              Racing
01. Super Smash Bros. Melee                   HAL Laboratory, Inc.           Fighting
01. James Bond: 007 Nightfire                   Eurocom                              First Person Shooter
01. Metroid Prime                                   Retro Studios, Inc              First Person Adventure
01. Star Fox Adventures                   Rare                              Adventure
01. Super Mario Sunshine                   Nintendo                              Adventure
01. Mario Party 4                                   Hudson Soft              Party
10. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance   Midway                              Fighting
10. 007 Agent Under Fire                   Electronic Arts              First Person Shooter
10. Luigi's Mansion                                   Nintendo                              Adventure
10. Resident Evil                                   Capcom Entertainment       Third Person Adventure
10. Animal Crossing                                   Nintendo                              RPG/Adventure
10. The Legend of Zelda: Bonus Disk   Nintendo                              Action/Adventure/RPG
10. Smugglers Run                                   Angel Studios              Action/Racing

PS: Pikmin, Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2 should be added to that collection too, along with NBA Street if you're in America and Doshin the Giant if you're in Europe.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps

Offline Wesisapie

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2003, 02:38:56 AM »
golf, hahhahahhaa!
Fin.

Offline Jedi Master Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2003, 03:38:36 AM »
One of my friends in school is also getting a GCN (finally. he was going to get one when it came out, but decided to get an Xbox at the last minute) and asked me which games he should get. My list applies to all:

1) Metroid Prime - FREE WITH CONSOLE, PEOPLE!!!
2) Super Smash Bros. Melee
3) Zelda: Wind Waker
4) Eternal Darkness
5) Super Mario Sunshine
6) Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2
Check out the games I own!

Currently Playing:
1) Final Fantasy VIII - PSX

Jedi Master Yoda

Offline kpw22

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2003, 05:25:28 AM »
Ok everyone is saying 2003 is awsome and all. well, what games are coming out in 2003? mario kart final fantasy.....what else?
look down

look up

Offline TheGlueBubble

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2003, 02:11:41 PM »
Other than those two:

• Ikaruga
  • Mario Tennis
  • Mario Golf
  • F-Zero
  • Pikmin 2
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • P.N. 03
  • NBA street Vol. 2
  • Lost Kingdoms 2
  • Wario World
  • Sonic Adventure DX
  • Hitman 2
  • Mega Man Network Transmission
  • Soul Calibur 2
  • Harvest Moon (My favourite on the list)
  • 1080 Avalanche
  • Animal Crossing 2
  • Starcraft Ghost
  • Nintendo Puzzle collection
  • Star Fox Armada
GC games: Wind Waker, OOT/MQ, Ikaruga, Mario Sunshine, SSBM,  Resident Evil, Timesplitters 2, Animal Crossing

Offline Black Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2003, 06:30:03 PM »
This is my Top Ten list, from top to bottom.

01. Wind Waker
02. Eternal Darkness (this is a choice based on your taste, some people hate it, I love it)
03. LOZ: OoT/MQ
04. Skies of Arcadia
05. PSO Episode 1&2
06. Star Wars: Rogue Leader
07: Metroid Prime
08: Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
09: TimeSplitters 2
10: Resident Evil

Worst Game I've played for the GC: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, and Spy Hunter
Most Annoying game yet: Star Fox Adventures

SSBM is a very worthy game to be on my top ten list, but it's not as enjoyable as it is time consuming, and considering that not everyone has the time to do everything in this game, I dropped it off the list. Consider it my #11.
If we're in the Matrix, Microsoft would be the machines, Sony the mindless masses, and Nintendo would be Neo before he realizes his true potential. I've been watching too much god damned tv...

« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2003, 04:18:42 AM »
Jedi outcast has a sucky ass one player--but how can you pass up a game where you get tot toally be a jedi? Blocking lasers, jumping stories high, throwin your lightsaber, froce grip, lightning--multiplayer jedi madness is fun as hell. Its a good game to get.
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline Black Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2003, 02:14:41 PM »
I love the Multiplayer in Outcast, but no excuse for the weak as hell Single player mode. There are so many glitches, I've had to start levels over and over again because the game decides to stop running, or I walk into an area with a small door, and the NPC won't let me walk back out. The control over the lightsaber isn't what I would like either. I would have liked the fighting styles in the game, mixed with the control over striking points found in Eternal Darkness. That way I could cut a guys arm off without killing him, or cut his head off and shut him up.

The game is average at best, even with multi included, and doesn't deserve a spot on my Top 10.
If we're in the Matrix, Microsoft would be the machines, Sony the mindless masses, and Nintendo would be Neo before he realizes his true potential. I've been watching too much god damned tv...