Author Topic: Super Mario Maker Patched to v1.10  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Super Mario Maker Patched to v1.10
« on: September 23, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »

Does not resolve odd level-breaking glitch.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41214/super-mario-maker-patched-to-v110

UPDATE: NWR staff have been able to recreate the glitch in 1.10. Original story follows.

Super Mario Maker has received a full point version update, and reports are it resolves a potential level-breaking glitch.

The v1.10 patch's official notes are "Adjustments have been made to make for a more present gaming experience", and the patch requires 223MB.

Although not confirmed officially, reports from social media indicate the patch may have resolved a particular glitch that can render Mario invincible for the rest of a course. It involved stepping on spikes while equipped with a Fire Flower or other post-Mushroom power-up, then entering a door near the end of the invincibility period to be made invincible for the rest of the stage. (A test level for this can be found with code 9301-0000-004C-26E6.)

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Maker Patched to v1.1
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:37:42 AM »
Still no patch for people making stupid "don't move" levels
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 07:03:12 AM »
Sadly, users can't be patched.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 09:57:57 AM »
Don't move levels are usually clever and well thought out, better than levels requiring trial and error (like one level I played that made you jump into 1 of 3 pits, but 2 of them would kill you instantly and you had no way of knowing which one to take unless you played the level before. Or levels that have doors which instantly kill you).

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:00:35 AM »
Yeah, Gamexplain made a video about this glitch and I very much knew that it was going to be something that got patched. that being said, there may be levels out on the server now that are unbeatable now as a result because of levels being built around it.

I actually have something I'd like to have patched where for some reason, muchers aren't loaded in when they are off screen. I have a level that I'm otherwise REALLY proud of, but it breaks if you launch shell across the long stretch of munchers but don't follow it.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Maker Patched to v1.10
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 02:05:11 AM »
One thing I would like patched is the delay on things coming out of pipes being exactly the time you need to run up to the pipe and think it's safe to land on. Didn't plants in SMB spawn extended and only retract once the player can see that they're in the pipe?