Author Topic: Princess Peach: Showtime Launching March 22  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Princess Peach: Showtime Launching March 22
« on: September 14, 2023, 06:50:27 AM »

This is really going to jack up her Smash moveset.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/64843/princess-peach-showtime-launching-march-22

The "untitled Peach game" is not only titled, it's also been dated.

Originally announced in June's direct, the Peach-starring game was shown today as "Princess Peach: Showtime" and will launch on March 22. In the game, Princess Peach can don various costumes including a patisserie (baker), detective, and swiordfighter in order to save areas from an evil gang.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Peach: Showtime Launching March 22
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 07:08:50 PM »
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this.  This game looks like it could be amazing based on what they showed.  Nice variety of gameplay with more yet to be shown.  Definitely something that has a lot of potential.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 07:40:02 PM »
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this.  This game looks like it could be amazing based on what they showed.  Nice variety of gameplay with more yet to be shown.  Definitely something that has a lot of potential.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one after watching the trailer. The game kinda reminds me of a cross between a Kirby game and Puppeteer on the PS3, with the "stage"-style of presentation they seem to be going with.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 10:33:58 PM »
Yeah, thinking about the Direct, this is probably the game that is my most wanted (aside from Mario Wonder but that was barely shown since it's already been promoted). It helps that it isn't a port or remake but something fresh and new from Nintendo (although I did feel a nagging in my mind that it seemed like something I'd kind of seen before). I do wonder what the difficulty level for it will be. For whatever reason, I felt like I was watching a pretty easy game being played but I may have to rewatch it again to see if I still get that impression.

As for that nagging, the whole costume thing for different abilities is probably what is triggering my mind. I guess the biggest thing it is making me think of is Wario: Master of Disguise on DS. And that game was rather so-so. With Super Princess Peach on the DS also being on the average side of platformers, it's the combination of those two memories that is keeping me from getting overly hyped on this game but just cautiously optimistic. There's also the whole thing about the game clearly playing out like various plays / dramas for an audience based on the setting and that it all seems to take place on a stage. That theatre aspect made me think of TTYD battles. Wouldn't you know it? That game would also make an appearance in the Direct.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 12:17:46 PM »
This game looks fun and cute and amazing. Amazingly cute? Either way, I'm definitely there for that!

Offline lavishsailor

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2024, 06:19:30 AM »
It surprises me that this isn't receiving more attention.  From what they presented, this game has the potential to be incredible.  I like the diversity of the gameplay, and there's still more to come.