Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 496738 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #1277 on: April 12, 2009, 03:30:14 PM »
I think you have to talk to the Able sisters a lot every day.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1278 on: April 12, 2009, 03:35:03 PM »
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 13, 2009, 10:26:55 AM »
I talked to them enough to get that first sob story, but gave up after getting "its hump day lalala stay positive lalala i gotta work hard lalala"
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1280 on: April 18, 2009, 01:39:17 PM »
Well today is Saturday.K.K. Slider is going to be playing tonight.
In addition to that there is going to be new content.It has something to do with Teachers.
http://Http://gonintendo.com/?p=79632
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 01:43:59 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1281 on: April 18, 2009, 05:17:14 PM »
Well today is Saturday.K.K. Slider is going to be playing tonight.
In addition to that there is going to be new content.It has something to do with Teachers.
http://Http://gonintendo.com/?p=79632

Graduation maybe?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1282 on: April 18, 2009, 05:24:56 PM »
Maybe a graduation cap.
Hmm maybe if that is true it would make sense that it would be June's content.Just a guess.

So Pap what have you been doing with your town?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1283 on: April 18, 2009, 05:42:04 PM »
It's the Student Cap and Student Uniform pattern, which Japanese gamers got (both together) this month as well:
http://wiifolder.com/?p=336
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 18, 2009, 08:51:45 PM »
Well Pap64, I had a look at your award-winning house at the Happy Room Academy. You sure have collected a lot of Nintendo-themed items... which is weird, because the theme was cuteness. It looks like you just placed all of that stuff in your room because it is all high-scoring items, which is cheating!

What was your score for it?

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1285 on: April 19, 2009, 02:49:05 AM »
Well Pap64, I had a look at your award-winning house at the Happy Room Academy. You sure have collected a lot of Nintendo-themed items... which is weird, because the theme was cuteness. It looks like you just placed all of that stuff in your room because it is all high-scoring items, which is cheating!

What was your score for it?

First off...Man its been weeks since I last played City Folk! Life has gotten so busy for me that I haven't sat down to catch up on my village.

Mop: That room is called "Nintendo Heaven", a place for all things Nintendo. It was going to be a massive project but then I got very busy and haven't been able to fully organize it. The room was even going to include the DSi bench!

I really gotta go back and finish my projects.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1286 on: April 19, 2009, 03:15:51 AM »
Well I got some songs tonight.I got K.K. Rider and K.K.Aria. I had Aria before but I was in a rush to get them. 10 mins till midnight when I started playing. Since I had Aria before I sent it to someone that doesn't really get a chance to chose a song. Also I got 1000 bells from Nintendo for tax day.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 19, 2009, 02:42:20 PM »
damn, missed tax day..  blah!

i played for about 5 mins last night, with my firlfriend, and got k.k salsa after telling him my mood was "good!" then the second i got outside i came across a golden slingshot, awesome!. on my way home to pop the tunes in my pad, i caught a flea on a bear character. My girlfriend thought it was cute that the animals can catch fleas.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1288 on: April 19, 2009, 02:52:49 PM »

Nintendo's official AC site says that the 1,000 bell Tax Day gift is valid from April 15 to April 29 (http://us.wii.com/animalcrossing.jsp).

I can't wait to get the Student Cap and Student uniform. I guess it's too much to hope that Nintendo will eventually give us the Japanese-exclusive DLC (like the Sumo Wig).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 19, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »
Mop: That room is called "Nintendo Heaven", a place for all things Nintendo. It was going to be a massive project but then I got very busy and haven't been able to fully organize it. The room was even going to include the DSi bench!
So you weren't even trying? Next time you plan on taking a break from the game, how about putting away all of your stuff?  :) I don't even know where you got those things as I have never found any stuff like that.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: April 19, 2009, 07:42:22 PM »

Nintendo's official AC site says that the 1,000 bell Tax Day gift is valid from April 15 to April 29 (http://us.wii.com/animalcrossing.jsp).

I can't wait to get the Student Cap and Student uniform. I guess it's too much to hope that Nintendo will eventually give us the Japanese-exclusive DLC (like the Sumo Wig).

damn my wii's offline at the moment. i gotta fix it before th at cut-off date

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 19, 2009, 07:44:15 PM »
So after two months of craziness, I had enough time to catch up in AC:CF. It's nice just to spend a day doing chores in a fake world than a real one  ;D.

Once I finish paying of my final loan from Nook, I think I'll actually work on doing something different with my house. It's not bad, but it still somewhat looks like a mess.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 19, 2009, 11:47:21 PM »
i caught a flea on a bear character. My girlfriend thought it was cute that the animals can catch fleas.

I caught a flea on Bella the rat. It seemed appropriate, though she swore up and down that she wasn't dirty...

I think I'll actually work on doing something different with my house.

Same here. I got rid of my Snowman theme, since  I want a fresh start, but haven't picked a theme.

I'm working on getting a fountain, though that process will be sped up thanks to some anonymous donations... ;)
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1293 on: April 19, 2009, 11:56:41 PM »
I just recently switched from the Snowman theme to the Egg theme. I only have 2 complete sets, along with most from other sets. The annoying thing is getting the stuff you use Nook's bonus points to buy. You get 1 point for every 100 bells you spend at his shop. The most expensive item you can redeem points for is the Kart at 20,000 points (or about 2 million bells worth of purchases), so it is taking a lot of time and money to get them all. Luckily Nook tends to have promos once or twice a month where you get 5X points (so buying a White Katana at 26,000 bells will get you 1,500 points).

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 20, 2009, 12:08:19 AM »
i caught a flea on a bear character. My girlfriend thought it was cute that the animals can catch fleas.

I caught a flea on Bella the rat. It seemed appropriate, though she swore up and down that she wasn't dirty...

Oh, so when an animal has black dots hopping from them, those are fleas? I had no idea what that was for. The first time I saw it happen was during a fishing tournament. The animal that had fleas was the one with the biggest catch thus far in the tournament. I thought it was a sign that the animal was in the lead.

Then it happened on a non-tournament day, and got more confused about it. I guess I should read FAQs more often about this game.

Same here. I got rid of my Snowman theme, since  I want a fresh start, but haven't picked a theme.

That's my wife's current theme for her house. I think I might make my living room a garden with lots of plants and a pond. I think there's an indoor pond that I've seen before.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1295 on: April 21, 2009, 02:03:02 PM »
Well newegg has a bundle of Wii Speak and AC:CF for $39.99. Its an Amazing Deal!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 22, 2009, 11:53:24 PM »
If you want a physical copy of the music...

Seems incomplete though. Vol 2 to come later?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 22, 2009, 11:55:55 PM »
The word filter in this game is annoying. Does anyone have a list of all the words which are blocked? Apparently it censors more than just curse words, as it wouldn't let me enter "stupid" or "donuts" either. I'm guessing the latter one was because of "nuts".

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 23, 2009, 10:09:22 AM »
Well newegg has a bundle of Wii Speak and AC:CF for $39.99. Its an Amazing Deal!!

Dang, I actually went to bite on it at that price, but it's $54.99 now. Still better, but not good enough. Oh, well. I'll just take it as a sign I'm not meant to be playing Animal Crossing right now. :P
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 24, 2009, 12:16:30 AM »
Apparently it censors more than just curse words, as it wouldn't let me enter "stupid" or "donuts" either.

Try using letters that have accents or ulmaults (sp?). I have Vesta the sheep doing a greeting saying "Baahh Bitch!", but I used an 'i' with an accent. Why such an upfront greeting? To let Vesta get out some out of that hostility!
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa